OFFICIAL Boldin Trade/Resign/Discussion thread

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
could the Card frontoffice do this with Q

This forum has become cluttered with everyone posting their own opinions about Boldin their own thread.

If you want to talk about Boldin, let's do it here.

If it big news, then it will warrant its own thread.

I understand it is about money and therefore I ask one thing from the Cardinal organization. Make it public what their contract offer is to Q if he turns it down. I know the Cardinals do not like to make contract talks public but I feel they will not low ball Q and he can then end up leaving the team with everyone knowing it was all about money without a doubt and the Cardinals played it fair. I'm sick of the Cards being labled as cheap when they are actually playing it smart of late instead and offering players what they are worth with the concept of building a whole team that can win.

This way Q does not walk out saying he is about the game BS and he was not aprreciated for who he was

Last edited by a moderator:

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I understand it is about money and therefore I ask one thing from the Cardinal organization. Make it public what their contract offer is to Q if he turns it down. I know the Cardinals do not like to make contract talks public but I feel they will not low ball Q and he can then end up leaving the team with everyone knowing it was all about money without a doubt and the Cardinals played it fair. I'm sick of the Cards being labled as cheap when they are actually playing it smart of late instead and offering players what they are worth with the concept of building a whole team that can win.

This way Q does not walk out saying he is about the game BS and he was not aprreciated for who he was
That sounds good to me! Fitz has said he would take a cut to keep Boldin here as well.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals will never do that. SImply because they may be low balling him. They aleady low balled him once. The team even admitted as much. Even though they dont think it was low balling.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Negotiating in public is not (IMO) a precedent Cards management wants to set. The Press would love it, and fans... but, it would be nothing but headaches for management.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Q's views...

If you get a chance check out the "Cards getting respect" article over on Yahoo. For a guy who many think is going to leave he's throwing some nice compliments at the team. Seems contradictory but then what do I know. Very confusing... Also, all this talk of repeating 1999 seems premature to me. The Cardinal mgmt. since Michael B. took over has had a different mind-set. While I don't expect them to go $$ KRAZY ala Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder, they do seem willing to do what it takes to keep the team moving forward. ...AND we will DEFINITELY have an improved Defense w/o "soft" Clancy's schemes. ATTACK! ATTACK!! ATTACK!!! THAT'S what makes a D feared!! GO CARDS!! AFTER-SHOCKS in 2009.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how all of the people who piss on boldin around here have no comment about what he says in this article. He openly and clearly talks posotively about the "team"

It is obvious that his beef is with the FO and the slight he feels they gave him. But the team as a whole he is very complimentary of and talks about them as though he is apart of it and was happy to be apart of it.

Really such a slap in the face to you fans. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I won't totally be on Q's side or against Q till we know how this turns out and time will only tell what actually happened if at all but this is one thing out of all the interviews that Q said which pretty much still says anything is possible. It was a real simple statement inbetween all his words and the words were "It is out of my hands". If he gets an offer from the Cardinals HE likes, he will sign and all will be forgotten.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fact is he is talking about his teammates, not the organization, boldin is pissed at the front office.

it sucks but w/e

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bottom line, I am pesimistic and pissy when it comes to Boldin. I'm ranting against the way he negotiates and I hate the blanket threats he's making. I'm upset that he's threatening a contact, blah, blah blah.

If he resigns and says he's glad to be a Cardinal, I'd blush like a little kid and say 'ah shucks, I love you Q" ... is that hippocritical? Yes. But, it's like when you're sure your girl is about to break your heart... you get guarded and jaded. Its self-protection. Sometimes, you even dump her first because you see it coming. Its human nature.

In my heart though, the man-crush for Q is still strong hoping he's going to walk in the front door (of the Cards headquarters) and make everything all right.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
I'm lucky to be a guy that will just sit back and see what goes down and THEN rant about it.
It's a long offseason, pardners - i recommend calm.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Bottom line, I am pesimistic and pissy when it comes to Rosenhaus. I'm ranting against the way Rosenhaus negotiates and I hate the blanket threats Rosenhaus is making. I'm upset that Rosenhaus is threatening a contact, blah, blah blah.
FIFY

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Pretty cool. I understand that guy is probably leaving and that its about the money and perceived lack of respect, etc. He's this proud, emotional guy and blah, blah, blah. Whatever. But the one thing that has bothered me is that he shows no acknowledgment of the fans that have been with that guy since day one. Those of us who were clamoring for a Q jersey back in 03 when the team only had Bryant Johnson jerseys and a few left over Wendall Bryants. Back then, our team was absolutely revolting but we would have told you, "we've got Q, he's going to dig in and take us to the top" All these years later he doesn't even seem to spend 10 minutes with us, to say look at how far we've all come, I'd like to thank those who were with me all the way." Its simply, I'm out of here, I was disrespected. I can't wait around for the presentation of the Halas trophy. Screw it.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool. I understand that guy is probably leaving and that its about the money and perceived lack of respect, etc. He's this proud, emotional guy and blah, blah, blah. Whatever. But the one thing that has bothered me is that he shows no acknowledgment of the fans that have been with that guy since day one. Those of us who were clamoring for a Q jersey back in 03 when the team only had Bryant Johnson jerseys and a few left over Wendall Bryants. Back then, our team was absolutely revolting but we would have told you, "we've got Q, he's going to dig in and take us to the top" All these years later he doesn't even seem to spend 10 minutes with us, to say look at how far we've all come, I'd like to thank those who were with me all the way." Its simply, I'm out of here, I was disrespected. I can't wait around for the presentation of the Halas trophy. Screw it.

First of all he is BY FAR the most gracious player to the fans we have in the entire organization outside of Warner.

There isnt a single player on the team that spends more time interacting with fans and making sure EVERY SINGLE fan at training camp leaves happy. Thats after 2.5 hours of an all out sweaty bust your azz practice and you have to be back for the afternoon practice.

Q is all about the fans. He doesnt need to say it publicly he shows it 10 fold.

Lets not forget its about 90% of the fans who are now spewing venom at him right now when it effects them exactly 0%.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I at least am not spewing venom but Q is the one [with DR's help] who decided to negotiate in the press.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He openly and clearly talks posotively about the "team"

It is obvious that his beef is with the FO and the slight he feels they gave him. But the team as a whole he is very complimentary of and talks about them as though he is apart of it and was happy to be apart of it.

No kidding? I dont think there is a person on this board that is arguing that he doesnt like his teamates.

seesred

Reaction score
I love the Q Man. I hope that he resigns and of not, thanks for all the memories. Not only is he good to the fans, but his many charities has helped many children in our valley. The boss tends to always hold the winning cards. The problem with this , is that it should have been done last year.

GBR

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lets not forget its about 90% of the fans who are now spewing venom at him right now when it effects them exactly 0%.

like 0% of the fans that bought his jersey, or 0% of the people that go to the game and pay his salary. No one wants a greedy loudmouth baby on their team. Everyone gave Quan the benefit of the doubt up untill about 3 days after the super bowl when he started shooting off his mouth. He and DR just need to take their ball and go home.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like 0% of the fans that bought his jersey, or 0% of the people that go to the game and pay his salary. No one wants a greedy loudmouth baby on their team. Everyone gave Quan the benefit of the doubt up untill about 3 days after the super bowl when he started shooting off his mouth. He and DR just need to take their ball and go home.

:lmao:

Oh yea I forgot Q has to not worry about looking out for #1 because a fan bought his jersey. WOW! I have 2 Q jerseys and paid cash for them. How are his antics effecting me? Do tell?

Alot of people want Q on this team including all the people that actually matter. Newsflash for you ITS NOT US!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05