Suns at Warriors ESPN and FSN AZ 7:00PM

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Man, Pietrus would look great in a Suns uniform.....

DO IT STEVE!! :)

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
marion of course. but then again once shaq mans the middle.. like someone else said, i think the warriors are going to shoot themselves out of the game because they wont be driving down the lane as much.

let us hope this is the case.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
We had Marion earlier in the year in GS, and we lost by a large margain.

This backcourt is just a nightmare for the Suns to deal with. To beat them, you have to beat them up inside, and not turn the ball over.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
no you didn't. you said all 3 of them shot 2/13 tonight lol. you also said they all shot 11/26 the previous game. not even in the same ballpark for tonight's stats. check my previous post, i took the liberty of bolding all of the stats you had incorrect. for someone trying to prove a point, you sure are rather ignorant to your own errors in evidence, eh?

That was the date of the games.....not their shooting.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
You know how people always said the Suns live and die by the three pointer? Well, for the Warriors it is actually true because they have no viable inside threat to turn to when the 3 ball isn't falling.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Great game, yeah Warriors...The west just keeps getting tighter. Difference between #1 seed and out of the playoffs is a mere 4 games...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
All I have to say is Ellis with that 30+ night is a fluke and the Warriors aren't a better team than the Suns. I don't care what anyone says, whoever picks the Warriors over the Suns is a complete botard (beyond ********).

Tough loss, but hey let's rebound tomorrow. We are still the #1 seed in the West.
Are you freaking kidding me? You know nothing about Ellis... It most certainly is NOT a fluke.

Ellis has 23 games this season when he has scored 20+ points, he has scored 30+ in 7 games and is quite often the team's 3rd option.

Dude is shooting 70% from the field over his past 8 games.

As for you comment about the W's not having the ability to beat the Suns in a series, you are sorely mistaken. In case you haven't noticed, there are only 4 games separating all the top teams in the west. (1-9 seed) Every team in the West is more than equiped to defeat the other in the playoffs.

Just ask Dallas from last season...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You know how people always said the Suns live and die by the three pointer? Well, for the Warriors it is actually true because they have no viable inside threat to turn to when the 3 ball isn't falling.

Tonight from 3pt range:

Suns 7-21
W's: 8-21

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I don't see Golden state winning more than 2 games in a best of 7.
As most of us SUNS fan's should know, unless you're shooting 65% per night, it's awfully tough to win while getting pounded on the boards.
We will be a better rebounding team than the WARRIORS with Shaq/Stat in there.
Warriors 32-20!

They are not a fluke team. They are good. Let's be realistic. Some of the bottom teams have really improved and the top teams have slipped somewhat. Hence the slim margins between the top ten team. Hence the desperation moves by the top teams to push for that last chance they have this and probably next year as they know other teams are going to get their pretty soon.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
And the margin of victory was ... ?
The implications are the W's cant win if 3's aren't falling, but 8/21 is not what I would consider "falling." I used the stats to show there was not vitually no difference in the stat in tonight's game. Pho/GS are more similar than they are different.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
No, it didn't but we were outshot 54% to 51% from the field & 38% to 33% from behind the arc & lost by 2 on the road.
If the SUNS come out & get their typical -9 per game rebound differential or wherever it is now we get blown out of the gym IMO.
Goes to show how important rebounding is in terms of giving yourself a chance when your getting outplayed offensively.
No question. Completely agree. The higher % was for a reason. We were bad defensively, inside and outside.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me? You know nothing about Ellis... It most certainly is NOT a fluke.

Ellis has 23 games this season when he has scored 20+ points, he has scored 30+ in 7 games and is quite often the team's 3rd option.

Dude is shooting 70% from the field over his past 8 games.

As for you comment about the W's not having the ability to beat the Suns in a series, you are sorely mistaken. In case you haven't noticed, there are only 4 games separating all the top teams in the west. (1-9 seed) Every team in the West is more than equiped to defeat the other in the playoffs.

Just ask Dallas from last season...
:thumbup:

Sigh... people are delusional... the west has changed and I would not call even an upset if the 8th team beats the 1st since the difference is not much in record and talent.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Has it slipped the minds of some here that we're still a key starter short?
(Good trade/bad trade/love marion/hate marion) regardless....the SUNS are still hanging tough & winning games while missing an All-star....be it Marion or Shaq. However you choose to look at it.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Tonight from 3pt range:

Suns 7-21
W's: 8-21

Wow we only attempted 21 three's? That's low for us but making those 8 were huge.

Anybody saying the Warriors and Ellis is a fluke, please continue, Warriors thrive being the underdogs. I dont think any Suns players think that way about the Warriors. West is tough and this isnt the same ol sorry Warriors everybody has known the last 13 years. We most likely wont win a title but we will be tough competition to anybody in the west.

Great game, Ellis was on fire from the start, it is a treat to see him blossom in front of our eyes. I just hope we dont get rid of him (Warriors have a long history with idiotic moves).

Pietris can go. If you guys want him go right ahead. I am tired of him and now we wants to leave, oh well bye. I wont forget those two miss FT's last year in game 2 against the Jazz to win the game. He looked good tonight defensively but he doesnt play like that every night, especially when he gets on his cold streak offensively. He can go imo

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
(Good trade/bad trade/love marion/hate marion) regardless....the SUNS are still hanging tough & winning games while missing an All-star....be it Marion or Shaq. However you choose to look at it.
Dallas is missing Harris. Sterns are missing Parker. Lakers are missing Bynum.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
The implications are the W's cant win if 3's aren't falling, but 8/21 is not what I would consider "falling." I used the stats to show there was not vitually no difference in the stat in tonight's game. Pho/GS are more similar than they are different.

OK, let me clarify: threes and jumpers.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Great game, Ellis was on fire from the start, it is a treat to see him blossom in front of our eyes. I just hope we dont get rid of him (Warriors have a long history with idiotic moves).
They are the Cards of Basketball and thats why I am a huge fan of both teams I guess...

If they let him walk, I will go ballistic(even more than when they screwed up the Arenas ordeal)...

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

we're winning games? really? remind me...what is our record since the trade?? oh yeah....

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
that was a pretty intense game....dang...and I was just starting my 3rd shift job and leaving the bigscreen to listen to it on the radio on the way to work.

Man.....my stomach is empty right now.....this is the second time this has happened and the second time the suns lost by a nail biter while listening to this on the radio, the other one was not too long ago against the Wizards.

Ellis was unstoppable...is he normally hitting shots like this against any other team other than Phx? It seems to me, some of the lesser stars play sooo much better when they play up against the Suns...and than when they play another team, they suck.
What the heck!?!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The implications are the W's cant win if 3's aren't falling, but 8/21 is not what I would consider "falling." I used the stats to show there was not vitually no difference in the stat in tonight's game.

I guess we have a different opinion of what constitutes "virtually no difference." If the Suns match the Warriors' 8-21, they win. They were 7-20 before Barbosa's attempt at the buzzer. He missed, so they finished at 7-21.

8-21 is 38%, which is on the high side. The Warriors shoot 35% on the season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05