Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m excited with much lower expectations. Last year was so not fun it has to be better with new coaching new additions and the main guys playing together for another season.
It really doesn't have to be better.

KD is a year older, and likely to have a major injury.

The team in terms of playing time will be 85% the same as last year.

The West has only gotten tougher. Houston and San Antonio are going to be real threats along with all the same teams from last year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ceiling/floor for upcoming season. What is your guess?
My floor is injuries and therefore no playoffs. My ceiling is 52 wins and a second round exit.
Floor is 30 wins. Ceiling is 50 Wins and a second round exit.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns officially announce re-signing of Bol Bol.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns did not extend a qualifying offer to Udoka Azubuike.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That picture was from his “breakout” game against the Kings. Just then I thought we’d play him more. He never really saw the floor again.

Udoka did not seem athletic enough for the NBA, although I did like him in college.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m thinking the best is a first round exit:)
That's actually what I put first, but there are certain first round opponents it could be possible to beat.

My prediction is like 40-45 wins and missing the playoffs.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's actually what I put first, but there are certain first round opponents it could be possible to beat.

My prediction is like 40-45 wins and missing the playoffs.
If we make the 50 win mark and advance to the second round then the coaching change did the trick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry. Every year is championship or bust until Durant is no longer on the team. Second round exits or only encouraging if you are building something.

I’ve totally reset my expectations. I never got into the team last season and the previous three seasons before that ended so ugly, that I’ve all but given up hope of any championship in the near or distant future. Now, I just want to be entertained. If they’re a fun 50 and fade team, that at least plays hard in the playoffs, that’s good enough for me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know when, but apparently the Suns offered Haywood Highsmith a minimum deal -- ended up resigning with Miami after they acquired DeRozan.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I know we have a lot of people here that aren't KD fans, but this was a good candid look at KD and his thoughts on all these stupid leaving rumors:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I know we have a lot of people here that aren't KD fans, but this was a good candid look at KD and his thoughts on all these stupid leaving rumors:

Nobody really knows for sure. “Insiders” can make up rumors for clicks but athletes can also say anything on a podcast and play the fans like a fiddle. Life was great before social media and hot take tv shows.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’m content with the team at the moment. The X-factor is Bud. Vogel was useless last season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know when, but apparently the Suns offered Haywood Highsmith a minimum deal -- ended up resigning with Miami after they acquired DeRozan.

DeRozen ended up In Sacramento not Miami. Highsmith signed a 2 year deal worth roughly $5.5 million a year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nobody really knows for sure. “Insiders” can make up rumors for clicks but athletes can also say anything on a podcast and play the fans like a fiddle. Life was great before social media and hot take tv shows.
Of course. You're definitely on brand Gator.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ve totally reset my expectations. I never got into the team last season and the previous three seasons before that ended so ugly, that I’ve all but given up hope of any championship in the near or distant future. Now, I just want to be entertained. If they’re a fun 50 and fade team, that at least plays hard in the playoffs, that’s good enough for me.
Before the break the team went on a 8 game or so winning streak that got my heart pumping.

Early in the season too many injuries to get a feel for the team.

For some reason the coach speak did not sit right with me all year. Never felt Vogel had the pulse of the team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns passing on Haliburton in the 2020 draft still hurts. This alone would have been enough for me to fire James Jones if I were the owner.

Tyrese Haliburton again confirms he was available for any team to draft except perhaps Atlanta And Cleveland.

By Kellan Ollson, Suns reporter, ArizonaSports.com editor:

“The truth is if I told one or two teams not to draft me, it was Atlanta and it was Cleveland,” Haliburton said in February 2022, noting those were two teams at the time that already had a few young guards.

“From there, it was open season for everybody. And they didn’t pick me.”

---------------------------------------------

Would he have been open to learning from Paul while forming a long-term backcourt with Booker?

“For sure, no question,” Haliburton said.

-----------------------------------------------

Haliburton said to Arizona Sports he had zero communication with the Suns during the pre-draft process.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns passing on Haliburton in the 2020 draft still hurts. This alone would have been enough for me to fire James Jones if I were the owner.

Tyrese Haliburton again confirms he was available for any team to draft except perhaps Atlanta And Cleveland.

“The truth is if I told one or two teams not to draft me, it was Atlanta and it was Cleveland,” Haliburton said in February 2022, noting those were two teams at the time that already had a few young guards.

Would he have been open to learning from Paul while forming a long-term backcourt with Booker?

Haliburton said to Arizona Sports he had zero communication with the Suns during the pre-draft process.

That whole story that he told everyone not to draft him except for… Sacramento… who was horrible for years… and had just drafted Fox at PG seemed extremely dubious.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And those teams make sense, Cleveland with Garland and Sexton and Atlanta with Trae Young. Sacramento had DeAaron Fox, Davion Mitchell, and someone else whose name escapes me but the folks in Sacramento weren't pass first PG's like Haliburton. It took Halliburton for Fox to come into his own also.

Also the idea that Paul wouldn't tutor him is a joke also. Paul had just helped along guys in OKC and has always been a willing teacher. He did just sign in San Antonio for that reason.

Such a bad draft for James Jones and the Suns.