Why Carolina will win. Period.

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
You panther fans have probably seen the stat about Warner's record inside and outside, so that is yet another factor in your favor.

With that said, we might be the better team on paper, and I predict this is the game we put it all together. We'll be healthier this week than we've been all year.

Cards use an unspectacular but steady rushing attack to help Warner and Co. move the chains on, long, frustrating, clock-eating drives. We win like we did against SF and MIA, by keeping your offense off the field, and taking the air out of the CAR crowd.

Delahommey will be chucking it into the endzone on the final plays, but this time to no avail.

Cards shake up the world, 21-14.
half the teams we have beaten were better teams on paper so that isn't saying much. paper means very little. it's what happens on the field that matters. comparing us to miami and san fran...please do that. i hope your coordinators do that as well (though i doubt very seriously they would be folish enough to do that).

you might have to wait another week before you bring it all togother.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
First of all, thanks to the Cards for kicking the crap out of the Cowgirls!!

I don’t share the cockiness of this thread’s originator. IMO, fans that go to boards of opposing teams crowing about how their team is going to win “PERIOD” hasn’t watched much NFL football this year. The NFL has become too volatile and competitive to feel confident until a game reaches 00.00.

I think the Cardinals present a HUGE challenge for the Panthers and I’m looking forward to seeing how my Panthers respond after an impressive win against the Saints. Many Panthers fans have agreed that we’ll know a lot more about our own team following the stretch of games against the Bucs, Saints and Cardinals. As it turns out, your game is sort of like a “swing state”.

I think the key for the Panthers is getting pressure on Warner on defense and limiting the pressure on Jake. The Panthers need to hit, or at least pressure, Kurt a couple of times early to let him start thinking about the pressure.

ST’s will also be critical. Our ST’s are far from SPECIAL except for our kickers. The Panthers must avoid ST’s lapses.

You have outstanding WR’s but they’ll take hits and they had better hold on to the ball because the Panthers’ LB’s and S’s are very good at forcing turnovers.

Another key, if you’re a Cards fan, is watching whether Peppers comes to play Sunday. If he’s motivated and involved in the game early, Warner’s day could be a long one. The rest of the DL seems to feed off of Pep’s enthusiasm.

Last of all, I think the outcome of this game will also depend on the philosophy of our defensive coaches. If our defensive coaches abandon the aggressiveness they showed last week against the Saints, you have a very good chance of winning. I was concerned about Brees and I’m just as concerned, if not more, about Warner. In order to win, the Panthers MUST make Kurt feel uncomfortable.

Solid post and commentary... However, we've won 15 road games since 2000! Scared yet?? :bang:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
baby talk compared with some other opposing fans we've dealt with.
I was just joking anyhow. You guys are alright.

I've got "it's always sunny in philadelphia" on the brain and now I have to stop myself from addressing friend and foe alike as *******.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
My first thought was EIGHT PAGES!!!!!

Then I read the first post. I guess some Panther fans stopped by for a visit. LOL

Hope your putting up a good battle boys.

It will be a tough game I will give you that.
:newcards:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dj hackett won't be back for this game. won't matter, though....dwayne jarret will do well enough. he catches anything thrown his way and he isn't always getting hurt. if smitty and moose weren't dealing with the horrible coverage the saints threw at them jarrett would have had more targets.

i have no concerns over the oline. it wil be good to have kalil and otah back but the oline depth has done a very good job. only 1 sack in 4 games and we stopped the false start problem. oline is solid with or without the starters.

Jarrett? you almost forget he's in the NFL he's been so quiet, 11 catches in his career, 4 this year. So far he looks a lot like Mike Williams, dominant college player at USC, not so good in the NFL. He has talent and he's a big target but if you say he catches everything thrown his way that means they've only thrown his way 4 times in 7 games?

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I was just joking anyhow. You guys are alright.

I've got "it's always sunny in philadelphia" on the brain and now I have to stop myself from addressing friend and foe alike as *******.

Ahhh my guilty pleasure. That and "The Office" are some of my only non sports related TV watching.....

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
Jarrett? you almost forget he's in the NFL he's been so quiet, 11 catches in his career, 4 this year. So far he looks a lot like Mike Williams, dominant college player at USC, not so good in the NFL. He has talent and he's a big target but if you say he catches everything thrown his way that means they've only thrown his way 4 times in 7 games?
he hasn't been active a lot.

last year he was just a punk lazy kid who didn't think he needed to do any homework, didn't watch film, was lazy in practice, he was a prima donna. fox sat his but and kept him inactive. considering how last year went, it wouldn't have mattered much. this year he worked his butt of going into training camp and was excellent in practice. i went to a lot of the training camp pracitces and was very impressed. the unfortunate thing for him was here were 3 more talented WRs ahead of him and fox values experience quite a bit, so he went with smitty/moose/hackett and since he usually only travels with 4 WRs and our punt returners are typically a WR that took up the 4th spot. whenever he has been called upon to play he has done well. if he has a pass thrown to him 9 times out of 10 he is going to be able to catch it. there are a lot of similarites betwen him and keyshawn. fox is just bringing him along slowly. when we need him, though, he is going to turn more than a few heads. i hated him being on the team last year and thought his pick was a waste but seeing what i saws in TC and preseason and listening to what his biggest critics (his teammates, namely jake and smith) have said about him as well as the work that moose has been able to do as a mentor....i have begun to like him and his potential a lot. the kid is growing up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

last year he was just a punk lazy kid who didn't think he needed to do any homework, didn't watch film, was lazy in practice, he was a prima donna. fox sat his but and kept him inactive. considering how last year went, it wouldn't have mattered much. this year he worked his butt of going into training camp and was excellent in practice. i went to a lot of the training camp pracitces and was very impressed. the unfortunate thing for him was here were 3 more talented WRs ahead of him and fox values experience quite a bit, so he went with smitty/moose/hackett and since he usually only travels with 4 WRs and our punt returners are typically a WR that took up the 4th spot. whenever he has been called upon to play he has done well. if he has a pass thrown to him 9 times out of 10 he is going to be able to catch it. there are a lot of similarites betwen him and keyshawn. fox is just bringing him along slowly. when we need him, though, he is going to turn more than a few heads. i hated him being on the team last year and thought his pick was a waste but seeing what i saws in TC and preseason and listening to what his biggest critics (his teammates, namely jake and smith) have said about him as well as the work that moose has been able to do as a mentor....i have begun to like him and his potential a lot. the kid is growing up.

It is amazing how many kids from USC have that same issue coming out of college isn't it? For all the talent they have there and all the talk about how competitive their practices are it's amazing how many players they turn out get to the NFL and get labelled as lazy and uncoachable.

Glad to hear Jarrett got the message, saw him a lot in college. He and leinart are of course good friends, in fact it was Jarrett who was living with Leinart in an off campus condo that got USC in trouble because Leinarts dad was charging Dwayne a fraction of the going market rate which was an NCAA violation.

I'm a big Steve Smith fan given the Cards penchant for allowing big pass plays this year he's the guy that scares me.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a big Steve Smith fan given the Cards penchant for allowing big pass plays this year he's the guy that scares me.
Yup, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we kept him relatively contained for all but one big play and then he ends up with 120 and a TD on the day.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yup, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we kept him relatively contained for all but one big play and then he ends up with 120 and a TD on the day.

Yeah, didn't have a long TD completion on us last year from... that 83 year old Vinnie?

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Yeah, didn't have a long TD completion on us last year from... that 83 year old Vinnie?

yes-- on the play where Rod Hood is running stride for stride, and then inexplicably while the ball is in the air, just stopped and turned around

seeing video of it a year later still makes me wonder what the heck he was thinking

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
It is amazing how many kids from USC have that same issue coming out of college isn't it? For all the talent they have there and all the talk about how competitive their practices are it's amazing how many players they turn out get to the NFL and get labelled as lazy and uncoachable.

Glad to hear Jarrett got the message, saw him a lot in college. He and leinart are of course good friends, in fact it was Jarrett who was living with Leinart in an off campus condo that got USC in trouble because Leinarts dad was charging Dwayne a fraction of the going market rate which was an NCAA violation.

yeah...it's the system that was able to make those guys so successful. they knew how to control them and get what they wanted out of them. once they were set free their egos got the better of them and underperformed. fortunately carolina and fox don't make a habit of caving to players and put them in their place...kind of what whis is doing with leinart, i assume. until you are ready to be the man you are going to have to watch the man.

re: smitty...i just saw that he is in the top 3 yards per game but is doing it with less catches. it doesn't take many catches to get smith to his goal of 96 yards a game. (why 96, i don't know but thats what he said he tries to do).

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
yes-- on the play where Rod Hood is running stride for stride, and then inexplicably while the ball is in the air, just stopped and turned around

seeing video of it a year later still makes me wonder what the heck he was thinking

I was there and I still can't believe what Hood did.

OP
OP
H

hepcat

Reaction score

Pretty good analysis of Jarrett. He's been pretty much a non-factor behind Moose and Smitty, but I think he's overdue to break out soon. Defenses can double Smith and blanket Moose, but having that third option is what makes a passing game dangerous. I think Jarrett will be that guy. He's made some solid catches this year and with Hackett out is getting his chance. His only problem is Delhomme has kind of a bias to go to Smith and Muhammad first...

chickenhead

Reaction score
It's a great matchup. My inclination is that the Panthers win simply because well-coached, consistent teams win at home.

-but-

I also think this is the kind of foe Whiz wants to face, and I think he is building the Cards for this kind of game rather than a shootout with a Mike Martz offense/offence (though that will happen often enough in our division).

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good thread. Kudos to the Panthers fans (and most of our guys) for a solid discussion without the sad banter internet boards can be trapped in.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Riiiight. The Cards don't have a "real" run defense.

You say you're not here to talk smack, but your posts reek of it. Not many here are even saying the Cards should win, yet you're continuing to throw down a-hole comments like the one above.

I'm usually all for opposition posters, but personally, you're testing my patience.

I'll be here either to congratulate you guys on the upset or to console you on the loss. I'm not here to talk smack...I just honestly think the Panthers are the better team and are playing at home. That said it's not a guaranteed win, just won that if the Panthers are a true playoff contender and team to beat in the NFC, they need to be able to handle a team like the Cardinals, especially at home. This is a game the Panthers SHOULD win, not need to win. It's still too early for must-win games. Ya'll are lucky out in the NFC West...your division is garbage and you'll probably win it with an 8-8 record. Not so lucky in the NFC South. 11-5 might be looking at a wildcard berth if that.

I couldn't agree anymore with Pariah. How dumb is it for a homer fan to come over to another board and say that they aren't talking "smack" then only to make backhanded comments about the Cards not being a true contender and that you should be able to handle us, so on and so forth. It's simple, if you're here to talk smack say it like it is and don't be a coward and say you aren't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05