Royce O’Neal - 4 year $44m ext

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
So what will the rotation look like do you think?

Beal
Booker
Durant
Dunn
Nurkic

Allen
O'Neale
Plumlee
Lee

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what will the rotation look like do you think?

Beal
Booker
Durant
Dunn
Nurkic

Allen
O'Neale
Plumlee
Lee

I think you forgot Morris, but regardless, the depth is frightening. We need at least 2, probably 3 guys (Dunn, Lee, O'Neale, Bol, Okogie) to step up and prove they can be a meaningful rotation player.

I do hope that we don't run out Beal, Booker and Allen together as starters, defensively it's a disaster, IMO, Oneale, Dunn or a resigned Okogie need to start, someone needs to put pressure on primary ball handlers.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think you forgot Morris, but regardless, the depth is frightening. We need at least 2, probably 3 guys (Dunn, Lee, O'Neale, Bol, Okogie) to step up and prove they can be a meaningful rotation player.

I do hope that we don't run out Beal, Booker and Allen together as starters, defensively it's a disaster, IMO, Oneale, Dunn or a resigned Okogie need to start, someone needs to put pressure on primary ball handlers.

Agreed. Allen had a great year personally but the team suffered from having those three you mentioned as starters.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

I do agree that they should start Royce over Allen. They need a defender in the starting lineup.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it if Royce earns it. As of the end of the year, he hadn't.
I too think he started OK. He faded for us, especially in the playoffs. Could have been he just didn't match up well with who he had to play against in Minny.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to view some highlights of Morris. Thought it was a bench signing.

He is.

He has been a good backup point guard for a while, but I'd be really surprised if he started.

I hope we don't run out the same starting 5 from last year though. IMO, they need someone who can defend at a high level out there, even if they can't shoot. O'Neale, Okogie or Dunn. Beal or Allen come off the bench, probably Allen. I like Beal's tendency to try to play fast, especially given Booker and Durant's tendency to play very slow.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Morris has what no one else has on this team, a turn over stat that is almost zero. The articles I read on him, he averages about .5 turn overs per game. His assist to turn over ratio is very good. Even if he just sets up the second unit, it will help lower our turn overs per game as a team, which has recently been a number that determines if we win or lose games most nights.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
1 Beal, Morris (I prefer Beal pushing up the ball)
2 Book, Royce, Beal
3 Royce, Allen, Dunn
4 Durant, Bol, Dunn, Oso
5 Nurk, Pumlee, Oso

It feels like we have more options. More size, better back up pg. some depth. Let’s hope Coach Bud can make it click.

I’m hoping Oso or Dunn end up being good enough to play at the 4 for more D and rebounding so we’re not relying on that from Durrant. Or somehow trade for that 4.

Last edited:

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Deja vu for me. Getting mildly excited for bench players. Hope it comes down to coaching. That at least had to be changed. Not expecting championship aspirations from this team, but play with some heart. Please.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd