OFFICIAL Boldin Trade/Resign/Discussion thread

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Today Oakland signed their receiver for $45 mil for three years. Any thoughts we have about keeping Boldin are gone with the wind once he reads that. Oakland is nuts. Apparenly many owner think he is also. They also paid a big chunk of change for their punter.

Are you thinking of their CB Nmgimnga Asoughgmnga?

Personally, I think the team could be improved with a mid-first rd draft pick plus something later, in place of a disgruntled second pro-bowl WR. I respect the way Boldin plays and what he has done in the past but would you want the Cardinals to give up a 1st round pick + to get him if the situation were reversed? Improve the O-Line/RB position and see what Breaston/Doucet can do. I'm not adament in believing I'm right, it's just my opinion.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Nedwardo from Las Vegas writes: With the Cards going 4-1 without Boldin and with so many needs at other positions, why wouldn't the Cards trade Boldin for draft picks (say the Eagles w/ a TE to spare and extra draft picks)? Boldin deserves a shot at playing on another team outside of Larry's shadow with a new and bigger contract. And with the extra picks, the Cards could improve their running game and save some wear and tear on Warner by upgrading the O-line.

Mike Sando: Anquan Boldin is close to a sure bet. Draft choices are riskier bets. Also, getting Boldin under contract over the long term would provide protection for when Fitzgerald becomes a free agent. Fitzgerald becomes a free agent after the 2011 season and the Cardinals agreed not to name him their franchise player at that time. Those would be a couple reasons for not trading Boldin.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05