The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Ditch Dobbs go with Tune. After this year I never want to see him again…
Imagine thinking this after seeing Dobbs beat the Cowboys.

Tune hasn't done squat and wasn't even that impressive against future Bitcoin salesmen. It's the height of cognitive dissonance to assume Tune could come in and play any better when we have no evidence of it. And I like Tune, but the smarter play is to keep the guy who played relatively well at times over a guy with no experience.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Tune hasn't done squat and wasn't even that impressive against future Bitcoin salesmen. It's the height of cognitive dissonance to assume Tune could come in and play any better when we have no evidence of it. And I like Tune, but the smarter play is to keep the guy who played relatively well at times over a guy with no experience.
Heavy duty statement. Until Tune is given a chance your thoughts are not supported by facts. So your opinion is just that.

I would say we would have only 1 win at this point regardless of Tune starting.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Heavy duty statement. Until Tune is given a chance your thoughts are not supported by facts. So your opinion is just that.

I think the facts are Tune has been given a chance ever day in practice for months. If the coaches thought he was better, he'd be playing.

Look at the Browns...DTR isn't playing for Watson...they brought in Walker. People on this board clamored that the Browns actually thought DTR was better than Dobbs and that's why they traded him to Arizona.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

LOL'd at this.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
No your position is based on NOTHING, my position is based on observed facts. Crap in one hand and wish in the other. Tune had like a 79 QB Rating against the turds of the NFL. Dobbs has posted over 100 QB Rating in multiple games.

So I have observed Tune play and it wasn't that impressive.
Overall, Dobbs or Tune are really just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Neither would change the W/L, but Dobbs will actually give you a chance to evaluate other players while Tune is likely a turnover machine.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Honestly, it is tough to give a crap about Tune. He couldn't beat out Dobbs for the starting job with an entire TC head start. I don't hold that against him, but it also makes me think he isn't worth worrying about at this point.
Do you think Tune would get claimed by another team, if he ends up being the odd man out when Murray is activated? They may consider carrying three active quarterbacks, but that hasn't been the norm lately.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a few folks mentioned taking a few extra weeks to make sure he's healthy. At this point of recovery, 2 weeks has zero impact on the knee this far out. Its really about the mental peice along with being in football shape.

Granted, there is always risk to the other parts of the legs if rehab was poor. For instance, he could be more prone to hamstring or calf injuries early on. I doubt Kyler's medical team would overlook that part and has to be world class.

My biggest concern is the other knee if he shows a favoritism to it. People who come back in 12 months or less have a 20% chance of tearing their ACL, with 55% of those 20% tearing the other knee.

Again, 2 weeks isn't going to make a difference in any a lot of this. Football shape and mental confidence is the big factor in that time and honesty, getting in the field will speed that mental part up.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Actually, until Tune is given a chance, Krang's thoughts are ABSOLUTELY supported by the EXISTING facts.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Aw dude come on...we all know what happens when you go to a game.
I’m just trying to help the draft status.

Actually during the SB run, I went to Carolina and NFC championship game but not the Super Bowl.

Biggest mistake of my life. Still get mad about it that I didn’t go.
Had a free flight and a free place to stay and didn’t go.

Complete F’ing moron that I didn’t go. Still don’t know why.

Getting upset right now. I’m an idiot.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Actually during the SB run, I went to Carolina and NFC championship game but not the Super Bowl.

Dude! You were in a streak...in the playoffs!!! You can't break that!

Football gods, " This guy is loyal as he'll. So screw it! From now on the Cardinals will win every game he attends! So be it!"

Misses Super Bowl.....

"Well damn... try to help some people out... fuggit then,..."

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No your position is based on NOTHING, my position is based on observed facts. Crap in one hand and wish in the other. Tune had like a 79 QB Rating against the turds of the NFL. Dobbs has posted over 100 QB Rating in multiple games.

So I have observed Tune play and it wasn't that impressive.

Overall, Dobbs or Tune are really just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Neither would change the W/L, but Dobbs will actually give you a chance to evaluate other players while Tune is likely a turnover machine.
we agree on the deck chair rearranging

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Despite the loss, it was still the second greatest sports event I’ve ever attended and a weekend full of memories that will live lovingly in my head forever.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Actually, until Tune is given a chance, Krang's thoughts are ABSOLUTELY supported by the EXISTING facts.
my position is simple. Until Tune is given a chance in a real game it‘s pure speculation as to what the facts are for a valid fact to fact comparison. Dobbs has a body of work but Tune does not. Tune has not been afforded a normal game plan week for a regular season game. Until then it’s opinion how he would perform.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
It's quite simple.

One has played with good and bad results

The other has not, and the only visual evidence we have do not support that he would be any better.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
my position is simple. Until Tune is given a chance in a real game it‘s pure speculation as to what the facts are for a valid fact to fact comparison.
It's not speculation when we at least have the preseason games where he objectively kind of sucked.
Dobbs has a body of work but Tune does not. Tune has not been afforded a normal game plan week for a regular season game. Until then it’s opinion how he would perform.
It's an opinion based on objective facts, that's the difference. It is pure Hopium that Tune would be better. We have zero indication that he would be.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
my position is simple. Until Tune is given a chance in a real game it‘s pure speculation as to what the facts are for a valid fact to fact comparison. Dobbs has a body of work but Tune does not. Tune has not been afforded a normal game plan week for a regular season game. Until then it’s opinion how he would perform.

In other words, no facts support your earlier assertion, but there could be.

Ergo, you offered an opinion unsupported by fact.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22