Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet
@GeraldBourguet
·
1h

Bradley Beal joked about Mike Budenholzer forcing the Suns to take more 3s: "Well, we don't have a choice."Bud pulled Beal into his office the other day and showed him 5-6 clips where he could've shot a 3 instead.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
2h

Mat Ishbia on Kevin Durant extension: "Kevin Durant loves it here, and we love Kevin....we don't really go through contract extensions publicly."He did say they plan on KD being here for the foreseeable future

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet

Asked about his listed weight of 290 lbs and whether he's actually smaller than that, Jusuf Nurkic joked, "I don't like the word 'smaller,' but yeah, definitely lighter than that."Said it was an emphasis to get lighter, move better"Probably the best I've been in a long time."

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet
@GeraldBourguet
·
26m

Jusuf Nurkic confirmed he will be taking more 3s this year. He won't be jacking up 10 3s again, but it was a point of emphasis all summer. Said last year, when he stopped taking 3s after a rough start to the season, that was a coaching decision, not his

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
6m

Josh Okogie said when the season was over, he took some time to think about things, but he loved everything about Phoenix and wanted to return. Said apparently the feeling was mutual and he's happy to be back with the Suns

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
2h

Mat Ishbia on recruiting Tyus Jones: "We didn't think we had a chance at the beginning, to be honest with you."Said they're excited to land a player like that on a vet minimum and they'll want him back next summer, even though they know he'll likely play his way into a new deal

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
1h

Grayson Allen said he's excited about the Suns adding Tyus Jones - even though it moves him to the bench - because he feels the team got a lot better. Said he's more than okay with the sixth man role that comes with that

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
46s

Damion Lee on his recovery from injury: "It's been a journey. Oct. 10 will be a year out of surgery, and like I explained before, I initially went in for a regular meniscus injury. Come to find out it was a root tear, then come to find out both roots were off."

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
45m

Tyus Jones on getting a shot to show what he can do on a better team: "I'm ready for it. My whole life, I've played basketball to win....Coming here, I'm looking forward to doing the same thing. I'm looking forward to competing and trying to win a championship."

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
2h

Suns CEO Josh Bartelstein specifically mentioned taking more 3s as something the Suns are focused on with Mike Budenholzer coming in. Said this season will be more of a marriage between talent and playing style that will allow them to compete for a championship

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like the Al patch, but would have loved Booker’s idea for it to just say SHAZZAM!

No Al anymore. That hurts even though I don’t live in town to listen to him.
Unfortunately, I'm betting there would have been copyright issues with Shazzam.