Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns need that one guy. A rotational 4/5 that can plug the middle. I don't think he is on the roster.
He isn't but who knows I guess in theory a trade that makes sense is possible, and we do have Royce, Grayson, Okogie, and Monte Morris as trade pieces.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It's probably happening and we're not seeing it, but really JO should just be practicing spot up catch and shoot 3s. Sprint to the corner, get his footwork right on the catch and let it fly. I can't imagine many scenarios where the Suns wished he took more dribble pull up 3s.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why people are so high on DLee. He just does not seem to be that good and he has had time to get there. Seems its time to move on.
I agree. I have seen nothing out of Lee to be honest that makes me think he will be part of the regular rotation. Dunn is already better than he is if he keeps this up. It's not that often I would prefer to give minutes to a rookie over a veteran.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He isn't but who knows I guess in theory a trade that makes sense is possible, and we do have Royce, Grayson, Okogie, and Monte Morris as trade pieces.

The Suns might have to attach draft picks in a trade unless Allen or O'Neal are in demand. I'm not sure whether there is a market for Okogie without it.

Phoenix was fortunate to get Monte Morris on a minimum contract, so I don't see him being traded.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are not keeping Frank Kaminsky. Admittedly, it is not a surprise.

We will miss you, Frank. Maybe you can yet find your way back later in the season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lonnie Walker IV can play. I wonder what the story is on him being waived. Perhaps a number's problem on the roster?

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
we're deeper now tho
I think it's more quality for sure around the 6, 7, and 8 spots. Some teams only play like 8 guys in the playoffs. So those spots are critical. I like the preseason vibe of the "bench" guys we have. Definitely not creating a big hole in score when they replace our starters like last year's squad. It's nice to have some solid defenders on that squad to keep the score close.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it's more quality for sure around the 6, 7, and 8 spots. Some teams only play like 8 guys in the playoffs. So those spots are critical. I like the preseason vibe of the "bench" guys we have. Definitely not creating a big hole in score when they replace our starters like last year's squad. It's nice to have some solid defenders on that squad to keep the score close.
Let the season begin!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Ideally we could eventually have a steady 9-10 rotation in the regular season if we’re trying limit big minutes for KD/Book.

Starters:
Tyus
Book
Dunn
KD
Nurk

Depth:
Morris
Allen
Beal
Oso/Bol
Plumlee/Oso

Oso being a credible swing F/C right away would be huge if KD/Nurk games.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ideally we could eventually have a steady 9-10 rotation in the regular season if we’re trying limit big minutes for KD/Book.

Starters:
Tyus
Book
Dunn
KD
Nurk

Depth:
Morris
Allen
Beal
Oso/Bol
Plumlee/Oso

Oso being a credible swing F/C right away would be huge if KD/Nurk games.
One of the signs I saw of the depth on Thursday, with the caveat of the Suns wanting to see more minutes for guys they were unsure about, was Bol Bol being pushed down entering the game later than normal. Last year he was one of our better bench guys. He still is. However, he would have been in on the first wave of substitutions. Now he's a little further down the rotation.

You have to get Monte Morris in. Last year Royce was almost a quasi-starter. Now he's a solid bench guy. Dunn is floating between starters and bench. Oso will get run. Grayson hasn't even played yet. If all goes REALLY well, we may even get Beal's minutes a trim. We didn't have a back up PG like Morris last year, so Beal HAD to play with the second unit.

We should not go down 10-20 points each game like last year when the subs dug holes, and then the starters had to mount heroic comeback games. Should be an easier season on all players.