Thomas NOT returning

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd throw the entire MLE at Wilcox, just as I would have TT and here's why - you'r enot going to get anything worth squat splitting MOST of the MLE. Harpring ain't signing for 2 million unless it's for a team with a TRUE shot of winning a title - not a team dependent on micro-man. We're anything but assured of anything at this point with Aamre and wish Nash and KT a year older.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:
I also agree with you. James Jones was hardly worthless in the playoffs. Yes, he couldn't hit a shot to save his life, but he did everything else well, and did a lot of the small things that helps to win games. Can't really ask anything more from your 3rd-4th guy off the bench, and if he can regain his shooting confidence when it matters in next year's playoffs he could very well fill the role that Tim Thomas had for us.

you have select rose-colored glasses . . . not only could he not hit a shot, which is his MAIN and PRIMARY value, but as the playoffs progressed he also became a turnover machine. his play was flat out awful. depending on him is plain stupid. would i give him away? no, b/c i think he MIGHT develop. but depending on him is, as i have already said, STUPID.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I'd throw the entire MLE at Wilcox, just as I would have TT and here's why - you'r enot going to get anything worth squat splitting MOST of the MLE. Harpring ain't signing for 2 million unless it's for a team with a TRUE shot of winning a title - not a team dependent on micro-man. We're anything but assured of anything at this point with Aamre and wish Nash and KT a year older.

Supposedly he's interested in playing for the Suns so if we were going to use the full MLE on one player I wouldn't mind it being him. However there is still the problem that remains of a backup PG...

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
Ok heres the deal YAHOO YAHOO YAHOO Im so glad TT didnt resign. I think he played HELLA GREAT for us but I hated his ole defense and on again off again play.
I thank him for his time here but theres bigger and better fish to fry. You guys remember this the Suns just play run and gun. TT was only good from the top of the arc not the side. We need better sid arc shooters anyways.

I was mad at the draft and possibly vented a little too hard but this blunder does justify what I was saying. Draft them first and then see if salaries are a problem. Anyways I hope this wakes up the Suns but I doubt they will go over the benchmark of 63.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
1. Chris Wilcox is restricted.

2. Chris Wilcox will want more than the MLE.

3. Someone will give him more than the MLE.

4. Seattle will match anything reasonable.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
But we weren't getting both no matter the spin. Jackson was NOT signing for the minimum.

Some of the outrage here is justified but a lot of it is people using their imaginations saying we were getting players that we can't.

no, it's people using their ears listening to what the org is telling them. did they flat out SAY that we were getting tim and bjax? no. did they imply that as the reason (at least partially) for getting rid of the picks? yes.

same as last year. told us they were trading picks to free up money to sign jj. did it happen? nope. *******.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
overseascardfan said:
First off we took a huge gamble on TT when we should have taken a big Josh Boone and a PG Sergio Rodriguez but we didn't. Now we have few options if we have 9 mil like were suppose to have we could go after a big FA like Jared Jefferies or Chris Wilcox who is said to have a high interest in PHX or 2 smaller FA like Pryzbilla and someone like BJ or Lindsay for 1 year and keep all draft picks next year and take a 3, 5, and 1. According to SI's 2007 mock they have the Hawks pick at 4 and us using it to take Durant. If the BOS pick is 11 we should take Aaron Gray or Roy Hibbert and a PG like Mario Chalmers with our own pick.

gray and hibbert would be TERRIBLE picks for the dantoni system. they wouldn't make it a 1/4 of the court before the rest of the team was jacking up shots. and mind you, i'm a hoya alum, so i love hibbert, but he couldn't play for dantoni if his life and all of his family's lives depended on it.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I'd say... and I NEVER thought I'd say this nonsense... thank God we have the Cardinals who actually spend money! TRAINING CAMP'S ONLY WEEKS AGAO... IT'S TIME TO SEE RED! :)

We've got to see if we actually spend all of the MLE and what we get. Losing TT hurts right now, but if they can somehow get a decent backup PG and another frontcourt player who can shoot the three, all is not lost (although, getting BOTH of those guys seems to be HIGHLY unlikley).

The only decent PGs available are Speedy Claxton and Brevin Knight. We won't get either and the rest is old as dirt and/or injury prone. Our best bet would be Jay Williams.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
no, it's people using their ears listening to what the org is telling them. did they flat out SAY that we were getting tim and bjax? no. did they imply that as the reason (at least partially) for getting rid of the picks? yes.

same as last year. told us they were trading picks to free up money to sign jj. did it happen? nope. *******.

Huh??

We have the MLE, people are acting like we're $9 million under the cap. If we spent the entire MLE on one player then we couldn't get help at another position unless they signed for the vet min (doubtful).

There were several insiders that siad the Suns didn't like players there at 21 and 27. This wasn't just what the team was saying in front of the camera.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Glad to see TT sign somewhere else. I have to be honest, I was very nervous about the Suns making a big committment to a "bench" player.

Many have already said this, but it is worth repeating. We have a Two time MVP on our roster, two more All-Stars, one of the best backcourt defenders in the game, the quickest guard in the NBA, and another combo forward/guard/center with court vision that you can't teach. We already have a great team... and I didn't even mention KT. We just need a few scrubs to give us some minutes during the season. I couldn't care less if we only win 50 games - ITS ALL ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS NOW.

I am going to make a prediction right now, TT tanks in LA.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
In my opinion Harpring would be better than TT. Look at their stats. Harprings were very close to TT, maybe a little better. His stats will definetly improve with an offense with Nash. He could play SF and either him or JJ can play SG, like some of you say we need. How much is the MLE? 5 mil? Harpring could sign for 3-4 mil and Hunter could sign for cheap. He is old but it's good to have some experienced vets on the team and the Suns can rely on him backing up Nash for a while. He won't have to get a big amount of minutes either if Amare plays well.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:
Glad to see TT sign somewhere else. I have to be honest, I was very nervous about the Suns making a big committment to a "bench" player.

Many have already said this, but it is worth repeating. We have a Two time MVP on our roster, two more All-Stars, one of the best backcourt defenders in the game, the quickest guard in the NBA, and another combo forward/guard/center with court vision that you can't teach. We already have a great team... and I didn't even mention KT. We just need a few scrubs to give us some minutes during the season. I couldn't care less if we only win 50 games - ITS ALL ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS NOW.

I am going to make a prediction right now, TT tanks in LA.

We have no center at all.

We have no backup PG.

We have no backup SG.

We have no backup SF.

Matt Harpring is done.

Nasser22

Reaction score
slinslin said:
We have no center at all.

We have no backup PG.

We have no backup SG.

We have no backup SF.

Matt Harpring is done.

Kurt Thomas did an excelent job this year at center. And in D'Antoni's offense Diaw did it too and was a match-up problem for teams.

Oh well, if we get a vet like Hunter and Amare does well we will be fine.

James Jones/Matt Harpring, both did well, neither are done.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
Just in Cassell heard that TT signed and has pulled out of talks and has set up a meeting with the Lakers now. Seems him and TT exchanged too many words in the playoffs for him to feel comfortable..

Nasser22

Reaction score
slinslin said:
30 years old and how many knee surgeries now?
He played well last year, he isn't done. For 1 year he can do a good job for us. He's had knee surgeries but he doesen't rely on dunking over people like...you know who.

OP
OP
cepstrum

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
slinslin said:
30 years old and how many knee surgeries now?

The harping is done stuff is being blown out of proportion a little. He played 78 games two seasons ago and 71 last season. Thats not bad.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
MastersofCombat said:
Just in Cassell heard that TT signed and has pulled out of talks and has set up a meeting with the Lakers now. Seems him and TT exchanged too many words in the playoffs for him to feel comfortable..

The Lakers can't sign Cassell and Radmanovic unless one takes the minimum.

reader

Veteran
Reaction score
MastersofCombat said:

Um, wow.

So the Clippers got TT, perhaps, at the expense of Sam?

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MastersofCombat said:
Source?

sunsfn

Reaction score
MastersofCombat said:

That is a bunch of baloney!!!

They happen to be friends off the field from their playing time together in Milwaukee! They were jostling all during the series and it was all in fun.

If Cassell backs out of the Clips and talks to the Lakers it is because of the offer, not because of TT. Geeeez, some of you guys are so far off on what you think is happening and to write that is just plain wrong, it is not true at all and now you probably have some people believing it because you wrote it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05