Cardinals at Broncos PS gameday thread 8-25-24

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
For preseason games, I fully understand these are mostly backups and camp bodies going at it, so I have zero issues. I mainly look for how they do with things like penalties, blocking mistakes, tackling, etc....the things that are coachable. If they get out matched or our schemed in PS, who cares. I just need to know if one of them has to play in a real game, that they will know their assignments when alongside the regular starters.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
For preseason games, I fully understand these are mostly backups and camp bodies going at it, so I have zero issues. I mainly look for how they do with things like penalties, blocking mistakes, tackling, etc....the things that are coachable. If they get out matched or our schemed in PS, who cares. I just need to know if one of them has to play in a real game, that they will know their assignments when alongside the regular starters.
like the one dude who blasted into the backfield pre snap....nice to see the motivation and the burst!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well last season we went 2-1 in PS only looking bad against a KC team that plays team 1 for an entire half. What did that get us? I don’t think we can take anything from PS at all….
I don't care about the wins and losses. Doesn't matter at all. Our players just played pretty badly. I would rather they played well.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care about the wins and losses. Doesn't matter at all. Our players just played pretty badly. I would rather they played well.

I think it matters which players played badly and which player had strong preseason games.

Look at the 39 players who didn't play in the Broncos game and those are the starters and main backups:

Offense:
QB: Kyler Murray

RB: Conner, Benson, Carter, Demercado

WR: MHJr, Wilson, Dortch, Jones, Chisnea(injured I believe)

TE: McBride, Higgins, Tip, Vokolek

OL: PJJ, Brown, Fro, Hernandez, Williams, Beach

Defense:
DL: Collier, Jones, Nichols, Robinson, Stills, Lopez, Tonga

ILB: White, Wilson, Barnes

OLB: Collins, Gardeck, Thomas

CB: SMB, Williams, Thomas

S: Budda, JT, Blount

That is 39 players who didn't play against the Broncos which leaves about 14 roster spots left (11 if you subtract K, P, LS). I think the locks of those 11 available spots who did play are (Tune, Taylor-Demmerson, Dallas, Pappoe, Melton, Adams). So basically you are looking at 5 spots that are up for grabs for guys like Cam Thomas, Luketa, Weaver, Clark, Jones, etc...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think it matters which players played badly and which player had strong preseason games.

Look at the 39 players who didn't play in the Broncos game and those are the starters and main backups:

Offense:

Defense:

That is 39 players who didn't play against the Broncos which leaves about 14 roster spots left (11 if you subtract K, P, LS). I think the locks of those 11 available spots who did play are (Tune, Taylor-Demmerson, Dallas, Pappoe, Melton, Adams). So basically you are looking at 5 spots that are up for grabs for guys like Cam Thomas, Luketa, Weaver, Clark, Jones, etc...
Legwork!! Well done sir!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Offense:

Defense:

Which means we will be trying to get a few draft picks to the PS.

SOCALCARD

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No clue. A rookie for sure who gets bent out of shape over a preseason game played with 4th stringers lol.
It’s not just ONE game McFly!!!!! We have looked like dog sh#t the ETIRE pre-season including the practices with Indy! Just like another poster said. We lose Murray and we INSTANTLY become the worst team in the league. Hands down. Facts!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not just ONE game McFly!!!!! We have looked like dog sh#t the ETIRE pre-season including the practices with Indy! Just like another poster said. We lose Murray and we INSTANTLY become the worst team in the league. Hands down. Facts!
And again it all means nothing. Literally nothing. And most teams that lose their QB are screwed.

SOCALCARD

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And again it all means nothing. Literally nothing. And most teams that lose their QB are screwed.
Ya. You’re probably right. We will come out of the gate looking like the Kansas City Chiefs of late. Firing on all cylinders with MHJ putting the team on his shoulders making everyone say…… Larry who?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Offense:

Defense:

Thank you for taking the time to do that. I have understood all along we were mostly watching guys who will not make the team. Who might only be called back in case of injury. But, again, you could make the same type of list for Denver.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a team in our own division that says this is a lie.
I can barely stand to watch our preseason games, much less the rest of the division. Who is it? The Rams? I know Purdy played so I am guessing it isn't SF.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
If the Cardinals win, all will be forgotten and vice versa.

What has been identified based on the pre-season is risks within certain position groups.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
72 dolphins say different, with a great run game QB is less important, with a great defense even less important,
Hence everything that people say has changed, answer is some but not completely.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
72 dolphins say different, with a great run game QB is less important, with a great defense even less important,
Hence everything that people say has changed, answer is some but not completely.
Trying to equate the 72 Dolphins to todays NFL is laughable at best.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it’s not a fact that the Cardinals have looked like the worst team in the league all preseason? Name me a team that’s looked worse?
You watched all 32 teams 3 pre-season games? Doesn't sound factual. Sounds like pure conjecture on your part.