News of the week. 07/15/24-07/21/24

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Tune will most likely end up on the practice squad with Ridder as #2. Odds of another team claiming him are pretty slim. He won't get cut as he know the offense which has value as a #3. The only way he gets cut is if he really blows it in camp and pre-season games.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Tune will most likely end up on the practice squad with Ridder as #2. Odds of another team claiming him are pretty slim. He won't get cut as he know the offense which has value as a #3. The only way he gets cut is if he really blows it in camp and pre-season games.
He has to be cut to be put on the practice squad.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He has to be cut to be put on the practice squad.
Correct, but in such cases it's more of a formality when the player knows he is coming back to the PS. I don't see any team offering him a ton more money than he would be getting with the Cardinals unless he lights it up in pre-season.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Its
Correct, but in such cases it's more of a formality when the player knows he is coming back to the PS. I don't see any team offering him a ton more money than he would be getting with the Cardinals unless he lights it up in pre-season.
It's not about offering more or less money. If he's cut, he can be claimed, before being able to be added to PS. Would he be claimed? Who knows...but you just can assume he'll be available to be added to PS.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Its

It's not about offering more or less money. If he's cut, he can be claimed, before being able to be added to PS. Would he be claimed? Who knows...but you just can assume he'll be available to be added to PS.

He is assuming just that and said so higher up. He doesn't think another team will claim Tune (again, higher up in the thread) and I wholeheartedly agree. Until he shows something--anything--he's a big fat nothingburger.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its

Tune wasn't even good in preseason last year. If he plays this preseason like he did last preseason he will not be picked up.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Tune wasn't even good in preseason last year. If he plays this preseason like he did last preseason he will not be picked up.
He has a better chance being picked up if cut before gane 1, than after game 1. Before gane 1, if he's cut, he can be signed to anyone's PS. After game 1, if he's on AZs PS, if another team wants him, he has to be signed to active roster. He may be garbage, but another team may still like him enough to put him on PS if he becomes available. Personally, I won't miss him.