Rams at Cardinals gameday thread 9-15-24

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jerry Rice never got caught from behind, though. MHJ got caught...was lucky to fall over the goal line.
IMO, he didn't fall over the line. His "dive from five" was more than impressive. And while I'm not saying his speed is elite, I thought his 40 time was pretty good. At least, I don't remember anyone bringing it up as a Red Flag.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My concern about the game, and it brings me back to my youth, late fifties (college) and early sixties (Army). My favorite novelist was F. Scott Fitzgerald. Probably not related to Larry, though both were from Minneapolis-St. Paul. I remember a scene from one of his novels "This Side of Paradise". The main character and his sweetheart are riding in a horse and carriage through snow covered Central Park in NYC. Filled with emotion of the presence of his sweetheart and beauty of the Park, it was said that he cried because he realized that he would never be as happy, again.

And, being somewhat greedy, I want to be like young Oliver Twist in the play/movie "Oliver", who not satisfied with his portion of gruel and was way out of line when he returned to the breakfast line, and uttered the famous line, "More, Sir!!"

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
IMO, he didn't fall over the line. His "dive from five" was more than impressive. And while I'm not saying his speed is elite, I thought his 40 time was pretty good. At least, I don't remember anyone bringing it up as a Red Flag.
He never ran a 40. The only thing anyone has on him are Next Gen stats....that's it.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
If someone could @ me when this game gets replayed on NFL Network... I got waylaid by a bunch of angry Broncos fans who wanted the game on and sound on for their trash game so I missed almost everything. I need a new bar. Go Cards!
Get a phone app called Tunity. Point your phone at the game you want to hear in a sports bar. Once the station is set, you can listen to that game through Bluetooth.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cost me my fantasy game! I have Connor and my opponent had McBride. Lost by 7. :bang:

My opponent had Kyler, MHJ and McBride, I had Conner so yeah it hurt me too. I think I need 37 points from Drake London and Koo the kicker tonight to win

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game by the fellas! Really though MHJ was gonna get those 200 yards and three TDs !

Kyler looked awesome and I’m hopeful he can play close to this weekly!

This offense is gonna be a problem for teams no doubts about it! Super stoked to see the defense match that effort! Let’s hope the fellas stay focused and get after the Lions next week!
Well, MHJ was on pace for 12 catches and 500 yards at the end of the first quarter. :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The speed thing is still oddly confusing...he would have been caught and no TD if their were 5 more yards. With the angle he had, he should have run away from the defender. He's good, maybe will be great, but the speed is not elite and kinda lackluster, tbh.
Are we just ignoring that he had to slow down to catch the ball and that he wasn't running straight up field when he caught it? Straight line speed I would bet he is clearly faster than Curl, but he didn't get to just sprint in a straight line on that play.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Probably because you have a nasty habit of being wrong whether it’s a positive or negative post?

First thing you thought of after a big Cardinals win was me. That’s hilarious. Go frame my avi while you’re at it.

I mean, it wasn't, I was thinking how much of a tool you looked all the way through the game TBH.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This offense has an opportunity to be something special. McBride gives them a weapon that the Cards have not had since Novacek. I have always wondered why we have not used the tight end more. And Connor is a beast. No nonsense runner that just gets you that 4-5 yards when you need them. Then a mobile quarterback with a reasonably good arm. The o-line is the weak link, if those guys can be average then . . .

It is amazing how much of a difference a guy like Donald makes. This would have been a completely different game with Donald on that Rams d-line.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, it wasn't, I was thinking how much of a tool you looked all the way through the game TBH.
Ah, so you were even thinking of me while you were watching the game. I’m flattered. Really didn’t help your point there.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
My wife and I were in Scottsdale yesterday and I was only able to watch the 4th Q on TV (once we got back home), but this is a good sign at least. I'm not going to get too high on wins, nor too low on a loss, but the trend is going up.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If someone could @ me when this game gets replayed on NFL Network... I got waylaid by a bunch of angry Broncos fans who wanted the game on and sound on for their trash game so I missed almost everything. I need a new bar. Go Cards!
Or just go to any of the numerous sports books where you are, right? I am sure the game would have been on a screen.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
This offense has an opportunity to be something special. McBride gives them a weapon that the Cards have not had since Novacek. I have always wondered why we have not used the tight end more. And Connor is a beast. No nonsense runner that just gets you that 4-5 yards when you need them. Then a mobile quarterback with a reasonably good arm. The o-line is the weak link, if those guys can be average then . . .

It is amazing how much of a difference a guy like Donald makes. This would have been a completely different game with Donald on that Rams d-line.
I think losing their DC, Raheem Morris, to Atlanta has also hurt them. It isn't the same defense and it shows.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser