Nuggets @ Suns 12-29-18

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There have been no complaints from players regarding a language issue. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

In fact hes been very highly regarded in the league for over a decade for helping players develop.

So when someone complains about language issues due to how they speak during a press conference, it reeks of something else

It reeks of you looking for racism where none exists.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
So far if you think Koko is horrible you get called troll and borderline racist. Good times on the Suns board

For some posters, it's for good reason

They fought back this game and yet there will be plenty here that will give Igor zero credit for it

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There have been no complaints from players regarding a language issue. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

In fact hes been very highly regarded in the league for over a decade for helping players develop.

So when someone complains about language issues due to how they speak during a press conference, it reeks of something else

Plenty of people speak English as their secondary language that are hard to understand at times. Hell plenty of people who only speak English are hard to understand. Igor has made jokes about his own English. This has more to do with the poster in question being a contrarian in general than it does what he’s said.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have shown they can fight back. It's a solid effort.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I think the 3 pointer has ruined the game.

I think it's actually saved the game. Given that increasing the court size was not feasible, the 3 point emphasis (and referee protection) has made the game watchable again. It was slowly dying in the 90's and while this isn't perfect, it's made it fun again.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Either way, it was a great comeback.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some posters, it's for good reason

They fought back this game and yet there will be plenty here that will give Igor zero credit for it

It's amazing how that works.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Nuggets 122 - Suns 118

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
It reeks of you looking for racism where none
Plenty of people speak English as their secondary language that are hard to understand at times. Hell plenty of people who only speak English are hard to understand. Igor has made jokes about his own English. This has more to do with the poster in question being a contrarian in general than it does what he’s said.

So he needs to back up his argument or stop acting like a troll.

You can criticize his coaching style, his rotations, whatever as long as you can back it up somewhat.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Either way, it was a great comeback.

Yeah, just think if they hadn’t rolled over in the first quarter, or actually continued to feed ayton in the second half.

But overall it was probably still positive. They should learn from this game.

Bridges is really playing great the last two games.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's actually saved the game. Given that increasing the court size was not feasible, the 3 point emphasis (and referee protection) has made the game watchable again. It was slowly dying in the 90's and while this isn't perfect, it's made it fun again.

The corner 3 is my biggest gripe. It is too close. It should be the same distance at points of the three point line.

You must be registered for see images attach

Great shooters will still be great, but this will bring back the mid-range game and keep players from camping out in the corner because that is boring. Ball and player movement is entertaining.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You can criticize his coaching style, his rotations, whatever as long as you can back it up somewhat.

Or maybe you need to hold off calling someone a racist till there is actual evidence of it.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

I have a few people blocked, but I assume that someone said players are not listening to Igor because he is not a native speaker? Racist or not, the argument is stupid.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Or maybe you need to hold off calling someone a racist till there is actual evidence of it.

I said his comment was borderline racist and he was walking a fine line. Whether or not he was trying to go in that direction, he was going there.

Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding but its walking a fine line where he was going

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great to see them fight back. Even with the w it’s a great learning experience that they always have a chance if they keep fighting.

And man I’m glad to see Ayton pin 30+ on someone. If that bulb lights up for him, Igor and the rest of the team he’s going to make ROY a real dogfight with Doncic.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Man, take away that abysmal first quarter and Phoenix would have been up 16. Great effort to battle back, including some nice stops when it mattered but can't spot a 20 point lead to one of the top teams in the league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few people blocked, but I assume that someone said players are not listening to Igor because he is not a native speaker? Racist or not, the argument is stupid.

What bothers me this has become another method to attack Igor when nothing else is working.

It has become a source of regular unfair attacks on the coach.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
What bothers me this has become another method to attack Igor when nothing else is working.

It has become a source of regular unfair attacks on the coach.

Yeah, I swear to God, he could lead the team to a perfect record the rest of the year, go undefeated next year and win a championship and people would still find a reason to criticize him. He is such a nice, likeable guy too. I just don't get it.