The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is a group of 3 people on the board of 100s considered a contingent?
There’s more than 3. And considering how much that group posts compared to all the others, yeah. They dominate almost every conversation about Kyler.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said it and I'll say it again dammit! :)

Kyler freaking Murray is a transcendent talent! The best combination of accuracy, mobility, arm-strength, and competitiveness to ever emanate from the college ranks!

He is a once-in-a-generation talent!

The only reason we haven't seen him reach his full potential is because he got paired with Kliff freaking Kingsbury and Steve freaking Keim for his first four years as pro!
I may or may not have used that exact terminology, but yes, count me in. And proud to feel that way. I recall watching a Kyler special years back that examined his upbringing, how his father trained him very young, and how his parents emphasized education over sports. I remember his mother saying that unless he had A’s, there was no football that weekend. He was a super bright kid & he’s a super bright young man. Which makes me laugh when some insinuate that he’s somehow not able to read defenses, etc.

My only disclaimer has always been that injuries could always derail careers, especially in a violent sport like football. And it doesn’t matter how big you are, small you are, fast you are, slow you are. And even with his uncanny ability to pop slide to avoid hits, we all saw how a knee can give way without ever getting hit. All that being said, Murray is a special talent when you factor in his entire skill set. Until I see otherwise, I’m in the boat that blames KK more for this team not being consistently great with Murray at QB. People have blamed him for how this team slumped late in every season, but never forget, that even the great Mahomes couldn’t overcome 2nd half of season losses at TT under KK.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Agreed. Andre Wadsworth had that chance too
I don't see the connection...Wadsworth started 15 games as a rookie, and then 15 games total the rest of his career. Kyler has shown much more already.
. Doesn't mean that a player will become that guy.
True - but he has the potential to be the guy. I think most of Kyler's problems are in his head, and a lot of that was Kliff who never challenged him to be anything other than what he was his entire career.

The proof will be in the pudding though. Good Kyler is about as entertaining as any player in the NFL, and I'd be very happy if he was able to work through his struggles and live up to his potential.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I don't see the connection...Wadsworth started 15 games as a rookie, and then 15 games total the rest of his career. Kyler has shown much more already.
Wadsworth was viewed as a generational type talent, but never became that player because of injuries.
True - but he has the potential to be the guy. I think most of Kyler's problems are in his head, and a lot of that was Kliff who never challenged him to be anything other than what he was his entire career.
Agreed. Kyler is a pretty intense person and he needs someone who will challenge him
The proof will be in the pudding though. Good Kyler is about as entertaining as any player in the NFL, and I'd be very happy if he was able to work through his struggles and live up to his potential.
Agreed.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, everything is opinion. The only fact is that he's had those stats. You're absolutely certain of something, which is cool and all of us are at one time or another. Except you're trying to force it through as a given and insulting people who don't agree. Not a good way to make your point. And would you care to read back through the thread to see the rational, reasoned opinions presented before you got abrasive and devolved the conversation? Pretty easy to tell where the obnoxious started.

But, if you're interested in an actual discussion, we can re-engage in one.
Stout - I have a hard time believing you have a partner in life

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
So off the PUP list and then 21 days?

Is this correct?
Correct. Once he goes off the PUP list, he can practice again (i believe there are limitations on what he can do the first 2 weeks but I'm not completely sure) and won't count against the roster.

After the 3 weeks, we have 2 choices: activate him to the roster or put him on IR.