The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So we’re drafting a QB that hasn’t played in this system because Kyler hasn’t played in this system? Cmon stop overthinking the system thing. There’s 4 years of evidence and he is who he is.
Yes , he Is One of the most talented qb i have ever seen, with some flaws, and he played 4years under a system that has never been succesful

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

(I) like the week that he had and we’ve got to kind of see here, next couple days, see how tonight goes, how tomorrow goes, again, not rushing that,” Gannon told Arizona Sports’ Burns & Gambo. “Making sure that he feels good about going out there. Make sure he’s trending in the right direction.”

Certainly seems like a return sooner rather than later :shrug:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was just wondering - if we play him and he gets hurt:

We'd owe him a guaranteed $92 million, right? And can you then trade an injured player? :shrug:

I'm not sure where the $92m comes from. I think that was Lombardi on McAfee?

As far as I can see if he cannot pass a March physical it's only 2024 and 2025 that is guaranteed. $37m in 2024 (which is already unavoidable either way) and $30m in 2025.

All that would really get added is the $30m in 2025 and he should be traded by then anyway. So I don't think it's an issue.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there a rush to get him back now?

There are only 3 things of importance from here on. Draft position, developing the players we have for next year and Kyler coming back healthy, confident and staying that way to start next year. At this point everything is about being better next year.

The worst thing we could do is bring Kyler back before he is ready and watch him suffer a relapse. How many times have we seen a guy come back and do the other ACL or snap an achilles?

If that means we only get 5 games instead of 7 then that's fine by me.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The worst thing we could do is bring Kyler back before he is ready and watch him suffer a relapse. How many times have we seen a guy come back and do the other ACL or snap an achilles?

This

He needs to be 100% healthy before he comes back

With the Oline giving up pressure he needs some time to make his reads and not feel like he has to run immediately

Hopefully he learns how to move in the pocket to find his lanes and receivers

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This

He needs to be 100% healthy before he comes back

With the Oline giving up pressure he needs some time to make his reads and not feel like he has to run immediately

Hopefully he learns how to move in the pocket to find his lanes and receivers
I think back to the final Rams game his rookie year. He was dealing with a hamstring injury and even though the season was done he was talked into playing. Even though he threw a couple of picks it did seem as though he was forced to subtly move and just throw it.

This is the positive thread. So Im going to spin it that maybe the knee injury forces Kyler to add to his game.

Sorta like how Amare added a jumper to his game cause he couldnt rely on his athleticism full tilt anymore.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Stillers wouldn't be in on him. They are in on Pickett and won't back off that for a few years. It's how they roll.
Disagree - that’s a championship defense and wouldn’t be surprised if they go to Tribisky if they have a slide at some point. Fans were already calling for it this year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Disagree - that’s a championship defense and wouldn’t be surprised if they go to Tribisky if they have a slide at some point. Fans were already calling for it this year.
Trubisky? No way, lol.

I think yea Kyler would elevate them, but based on contract and their loyalty they'd stick with Pickett all day. Just how they operate.

Kenny Pickett is more likable Zach Wilson if we're being honest though.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hmmm.... things definitely seem to be heating up on this front.

just for the love of god make sure the knee is 103% before you get back out there K1.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trubisky? No way, lol.

I think yea Kyler would elevate them, but based on contract and their loyalty they'd stick with Pickett all day. Just how they operate.

Kenny Pickett is more likable Zach Wilson if we're being honest though.
You watching the same Pickett I am? And yes - Tribs outplayed him when Pickett was out the other week.. Pickett has shown very little. Confused by your comment?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
12 TDs vs 13 ints is what you’re defending.. nobody is being loyal to that. It’s very rare to see that bad of numbers in this era of football

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Fans, yes. The team, no. You have to understand, this is the same team that wouldn't get rid of Caneda because he still had a year left on his contract. They will spend money, if needed, but they tend to ride with bad decisions rather than spend money to jettison them. Pickett is cheap, young, and arguably still has potential. I can't possibly see them adding a big contract while they're still in on him. You have to look at it not from your viewpoint, or a fan's viewpoint, or even from a common sense viewpoint. You have to look at it through Rooney's lens. And I'm fairly certain the Stillers wouldn't even consider going down this path.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
*sigh* We're not defending anything. We're saying the Steelers won't do it. Get it?
No Stout.. you aren’t part of the Steelers brass no matter how snarky your comments are.. you or I do NOT know what they will do. What we do know is QBs don’t survive throwing 12tds and 13ints in this era.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there a rush to get him back now?

There are only 3 things of importance from here on. Draft position, developing the players we have for next year and Kyler coming back healthy, confident and staying that way to start next year. At this point everything is about being better next year.

Why would the team bring him back before they think he is ready?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Fans, yes. The team, no. You have to understand, this is the same team that wouldn't get rid of Caneda because he still had a year left on his contract. They will spend money, if needed, but they tend to ride with bad decisions rather than spend money to jettison them. Pickett is cheap, young, and arguably still has potential. I can't possibly see them adding a big contract while they're still in on him. You have to look at it not from your viewpoint, or a fan's viewpoint, or even from a common sense viewpoint. You have to look at it through Rooney's lens. And I'm fairly certain the Stillers wouldn't even consider going down this path.
The Rooneys are the competent version of the Bidwills. I agree they are notoriously cheap, and have probably missed out on a few Super Bowl berths because of it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmm.... things definitely seem to be heating up on this front.

just for the love of god make sure the knee is 103% before you get back out there K1.

I'm expecting his window to open this week but to take the full 3 weeks of the window before taking him off PUP.