The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thinking Cleveland is the game he comes back to start, but wouldn’t totally rule out the next home game against Baltimore.
Not sure starting him against Cleveland, the best defense in the league that’s playing defense at a historic pace, would be the best idea after not playing for nearly a year.
I initially thought it would be Atlanta because I agree with you that Cleveland may not be the ideal starting spot, especially on the road. And even though they’re at home, the Baltimore D isn’t exactly an ideal starting spot either.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I initially thought it would be Atlanta because I agree with you that Cleveland may not be the ideal starting spot, especially on the road. And even though they’re at home, the Baltimore D isn’t exactly an ideal starting spot either.
So… should we just hold off playing Kyler in any games against tough opponents? He’s supposed to be an MVP candidate level QB. If that’s the case, there’s no such thing as “ideal” if he’s healthy and ready to go. That’s just making him and the team look like cowards.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
So… should we just hold off playing Kyler in any games against tough opponents? He’s supposed to be an MVP candidate level QB. If that’s the case, there’s no such thing as “ideal” if he’s healthy and ready to go. That’s just making him and the team look like cowards.
its not about begin afraid -- its about preparation.

I would like to give him four full weeks practicing in a new offense. Given the in-season NFL practice schedule -- its only like 8 live practices over that time frame.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not about begin afraid -- its about preparation.

I would like to give him four full weeks practicing in a new offense. Given the in-season NFL practice schedule -- its only like 8 live practices over that time frame.
That’s more than Dobbs had coming into this team and people trashed him incessantly after that first week of play. He is nowhere near the talent level of KM. Are you implying he was treated unfairly after week 1 around here?

I mean Kyler has had the entire off season and mental reps of the playbook. He should have it memorized completely at this point. The mental prep should be on point now.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That’s more than Dobbs had coming into this team and people trashed him incessantly after that first week of play. He is nowhere near the talent level of KM. Are you implying he was treated unfairly after week 1 around here?

I mean Kyler has had the entire off season and mental reps of the playbook. He should have it memorized completely at this point. The mental prep should be on point now.
Yeah but Dobbs had a full training camp and offseason, at least his body and timing were sufficiently trained.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
so the argument here is: "Dobbs was thrown into the fire, so we should do the same with Murray"

Dobbs had a full training camp to prepare for playing NFL football, even if it wasnt in the Cards offense.

Kyler has been rehabbing and working on the side for the last 11 months.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
so the argument here is: "Dobbs was thrown into the fire, so we should do the same with Murray"

Dobbs had a full training camp to prepare for playing NFL football, even if it wasnt in the Cards offense.

I think Murray has some rust, but he was very involved in getting mental reps all off-season and reportedly talked with Petzing a lot.

He needs to get into game shape and get on the field.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree 100% that it should be Baltimore. I mistakenly thought you were saying that it wouldn’t be ideal to start him in the Cleveland game because of their D. It was someone else who made that point. My bad. I say start him as soon as the coaches feel he has the offense down. For me, that’s Baltimore.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree 100% that it should be Baltimore. I mistakenly thought you were saying that it wouldn’t be ideal to start him in the Cleveland game because of their D. It was someone else who made that point. My bad. I say start him as soon as the coaches feel he has the offense down. For me, that’s Baltimore.
Either start him vs Baltimore or sit him until Atlanta imo.

Cant let the Browns be his first game back. Could run the risk of him being seriously injured as he's trying to find his way.

Not that Baltimore's defense is a slouch. That front just isnt as nasty.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gotcha. I wouldn’t even mind if we did some QB Shuttle work in annd out with Dobbs against Baltimore just to lay ground work for his first full start the next week.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yahoo is projecting he starts against the Ravens.

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I like Dobbs. I think for what he is he has done mostly well.

But at the same time I don't think Kyler's timing can be worse than Dobbs. Obviously he won't play this week but I would not be surprised if next week he's taking first team reps and starts the game next week.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I like Dobbs. I think for what he is he has done mostly well.

But at the same time I don't think Kyler's timing can be worse than Dobbs. Obviously he won't play this week but I would not be surprised if next week he's taking first team reps and starts the game next week.
I like Dobbs holding a clipboard and starting 2-3 games max a year.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good Kyler is about as entertaining as any player in the NFL, and I'd be very happy if he was able to work through his struggles and live up to his potential.
I’m not a Kyler lover but when he is at his best it’s damn impressive.

I still think about that Rams game where he simply took them apart like a surgeon. It was a work of art…

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i am guessing Home vs Falcons in week 9

thats 8 games this season, 5 of which are on grass. Four full weeks of practice prior to being in a game. 10.5 months post surgery.

8 games is plenty to get a read on him -- and there is no point in rushing him back at 1-5.
Did he tear his ACL on grass at home?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22