The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once he knocks off the rust, Murray will be a handful in Petzing’s offense.
I hope you're right! That tweet was from two years ago... he was a shadow of that guy from that point on in the 2021 season, and in 2022, and now he's recovering from a torn ACL and has to learn a new system. Fingers crossed!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope you're right! That tweet was from two years ago... he was a shadow of that guy from that point on in the 2021 season, and in 2022, and now he's recovering from a torn ACL and has to learn a new system. Fingers crossed!
He’ll be better than he’s ever been. The previous regime were a detriment and hindered his growth once teams figured out KK’s simplicity and inability to counter adjust. The only thing that can derail him now are more injuries, which in the NFL, is sadly always a possibility.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im starting to think Kliff had no clue what to do on offense once Hopkins was removed for a long period of time.

Many of us were calling for an adjustment to a Petzing style offense in terms of run action to help make things easier for the QB. Its on Kyler to be efficient. However, we've seen more adjustment without an elite WR than before.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
That would mean Kyler would be coming off the IR this week.
I don’t know who this dude is but I think he’s throwing darts.
PUP not ir. Difference being we have to activate immediately if we take him off ir but with the pup, they get a 3 week window where they don't count against the roster

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PUP not ir. Difference being we have to activate immediately if we take him off ir but with the pup, they get a 3 week window where they don't count against the roster
Okay, PUP. Point is this dude is claiming the target is week 8. If that’s the case he needs to come off the Pup pretty darn soon.
I think the guy reporting hasn’t got a clue.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would mean Kyler would be coming off the IR this week.
I don’t know who this dude is but I think he’s throwing darts.
That’s what I was thinking. If it’s week 8, he’s gonna need at least a couple weeks practice before so that either means he comes off the pup this week or next.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, PUP. Point is this dude is claiming the target is week 8. If that’s the case he needs to come off the Pup pretty darn soon.
I think the guy reporting hasn’t got a clue.
All depends on who he is "hearing" it from.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We'll probably see Kyler in week 12. When in his his own words he is "physically and MENTALLY able to return.".

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We'll probably see Kyler in week 12. When in his his own words he is "physically and MENTALLY able to return.".
Did Murray say that? I know Gannon and Monti did, for sure, but all I've heard Murray say is he wants to be back out there...and that's what his teammates say, as well.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Murray is not ready by week 9, I would shut him down. Doesn't one need like 7-8 games to evaluate Murray (or anyone) in this situation?
Absolutely NOT! 2023 is all about determining who from the previous regime is worth keeping. I’m a HUGE Murray fan, and I believe he’ll do well, but I still think it does apply to EVERYONE. Murray HAS to play in 2023, regardless of how many games he’s back for.