Suns @ Milwaukee Game Thread

OP
OP
Z

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and i don't understand not being able to see that there is no hope for this team as long as they continue to be stuck in purgatory.

the idea that "we sign a couple FAs and get a steal in the draft" could equal us making noise next year just isn't even close to belonging in any realm of reality. we're a below average team... coming into FA where there aren't any major difference makers and you guys want to cripple us for the future by spending big in FA so we can go from below average to maybe slightly above average, but a complete and utter playoff pretender? that doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

I guess I just think saying "I hate this team" is a pretty lame ass thing for a Suns fan to be saying on this board.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess I just think saying "I hate this team" is a pretty lame ass thing for a Suns fan to be saying on this board.
Yeah, I can see fans hating the management or the ownership. They've given us plenty of reasons to. But the team itself (the players and the coaching staff) is trying really hard to make something out of this season. It is not their fault they have been put in this position. I can't imagine being a Suns fan and rooting for them to lose, even if it serves some greater purpose. Unless you really dislike the players. I'll just keep rooting for them to win, and if they do end up in the lottery, I'll root for them to win that too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and i think "I like seeing this team win games that ultimately do nothing but hurt us in the long run" is pretty lame as well... to each their own.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see fans hating the management or the ownership. They've given us plenty of reasons to. But the team itself (the players and the coaching staff) is trying really hard to make something out of this season. It is not their fault they have been put in this position.

I disagree. Nash doesn't have to be in this position. you may not fault him for wanting to be the man, even if that means he's the man on a bad team, but I do. again, to each their own.

I can't imagine being a Suns fan and rooting for them to lose, even if it serves some greater purpose.

and i can't imagine rooting for wins when you know the season is hopeless. it's cutting off the nose to spite your face IMO and i can't understand why anyone who actually knows what the end result would be (stuck in purgatory) could root for that end result on a nightly basis, which is what rooting for this team to win is at this point.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I disagree. Nash doesn't have to be in this position. you may not fault him for wanting to be the man, even if that means he's the man on a bad team, but I do. again, to each their own.
Then I guess we differ as to interpreting what Nash's motives are. You seem to believe that it is his choice to be here because he rather be the main star on a struggling team than a role player on a contender and thus he refuses to ask for a trade. I on the other hand believe that the reason he won't ask for a trade is because he strongly feels it is his contractual obligation to play and try to win games for this team as long as he is under contract or until he is told to pack his bags. I don't think he views it as a choice at all even if the team says they'll accommodate him if he wants out. And I don't fault him for that.
and i can't imagine rooting for wins when you know the season is hopeless. it's cutting off the nose to spite your face IMO and i can't understand why anyone who actually knows what the end result would be (stuck in purgatory) could root for that end result on a nightly basis, which is what rooting for this team to win is at this point.
I think it comes down to this, and I've said this before: obviously whether you root for them to win or lose does not affect the outcome of those games at all. So I root for them to win because I like the players and I sympathize with what they are trying to accomplish. They (the players) will gain absolutely nothing out of losing these games. If they do win, I feel good for the players even if I'm well aware that it probably doesn't mean much in the long run while possibly costing us a higher draft pick. If they lose, I feel better about our lottery chances although I feel bad for the players.

But clearly they are not going to start losing games on purpose, and this team currently is simply not bad enough to have a good shot at a top-3 pick. So rooting for them to lose is also a lost cause, since they will never lose enough games to contend with the likes of Charlotte, Washington and New Orleans.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake