OFFICIAL Boldin Trade/Resign/Discussion thread

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: the Eagles...our FA to be (Houshmanzadeh) was in Philadelphia on a radio show last week. He was yukking around with the squawking heads, and gave the expected "I would love to be an Eagle" line. He also said the same thing about being a Bear in Chicago a day later...so take it for what it's worth.

Still...if the Eagles really want an upper-tier WR, they would only have to outbid others for TJ...and it wouldn't cost them any draft picks. Can't speak for what the 'Skins would do...as they are an anomoly in and of themselves.

Now...if you really want to trade Q...maybe I could interest you in a #85 on our roster?

:moon:QUOTE]

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
As Colin Cowherd stated this morning, ".. grow up. get a life." Or something like that.

He was referring to folks being "crushed," or "heartbroken" because A ROD is accused of testing positive for performance enhancing drugs. These are entertainers with human frailties just like the rest of us, so leave the idol worship at the door, is what pretty much what he meant.

He's my favorite card, but if he needs to go then he needs to go. I'm ready to just move forward one way or the other.

I guess you miss my point, I am a Cardinal fan first and foremost, any member of that team who comes out in public and says he wants a trade or no longer wants to be part of that team loses luster im my estimation. I love the guys who want to be with this team heart and sould...if he comes back I have no doubt he'll leave everything on the field like he always has but he won't be one of my favorites.

As for the comparison to a cheater like A-Rod, you missed me there. Boldin's hardly crushed or broke my heart, he just gave me a clear picture that he is not a team first guy.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess you miss my point, I am a Cardinal fan first and foremost, any member of that team who comes out in public and says he wants a trade or no longer wants to be part of that team loses luster im my estimation. I love the guys who want to be with this team heart and sould...if he comes back I have no doubt he'll leave everything on the field like he always has but he won't be one of my favorites.

As for the comparison to a cheater like A-Rod, you missed me there. Boldin's hardly crushed or broke my heart, he just gave me a clear picture that he is not a team first guy.

If getting paid makes you not a team guy then you better just cross about every player on the team off your list including Dansby/Dockett/Wilson. Choosing to talk to the media is merely a tool one that all four of those players have used at some point. Q when playing and on that fiedl is all about the team. Thats really all that matters.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If getting paid makes you not a team guy then you better just cross about every player on the team off your list including Dansby/Dockett/Wilson. Choosing to talk to the media is merely a tool one that all four of those players have used at some point. Q when playing and on that fiedl is all about the team. Thats really all that matters.

Dansby, Dockett & Wilson never demanded a trade, in fact Wilson chose to stay here when he probably could have been made a better offer elsewhere. If you can find me quotes that say otherwise I'd like to see it. I know Dockett did his little hold out thing but I don't remember him saying much during it.

Its one thing to want more money, its entirely another to say you'd rather play for another team.

I fully expect Boldin to play his heart out for the Cardinals no matter what happens. Its not in his make up to dog it. I'll cheer for him just like any other player who helps us win.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
If getting paid makes you not a team guy then you better just cross about every player on the team off your list including Dansby/Dockett/Wilson. Choosing to talk to the media is merely a tool one that all four of those players have used at some point.

Come on now. There is a huge difference in the way that those three have talked to the media compared to the way Boldin has. It isnt even a comparison.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on now. There is a huge difference in the way that those three have talked to the media compared to the way Boldin has. It isnt even a comparison.

Never said it was the same. But they have used the media. They just didnt say they wouldnt resign. Do you really think a guy like Dockett wouldnt do the sam ething if he had a little more leverage? Im betting he would.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
From Urban's blog:

Uh, about Anquan -- scratch that

After watching Anquan Boldin talk at the Pro Bowl yesterday, it sounded like he wasn't quite as steadfast in his thoughts he didn't want to be in Arizona. Apparently, I was wrong, and Q was just doing it for the cameras. Because XTRA's Mike Jurecki, who said he talked to Boldin over the weekend, said Boldin instructed his agent to tell the Cards he would not sign any new contract (the Cards are expected to still make a new proposal) and that he wants to be traded.

I guess it really shouldn't be a shock. Agent Drew Rosenhaus was spotted outside the team's Tempe facility today so I would guess he relayed a handful of news to the team. Profootballtalk.com already reported the team was told Edgerrin James -- another Rosenhaus client -- was asking to be released ASAP. Oh, and Rosenhaus also represents Darnell Dockett, so I wouldn't be shocked if Darnell's contract status was brought up.

I guess Boldin was 'lying' when he said he might be back. The sooner Boldin is shipped out of here the better.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rumor- Boldin to Jags for Henderson and picks

Rumor from bigcatcountry(dot)com, I'd post alink but I cant, saying Boldin for DT John Henderson and picks.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not like it was clear with the "this has to be fake" thread title.

No worries wa52lz...

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Boldin Realization

I probably just realized what everyone else has realized before this season when it comes to Q. If we want to trade him, great, but if we don't, just offer him a good deal. If he doesn't accept, he's a moron because we will make him play out his contract, and have fun being a 31 year old bruising WR free agent. Let's see the big bucks you will make then.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I probably just realized what everyone else has realized before this season when it comes to Q. If we want to trade him, great, but if we don't, just offer him a good deal. If he doesn't accept, he's a moron because we will make him play out his contract, and have fun being a 31 year old bruising WR free agent. Let's see the big bucks you will make then.

That Aint gonna happen. Na-gon-happen! He signs or we trade.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for another Boldin thread.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
just a question. are you allowed to make trades right now? or is there a date when it starts?

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
ahhh the 27th. alright. I'll stop checking nfl.com every hour waiting for Boldin trade news then. lol

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade him!

Breaston has proven he can be successful without Boldin on the field.

We have too many other holes to fill to spend that much money on another WR.

The guy clearly doesn't want to be here.

I say the Cards tell Drew "We won't take anything less than a 1st and a 2nd". Have Drew go find a deal and do all of the dirty work. If he can't find a team willing to meet the Cardinals demands, then Boldin either plays for the Cardinals or Sits out the season and gets fined for every day he misses.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade him!

Breaston has proven he can be successful without Boldin on the field.

We have too many other holes to fill to spend that much money on another WR.

The guy clearly doesn't want to be here.

I say the Cards tell Drew "We won't take anything less than a 1st and a 2nd". Have Drew go find a deal and do all of the dirty work. If he can't find a team willing to meet the Cardinals demands, then Boldin either plays for the Cardinals or Sits out the season and gets fined for every day he misses.

Doucet is going to surprise a lot of people when he gets on the field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05