Suns Training Camp, October 1st through 4th, 2024

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet

Asked about his listed weight of 290 lbs and whether he's actually smaller than that, Jusuf Nurkic joked, "I don't like the word 'smaller,' but yeah, definitely lighter than that."Said it was an emphasis to get lighter, move better"Probably the best I've been in a long time."

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gerald Bourguet
@GeraldBourguet
·
26m

Jusuf Nurkic confirmed he will be taking more 3s this year. He won't be jacking up 10 3s again, but it was a point of emphasis all summer. Said last year, when he stopped taking 3s after a rough start to the season, that was a coaching decision, not his

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
2h

Mat Ishbia on recruiting Tyus Jones: "We didn't think we had a chance at the beginning, to be honest with you."Said they're excited to land a player like that on a vet minimum and they'll want him back next summer, even though they know he'll likely play his way into a new deal

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
46s

Damion Lee on his recovery from injury: "It's been a journey. Oct. 10 will be a year out of surgery, and like I explained before, I initially went in for a regular meniscus injury. Come to find out it was a root tear, then come to find out both roots were off."

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
45m

Tyus Jones on getting a shot to show what he can do on a better team: "I'm ready for it. My whole life, I've played basketball to win....Coming here, I'm looking forward to doing the same thing. I'm looking forward to competing and trying to win a championship."

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gerald Bourguet

@GeraldBourguet
·
2h

Suns CEO Josh Bartelstein specifically mentioned taking more 3s as something the Suns are focused on with Mike Budenholzer coming in. Said this season will be more of a marriage between talent and playing style that will allow them to compete for a championship

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like the Al patch, but would have loved Booker’s idea for it to just say SHAZZAM!

No Al anymore. That hurts even though I don’t live in town to listen to him.
Unfortunately, I'm betting there would have been copyright issues with Shazzam.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I honestly think Bud is going to be better than we think. He may be the most key addition this summer, even more than Tyus and Monte.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake