OFFICIAL Boldin Trade/Resign/Discussion thread

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I saw a chart (I cant remember where) on what has happened to RBs over the age of 27 who put up back to back 1400+ yard seasons --- its not pretty how quickly and dramatically the decline happens

Tomlinson turns 30 just before the 2009 training camps open

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Boldin to Philly for a no. 1 and Kevin Curtis or Jason Avant.

We get two no. 1's this year, and we have less concern about our passing "O".

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boldin to Philly for a no. 1 and Kevin Curtis or Jason Avant.

We get two no. 1's this year, and we have less concern about our passing "O".

I like this a LOT. Although I want Curtis and not Avant. Curtis is the slippery guy we need for the slot and IIRC has better speed then Avant.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we trade him to a contender in the NFC, we better be getting a crap-
load in return..

Why are you guys happy with a low first this year and a 2nd next year???

The only way we trade him to the Eagles is for both their 1st round picks this year.. period end of story..

You do not give a team, whose seemingly only weakness is a solid possesion reciever, a that exact gift for below vaule...

Now if this was say.. Jacksonville, yeah, I'd take their first this year and a 2nd next year....

If we trade Boldin to the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Falcons, Panthers, we better be asking for the moon.....

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we trade him to a contender in the NFC, we better be getting a crap-
load in return..

Why are you guys happy with a low first this year and a 2nd next year???

The only way we trade him to the Eagles is for both their 1st round picks this year.. period end of story..

You do not give a team, whose seemingly only weakness is a solid possesion reciever, a that exact gift for below vaule...

Now if this was say.. Jacksonville, yeah, I'd take their first this year and a 2nd next year....

If we trade Boldin to the Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Falcons, Panthers, we better be asking for the moon.....

The question what is Q's or any number 1 WR's fair trade value.
The days of getting 2 #1 draft picks for a WR are over.

The Roy Williams trade has a couple of qualifiers. JJ got an extra 8 or so games out of RW then a team would for Q due to the trade ocurring during the season. JJ is an idiot. JJ is all about potential and thinks he is smarter then everyone else. The list of idiot owners is limited; Snyder, Davis, thats my list. JJ and Snyder are low on draft picks this year, sorta takes them out of the potential trade partners list. Davis covets speed more than anything and that's not Q's strength.

Jacksonville needs more than just a WR so they won't do the deal, plus they are not into spending a bunch of money and Q wants his $$$$.

Basically very few teams are just a WR away from taking the next big step and the teams that are don't throw around draft picks. That's why they are a good team.

So I like the Eagles trade because Curtis is a very good WR and a #1 draft pick puts us into position to get the OLB, DE, OL or RB we need.

Last edited:

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

- How important is overall personnel continuity to the future success of this football team?

AWWW!!!! Why don't you stop being so logical and ruining a good thread with facts.
You must be registered for see images

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
So I like the Eagles trade because Curtis is a very good WR and a #1 draft pick puts us into position to get the OLB, DE, OL or RB we need.
I really don't think trading Boldin to the Eagles is good for the Cardinals at all. Boldin, Curtis, Jackson and Westbrook? No way the Cardinals want to see that happen.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I can forsee the Giants, Eagles and Redskins all getting into a bidding war for Boldin

The Eagles I am sure feel that sense of urgency after getting to the NFC Champ game and feel they need one last piece.

The Giants learned just how important a true #1 WR is after Burress was gone.

And Daniel Synder always feels that compulsion to add high profile players.

The only reason I leave out Jerry Jones is because he already has TO and Roy Williams.

could be interesting

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I would do that in a second. No way it happens.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really don't think trading Boldin to the Eagles is good for the Cardinals at all. Boldin, Curtis, Jackson and Westbrook? No way the Cardinals want to see that happen.

The only teams to which I would not trade Boldin are the three in our division. We face them twice a year and I don't want Q to haunt us. But, as for the rest... just give me the best deal and if it means meeting Q in a NFC Championship game or the Super Bowl, I'll be overjoyed by a trade that helped get us there.

PS: I'll stick DRC on him... and hope for the best

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like this a LOT. Although I want Curtis and not Avant. Curtis is the slippery guy we need for the slot and IIRC has better speed then Avant.

for being so nice, I've given you $1000 AFSN bucks...:D

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I would not offer Boldin for LT. Before we try to slot another premier RB in the backfield, lets shore up the run blocking scheme first by reassessing or getting better personnel on the field.

We can fill multiple gaps on our team by trading Boldin for multiple picks plus a player.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LT has basically come up 'bone dry' in San Diegos last two playoff runs. Imo his days are over

cardsloco

Registered
Reaction score
You guys are selling him short. I say we keep him, but if we must trade, two number ones is the going rate. That is the price that was set when Williams went to Dallas, and we all know that Q is better then Roy.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read Kent Somers' blog. He is usually very careful and reserved. This time he gives the full negotiation timeline and rips Boldin up. Says the team needs him gone. Don't apply my filter; go track it down and apply your own filter.

As to whether I care if Boldin comes back, I don't. If he wants to leave, it's better for all if he does. I've always felt that way about all players. No person who dislikes his or her job ever makes the workplace better, invariably making it worse than it should be.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bashing Q would be stupid he is top 10 WR in the NFL, he is getting closer to 30. He needs to get paid, here nor there I don't care, this is all about money. This is his last deal he needs to make it big. Unfortunately Q IMO falls under the RB law (After 30 you will wear down), Q isn't going to be out there at 38, he is already breaking down slowly, he needs to cash in, it's that simple.

Treesquid makes a good point. It understates the problem Q has created but correctly identifies the situation and motivation.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Read Kent Somers' blog. He is usually very careful and reserved. This time he gives the full negotiation timeline and rips Boldin up. Says the team needs him gone. Don't apply my filter; go track it down and apply your own filter.

As to whether I care if Boldin comes back, I don't. If he wants to leave, it's better for all if he does. I've always felt that way about all players. No person who dislikes his or her job ever makes the workplace better, invariably making it worse than it should be.

Good take, especially the last paragraph.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Q comments at the pro bowl...

said he would like to keep playing with the guys in the cards locker room, and loves the fans in arizona. But... specifically refused to comment on the front office.

Okay, so fire Rod Graves. Problem solved. :D

Fitz was then asked about q and he basically said that he doesn't want to think about playing without Q. Says that Q likes playing for the cards and he likes his family living in arizona.

THEN HE SAID...

(My words) as best as I can remember:

"... they (front office) just need to make an EFFORT to make it right with q."

Vibe I got from fitz was that he thinks q will be back.

TEAMPETE

Rookie
Reaction score
I sure hope this is a good sign for us my friends. I love Q and I know he makes our team so much better. I really do thinks he loves playing here and is just upset at the management. Everyone involved needs to forget about the past and start over from scratch. Lets give him his money and lets make some more runs at this thing. Q is the fastest at reaching a certain amount of yards and catches i believe. We need that guy people. Lets gert it together

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He needs to get his statements straight. I like how Tiki prodded him with direct questions and Q kind of stumbled. Clearly his beef is with the FO.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
He did say that he loves the guys he is playing with and he loves the FANS!!! The Fans love you Q!

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I definitely got the feeling that the door is still open for Q to come back.

Certainly in Q's mind.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
also...

did you see who was the first to celebrate with Fitz when he caught his first TD - yup, Q. These guys really do want to keep playing together. How could they not?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05