OFFICIAL Boldin Trade/Resign/Discussion thread

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The first thing any team will point out is over his career Q has missed over a season worth of games. In 5 years he has not played for a complete season. Durability is an issue.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I never like when a player bashes the organization or demands a trade. I've always been that way, Aeneas Williams was my favorite players until he said he wanted to be traded and wouldn't sign with the Cards...ditto with Larry Centers when we were forced to franchise him because he didn't want to be a Cardinal anymore. The team is more important to me than any individual player.

If Boldin does end up staying with the team great but the damage is done, I'll cheer for him because of the uniform he wears and because he can help our team win but he'll never be one of my favorite players.

I don't remember the Cards franchising Centers. Did you mean Kwamie Lassiter? I remember Centers being released because the Cards had overpaid him because he was such a fan favorite and considered the heart of the team and Arizona couldn't afford to continue at that level for a 3rd down type RB.

Been 10 years and multiple beers so I don't know for sure.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I guess as long as Larry and Whis are here, everything will be alright?

Haley and Edge are gone, Quan's got one foot out the door, Warner's riding the fence, JJ, Pope, Patrick and Spach are all free agents...Q's decision is going to be pivotal and if Warner leaves too, the offense is essentially blown up and starting over altogether. Not a rosey prospect IMO.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think what most people are missing here is....

No amount of a$$-kissing and money will give Q what he really wants.
A chance to be out of Fitz's shadow.

And yes, I'm well aware what Boldin says about Fitz publicly, but the longer he hangs around Rosenhaus, the more forked his tongue becomes.
We can trade him now, and set this team up for the future, or make him play out his contract while he craps on the organization every chance he gets.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
In 5 years he has not played for a complete season. Durability is an issue.
He's played in 16 games twice in his 6 year career and the last time was '06. I agree that durability is an issue but let's not undercut what he actually has done.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
And in other news, I believe the sky is blue.

Sorry to be a smartass Sportz.. However, the Eagles need a WR about as much as the economy needs a boost. Boldin's one of the best WR in the game. If that's not a natural match, I'm not sure what is.

I'd rather see Boldin go to Miami though...

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first thing any team will point out is over his career Q has missed over a season worth of games. In 5 years he has not played for a complete season. Durability is an issue.

What should be pointed out is that many people exxagerate Q's injury like you and have no clue what they are talking about. Over Q's career which is 6 nfl seasons he has missed 16 games. He ABSOLUTELY HAS played a complete season in 2 of those 6 seasons starting all 16 games in 2003 and 2006.

He has injury concerns that is true. But the good thing is that none of them have been career ending "MAJOR" type of injuries. They are more of the bumps and bruises and strains you get from playing his style of play. The only exception is his knee injury which he is 5 years removed from with no lingering effects.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Why is everyone so frustrated by trade ideas? Let people have a little hot-stove fun for crying out loud. Is there some really important Pro-Bowl recap that someone feels they're missing because of the trade threads that have been started? Lighten up a little.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is how they are going to be they can both go IMO. Both of these guys are not acting like leaders. Warner bitched and moaned about getting the starting job he got it and it's still not enough? I love Q as much as the next guy, but for KW to put this quasi demand on the Cards is stupid. You want a package deal KW? Fine Q to OAK for their first two picks then KW can go sign there. This is really starting to piss me off. You have guys like BB willing to restructure deals to stay and finish what he started and at the other spectrum you have Q who blasts this front office every chance he gets and a QB who has been threatening this team with retirements since week 4. Way to repay an organization after they took care of you and been loyal to you KW.

Here, this should cheer you up a bit.

http://www.earthisdoomed.com/

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don't remember the Cards franchising Centers. Did you mean Kwamie Lassiter? I remember Centers being released because the Cards had overpaid him because he was such a fan favorite and considered the heart of the team and Arizona couldn't afford to continue at that level for a 3rd down type RB.

Been 10 years and multiple beers so I don't know for sure.

I think you are right now that i think of it, he didn't get franchised...it just seemed he re-signed (3 yrs $7.5 million) with us begrudgingly because he didn't get all the offers he thought he was gonna get. I remember one of the local radio shows had him on and he kept talking about how he couldn't wait to leave, they had fans call in and almost beg him to stay.

Franchising Lassiter was stupid...what an overrated player that was.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Jurecki said on Fox 10 that there is no way Boldin resigns here.

He also stated that Q feels he was lied to; they actually did make him an offer last year for a new contract but with NO GUARANTEED MONEY. Q felt that was a slap on the face.

Then Whis tried to get involved (as a peacemaker) and Q took it was he was siding with mgmt.

Really ... Q needs to get over it. Everyone in this business lies and is lied to. Apparently they want to make him happy and grant his wish to be traded and not have a disgruntled Q for another 2 years.

If so, better be for a 1st round pick and players.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Really ... Q needs to get over it. Everyone in this business lies and is lied to. Apparently they want to make him happy and grant his wish to be traded and not have a disgruntled Q for another 2 years.
I agree that Q needs to get over it but not because everyone gets lied to. I'm still not sure that he was lied to. Does anyone know specifically what he was promised? I don't remember hearing anything about him countering what the Cardinals were offering. Did he? He may not have liked the offer and he may have thought it was insulting but the only thing I've heard is he told the team he'd rather wait and see what Larry got. That was his mistake, not the team's.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Boldin does end up staying with the team great but the damage is done, I'll cheer for him because of the uniform he wears and because he can help our team win but he'll never be one of my favorite players.

As Colin Cowherd stated this morning, ".. grow up. get a life." Or something like that.

He was referring to folks being "crushed," or "heartbroken" because A ROD is accused of testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. These are entertainers with human frailties just like the rest of us, so leave the idol worship at the door, is what pretty much what he meant.

He's my favorite card, but if he needs to go then he needs to go. I'm ready to just move forward one way or the other.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
OK we have a possibility here.

Lets have another SB run. Sign up Quan, Dansby and Warner and you still should have about 15M under the CAP to get things done further. Maybe more if they actually get innovative a little.

Get Gandy in. Re-do Wilson. Another Run here we come.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't think trading Boldin to the Eagles is good for the Cardinals at all. Boldin, Curtis, Jackson and Westbrook? No way the Cardinals want to see that happen.

In this trade scenario we get Curtis. I do agree that Boldin and Jackson make up a very scary WR combo but they have two aging OT's and McNabb (streaky) as the QB.

I also should come clean and say that the Eagles are the 2nd team I root for, I live near Philly. So if Boldin goes to the Eagles I can still root for him :)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
It isnt like Ried doesnt know anything about Boldin. This year was the second year he has coached Boldin in the Pro bowl.

Ried has gone to a lot of probowls having lost a lot of NFC Championship games.

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
Can the Eagles afford the salary Boldin will be asking for, along with the price tag McNabb has this coming year. Maybe McNabb gets traded and they go with Kolb. Very doubtful, but food for thought.

Le Tigre

Reaction score
Re: the Eagles...our FA to be (Houshmanzadeh) was in Philadelphia on a radio show last week. He was yukking around with the squawking heads, and gave the expected "I would love to be an Eagle" line. He also said the same thing about being a Bear in Chicago a day later...so take it for what it's worth.

Still...if the Eagles really want an upper-tier WR, they would only have to outbid others for TJ...and it wouldn't cost them any draft picks. Can't speak for what the 'Skins would do...as they are an anomoly in and of themselves.

Now...if you really want to trade Q...maybe I could interest you in a #85 on our roster?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05