Murray to Sit

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’m totally opposed to Murray sitting out the preseason. Considering the major changes in the receiving corps, I just don’t believe you can simulate game speed in training camp. I wouldn’t play him much but he should get some reps. We’ve been here before and the timing looked bad in early regular season games.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, nobody here is going to remember a great Kyler play in preseason a week after it happened.

A lot of people here are going to remember injuries or lingering-injuries of when it first happened though.

Preseason also isn’t “game speed”.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m totally opposed to Murray sitting out the preseason. Considering the major changes in the receiving corps, I just don’t believe you can simulate game speed in training camp. I wouldn’t play him much but he should get some reps. We’ve been here before and the timing looked bad in early regular season games.

"old school'.

They are going head-to-head with Minny in practice.

And if the timing is a bit off in game one, it won't be because Kyler missed a quarter of snaps in the preseason. (IMO)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There it is

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
History of Kyler's first game of each season, leaving out rushing as I don't find that relevant for preseason reps discussion:
2019: 29 completions on 54 attempts (54%). 308 yards... 2 touchdowns, 1 Int... Cardinals loss vs Lions
2020: 26 completions on 40 attempts (65%). 230 yards... 1 touchdowns, 1 Int... Cardinals win vs 49ers
2021: 21 completions on 32 attempts (66%). 289 yards... 4 touchdowns, 1 Int... Cardinals win vs Titans
2022: 22 completions on 34 attempts (54%). 193 yards... 2 touchdowns, 0 Int... Cardinals loss vs Chiefs
2023: 19 completions on 32 attempts (60%). 249 yards... 0 touchdowns, 1 Int... Cardinals win vs Falcons, week 10 return after ACL

Kyler doesn't appear to start slow or have bad timing... but I'm also not sure on how much preseason was involved each year. I want to say much of the Kliff tenure had Kyler getting zero PS reps and even was Offensive coordinator one of the games.

Am I concerned Kyler will start slow? No I am not.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
History of Kyler's first game of each season, leaving out rushing as I don't find that relevant for preseason reps discussion:

2023: 19 completions on 32 attempts (60%). 249 yards... 0 touchdowns, 1 Int... Cardinals win vs Falcons, week 10 return after ACL
This is the most recent

You made our point for us

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He was rusty from lack of game speed reps

But you knew that already
No. He was playing his first game in a new system...likely his first game ever in a pro offense,...while coming back from an acl...and facing the 2nd ranked defense in the entire nfl that was in mid season form...and he was still able to manage a completion percentage that was better than hall of famer Dan Marino's career average and match him in yardage...shame he didn't complete 1 more pass because he would have matched The Goat, Joe Montana...
But we all know facts have zero to do with the derogatory dogma...so you do you.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You guys are taking that Bullhead post serious lmao
I don't know why I took him seriously. Both Harry and Bullhead thought Kyler played well in the Falcons game LOL.

I just went and looked at the Falcons gameday thread... Bullhead couldn't watch the game and couldn't figure out how to stream it but he thought Kyler looked good from the highlights he saw and was concerned Kyler is so sharp he's going to ruin our draft position.

So basically I'm arguing with someone who couldn't watch the game but actually agrees with me. Oh the joys of football forums.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I don't know why I took him seriously. Both Harry and Bullhead thought Kyler played well in the Falcons game LOL.

I just went and looked at the Falcons gameday thread... Bullhead couldn't watch the game and couldn't figure out how to stream it but he thought Kyler looked good from the highlights he saw and was concerned Kyler is so sharp he's going to ruin our draft position.

So basically I'm arguing with someone who couldn't watch the game but actually agrees with me. Oh the joys of football forums.
Ouch

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
It seems teams are returning to a little preseason week 1 for starters. Nobody was playing until Jaylon, Josh Allen, C.Williams' teams announced they were playing. Now Burrow, Mahomes, Kelce are playing. Stroud threw a td at Pittsburgh in a series or 2 and looked solid. But yet Kyler wants to sit or maybe the coaches and FO. I do agree that the injury risk is there but got to get reps. Maybe that says something about the Oline. I remember his first year preseason vs. Raiders and that embarrassing sack.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I did not watch the game

We did win the game but he was rusty

71 QB rating is not rusty?

So many want to give KM a free pass on everything

He is good QB that has flashed greatness and also bad

He is at a turning point in his career and this team won 4 games last year

He and the team should be doing everything possible to get the extra edge to win games

This team hasn't earned anything to sit back and pass on opportunities is not good

The Texans who we all thought was only going to win 4 games last year shocked the entire NFL

How? By hard work and doing whatever it takes, all of them

Last night CJ Stroud played some series to get the rust out and get prepared for the regular season

Is DeMeco Ryans wrong to play him?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky