The Arsenal FC thread

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Arsenal top of the table with a 2 point cushion. Nice to see, even if temporary. And I don't think they are playing all that spectacular. Premiere League seems to be experiencing a bit of a down year--as evidenced by ManU and Chelsea being awful.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Arsenal top of the table with a 2 point cushion. Nice to see, even if temporary. And I don't think they are playing all that spectacular. Premiere League seems to be experiencing a bit of a down year--as evidenced by ManU and Chelsea being awful.

Not sure it's a down year, just less dominant teams.

It's great to see 4 or 5 teams in with a sniff.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

When you let Newcastle boss you for most of the game, no, you aren't playing spectacular lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a 3-3 epic at Anfield. Liverpool is absolutely dreadful at corners. They would be in the top 4 right now if it weren't for their set piece defense.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In one of the most improbable upsets in sports history, Leicester City wins the Premiere League! They were 5000-to-1 at the beginning of the year. Pretty awesome.

Although a part of me hoped that Spurs would win the game to put more pressure on Arsenal to improve.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In one of the most improbable upsets in sports history, Leicester City wins the Premiere League! They were 5000-to-1 at the beginning of the year. Pretty awesome.

Although a part of me hoped that Spurs would win the game to put more pressure on Arsenal to improve.

Those were ridiculous odds. The Cleveland Browns are 200-1 to win the SB right now.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

It is awesome. So refreshing not to see one of the big 4-5 teams winning the title this year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Thank you, Arsenal, for beating Norwich at the weekend. But what was up with that 0-0 draw with Sunderland? :D

A great reason why Arsenal needs improvement.

For the love of God, Wenger, sign a big striker!!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
How the hell is arsenal in the FA final. I hope they beat Chelsea. Does wenger still get axed if they somehow lift the trophy?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kaiserslautern won the Bundesliga in 1998 in the same season they were promoted.

Holy crap, really? I was stationed not far from K-town in 1998. They probably won it just before or just after I got deployed to Bosnia the 2nd time. Then again, I was only following international soccer at this point, and a wee bit of the Premier League, so I'm not surprised I missed it.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Holy crap, really? I was stationed not far from K-town in 1998. They probably won it just before or just after I got deployed to Bosnia the 2nd time. Then again, I was only following international soccer at this point, and a wee bit of the Premier League, so I'm not surprised I missed it.
That would be unthinkable now for K-town to win the league. I was not aware of that either. Hard for me to put that in perspective now

Lorenzo

Reaction score
An interesting year will be culminated tonight with either Chelsea stamping their destiny or on the flip side arsenal somehow winning a trophy they don't truly deserve IMO. I dislike the current Chelsea team because of the way they posture themselves to play counter, but I have to give them credit for being professional every match. and they deserve this victory.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
looking good so far in the first half.
Arsenal 1
Chelsea 0

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I stand corrected. Arsenal get the well deserved win. Should of been a few more goals by them. But what a finish!