We're getting love from Dan Patrick

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
What teams are interested? Edge is the boss, but, those teams don’t want me to reveal who’s interested.

What teams are you interested in? We’re interested in Dolphins, TB, Cards, 49’s. Potentially interested in Bears, Houston, Cleveland. These team would benefit greatly from having Edge. Have had teams inquire but can’t reveal who. Thinks trade will happen before the draft.

What are the Colts looking to get? No longer insistent on 1st round draft choice. Less than what was involved for Portis, Santana Moss. Colts want to treat Edge fairly. Don’t want to hold them up.

What kind of money are you looking for? Similar to the 50 million Portis deal and LT’s deal. That’s where they’d like to be.

He said he’s sorry he had to be so elusive but didn’t want to burn any bridges with the teams that have inquired.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Syracusecards said:
What kind of money are you looking for? Similar to the 50 million Portis deal and LT’s deal. That’s where they’d like to be.

My response to this would be :wave: Edge!

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Cardinal Bob said:

Wow. That is silly. Of all the backs in the league, only LT is better than Edge, so why wouldn't he deserve that kind of a contract? Edge is well worth that contract not only because of his on-field performance, but because of the money he would generate at the gate. Why isn't he entitled to his piece of the pie? If his signing DIRECTLY resulted in a significant increase in profits to the Cards organization, which it would, why isn't he entitled to it? Is it ok by you for the owners to reap an obscene profit margin off of the backs of the players?

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cardinal Bob said:

I agree with your response. No way I cough up those kind of dollars for someone with his injury history. Our luck he would tear his ACL first game and we would be capstrung.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Cardinal Bob said:

I agree, let someother team pay him 50 million. Even if we didn't have to trade a pick, I wouldn't want the guy he is all about the money and care less who he plays for or if they win or not. That contract would also kill our chances to win anything, and get Boldin signed. That was the worse interview ever, I really don't see anyone trading for the guy this year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Trading for Edge would destroy our cap. Next year or after, we would be
cutting players to stay under the cap. Let him ride to another team and sign
(Henry) or trade for Bennett. Fits the team better.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
DieHardFromMO said:
No way I cough up those kind of dollars for someone with his injury history. Our luck he would tear his ACL first game and we would be capstrung.
wait its ok for us to sign Quan to a big contract with his injury history but not ok to sign James? Like I said with the new revenue stream coming in from next years opening with the stadium why not do it?

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
Wow. That is silly. Of all the backs in the league, only LT is better than Edge, so why wouldn't he deserve that kind of a contract? Edge is well worth that contract not only because of his on-field performance, but because of the money he would generate at the gate. Why isn't he entitled to his piece of the pie? If his signing DIRECTLY resulted in a significant increase in profits to the Cards organization, which it would, why isn't he entitled to it? Is it ok by you for the owners to reap an obscene profit margin off of the backs of the players?

I have nothing against Edge getting this kind of cash. But I certainly wouldn't pay him that much...and I hope the Cards aren't foolhardy enough to pay him that much either. If some other team wants to enter cap hell by giving him a $50 million contract, boo-koo for them!

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I don't see how he's going to be anywhere but with the Colts this year. No one has that kind of cap space to sign him to a deal like Portis got. We'd have to cut half our team to clear that much room. Not that I don't think he deserves that much, I just don't see it happening this year. Especially with the amount of good cheap rb's in the draft. He has no leverage.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Anyone catch his comment at the beginning of the interview. Dan Patrick said I am in Sunny AZ beutiful weather and such. Edge replied I got you beat Im in Florida.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Too much money?

For all the belly aching this board, most Cardinal Fans, and the media have thrown at the organization for not spending money...I can't understand anyone..and I mean ANYONE who would not want a guy like Edgerrin James on our team.

50m? Big freaking deal! You have to take risks and 50m is a considerable investment but well worth it.

I am sick and tired of the Cardinals being losers. I don't want anymore wait until next years or be patient we are getting better!

EITHER YOU WANT TO WIN OR YOU DON'T. THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD NOT SUPPORT JAMES COMING HERE FOR 50M DON'T WANT TO WIN!

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Too much money?

For all the belly aching this board, most Cardinal Fans, and the media have thrown at the organization for not spending money...I can't understand anyone..and I mean ANYONE who would not want a guy like Edgerrin James on our team.

50m? Big freaking deal! You have to take risks and 50m is a considerable investment but well worth it.

I am sick and tired of the Cardinals being losers. I don't want anymore wait until next years or be patient we are getting better!

EITHER YOU WANT TO WIN OR YOU DON'T. THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD NOT SUPPORT JAMES COMING HERE FOR 50M DON'T WANT TO WIN!

HE'S NOT WORTH IT!!! He's not a young back anymore. He hasn't been the explosive back that gained 1700 yrds in a long time. His potential is limited, he can only get worse, not better.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Too much money?

I'm tired of being a laughing stock too. Every fan wants to win.

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
Anyone catch his comment at the beginning of the interview. Dan Patrick said I am in Sunny AZ beutiful weather and such. Edge replied I got you beat Im in Florida.

Yeah, he lives there in the offseason. I wouldn't make too much out of that.

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Too much money?

I'm all for it if we can swing it. I just don't know what we'd have to do to be able to get enough cap room. Thoughts?

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Too much money?

I want to win also, but I want to be able to keep the young players we have. Not be in salary cap hell in 2 years, and have to cut Boldin, Berry, Wilson, Fitz, and so on.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
I want to win also, but I want to be able to keep the young players we have. Not be in salary cap hell in 2 years, and have to cut Boldin, Berry, Wilson, Fitz, and so on.

Exactly.

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Sports bash - Pasquarelli talking about Edge. Saying that teams aren't going to pay 7 to 8 million for a high risk position. One knee injury and he's not the same player he was, so teams are leary about that.

What are the odds he's on another team? Len thinks more than 50%. Last week he would have said 0%.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:

No, then you cut James (if he's been a bust) or renegotiate and extend a few deals.

archicard

Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Too much money?

Great point, because both Portis and LT carried their teams into the superbowl last year...well worth the money!

I don't post often, but this concept is severely flawed.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:

Would you take a trip to the SB if it put us in cap hell? I would, and so would the Titans. They're paying for it now, but they got there. Would you take a SB victory if it put us in cap hell? I would, and so did the Ravens, who won a SB but then had to deal with a year of cap hell. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Add Edge, and the SB is a VERY real possibility this year, and an even better possibility the following season.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
No, then you cut James (if he's been a bust) or renegotiate and extend a few deals.
He probaly wants a 25 million dollar signing bonus, Do you relize the cap hit for cutting him in 2 years. It would just screw us more.

Last edited: