The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No Stout.. you aren’t part of the Steelers brass no matter how snarky your comments are.. you or I do NOT know what they will do. What we do know is QBs don’t survive throwing 12tds and 13ints in this era.
I'm not. I do hear a lot about the organization, however, being local. This gives me a perspective many on this board don't have. What actual knowledge do you bring that makes you so insultingly certain we just aren't seeing your reality?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would the team bring him back before they think he is ready?

Teams over optimistically rush players back all the time in a desperation for wins.

No need for us to do that. Some fans seem impatient to see him play but it would be silly.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He hasnt been away from Kliff Kingsbury for a sustained period of time either.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
But we were told he was a transcendent player. A player like that would excel despite a bad coach or bad system. Can't keep using the Kliff excuse.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rooneys are the competent version of the Bidwills. I agree they are notoriously cheap, and have probably missed out on a few Super Bowl berths because of it.
Let’s be honest here, the Steelers haven’t been a totally dominant team since the late 70’s when Noll was a legit stud HC. Regardless of the talent they had, both Cowher & Tomlin got outcoached badly by the better teams pretty much throughout their careers. They had a 1st ballot HOF QB, great running games, great WR’s, and stout defenses. They won 1 SB each, and both of them were gift wrapped by the zebras. Tomlin hasn’t won a playoff game since 2017 and they‘ve given up 36, 45, 48, and 42 points in their last 4 playoff losses. And when they did dominate in the 70’s, it was mainly because they were the first team that ushered in the beginning of the steroids era.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where the $92m comes from. I think that was Lombardi on McAfee?

As far as I can see if he cannot pass a March physical it's only 2024 and 2025 that is guaranteed. $37m in 2024 (which is already unavoidable either way) and $30m in 2025.

All that would really get added is the $30m in 2025 and he should be traded by then anyway. So I don't think it's an issue.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who has actually said this? You’ve been repeating this over the years, but never gave out a name.
The media when he was drafted and many of the people on this board who were pro-Kyler from day one. It's never been a question. It happened. Transcendent. Generational talent. Amazing in high school. He got all of the accolades. :)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not. I do hear a lot about the organization, however, being local. This gives me a perspective many on this board don't have. What actual knowledge do you bring that makes you so insultingly certain we just aren't seeing your reality?
Obnoxious as usual.. same ~5 people that bring all the noise on this bored, down vote any rational thinking. Never anyone else.. again - 12tds and 13ints don’t survive - that’s the only fact that has been posted. Everything else is just opinion

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The media when he was drafted and many of the people on this board who were pro-Kyler from day one. It's never been a question. It happened. Transcendent. Generational talent. Amazing in high school. He got all of the accolades. :)
If the “media” & “many of the people on this board” said it, then wouldn’t it be easy to name those people? Otherwise, you’re just doing it for the “ha haaaas” & “lol” which kind of has been obvious for a while.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Obnoxious as usual.. same ~5 people that bring all the noise on this bored, down vote any rational thinking. Never anyone else.. again - 12tds and 13ints don’t survive - that’s the only fact that has been posted. Everything else is just opinion
No, everything is opinion. The only fact is that he's had those stats. You're absolutely certain of something, which is cool and all of us are at one time or another. Except you're trying to force it through as a given and insulting people who don't agree. Not a good way to make your point. And would you care to read back through the thread to see the rational, reasoned opinions presented before you got abrasive and devolved the conversation? Pretty easy to tell where the obnoxious started.

But, if you're interested in an actual discussion, we can re-engage in one.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If the “media” & “many of the people on this board” said it, then wouldn’t it be easy to name those people? Otherwise, you’re just doing it for the “ha haaaas” & “lol” which kind of has been obvious for a while.
This is going to shock you so much that I'm going to put a spoiler warning on it.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASFN does have a search feature you're welcome to use. "Kyler" and "transcendent" brings up some posts by Crimson Warrior, Sooner Lou, Krang, etc. referencing the transcendent and generational talent accolades. Also, plenty of other posts by myself, Shane, TJ, cheesebeef, and others questioning the use of those terms.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASFN does have a search feature you're welcome to use. "Kyler" and "transcendent" brings up some posts by Crimson Warrior, Sooner Lou, Krang, etc. referencing the transcendent and generational talent accolades. Also, plenty of other posts by myself, Shane, TJ, cheesebeef, and others questioning the use of those terms.
It’s bizarre to me that someone who reads the board a ton doesn’t believe there’s a contingent of the board that have consistently tagged Kyler as generational/transcendent talent. That number has dwindled over the years from its largest group, but there’s still 4 or 5 members who consistently inject that argument into most discussions surrounding Kyler.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I said it and I'll say it again dammit! :)

Kyler freaking Murray is a transcendent talent! The best combination of accuracy, mobility, arm-strength, and competitiveness to ever emanate from the college ranks!

He is a once-in-a-generation talent!

The only reason we haven't seen him reach his full potential is because he got paired with Kliff freaking Kingsbury and Steve freaking Keim for his first four years as pro!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
It’s bizarre to me that someone who reads the board a ton doesn’t believe there’s a contingent of the board that have consistently tagged Kyler as generational/transcendent talent. That number has dwindled over the years from its largest group, but there’s still 4 or 5 members who consistently inject that argument into most discussions surrounding Kyler.
Who is this contingent? I know I said he had the potential to be.

Reaction score
Is a group of 3 people on the board of 100s considered a contingent?