Amare - Likely Destinations

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys think. There is speculation from sportsline the Suns would trade Amare out East only. Here are the 7 trade scenarios that they suggested. Do any of these sound good to you guys?

1. Stoudemire to Raptors for Bosch
  2. Stoudemire and Goran Dragic to the Pistons for Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince
  3. Stoudemire and Louis Amundson to the Wizards for Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison
  4. Stoudemire and Dragic to the Bulls for Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, and Drew Gooden
  5. Stoudemire and Leandro Barbosa to the 76ers for Andre Miller, Thaddeus Young, Marreese Speights, and Willie Green
  6. Stoudemire and Barbosa to the Heat for Michael Beasley, Udonis Haslem, Dorell Wright, and Mark Blount
  7. Stoudemire to the Knicks for David Lee, Wilson Chandler, and Al Harrington

French Fries

Mangaworm
Reaction score
i'll have #2 with large fries and medium coke...

btw, i doubt that miami will let both haslem and beasley, plus wright seems to be riley's idea of core players which include cook, wade, haslem and/or beasley...

blasphemy alert: i'll take marion and jones for amare and filler if we're to do it with miami...

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I like Pistons, Raptors, and Wizards.
Raptors trade isn't gonna happen and even if it did, we'd be renting Bosch for a couple of years.
Pistons trade is interesting, but leaves us extremely thin up front.
Wizards trade is intriguing, though I am not sure if Antawn Jamison is any better than Amare on D.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I thought the title said "likely". None of those are likely.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Laughing at all the posters who continuosly talk about how pathetic Amare is and in the next breath expect multiple quality players in a trade for him! :D

HooverDam

Reaction score
I think the whole trading someone out of your conference thing is quite over rated. Out of the division sure, but out of conference is often unnecessary. I think Amare to OKC makes the most sense for both teams.

Reaction score
I think the whole trading someone out of your conference thing is quite over rated. Out of the division sure, but out of conference is often unnecessary. I think Amare to OKC makes the most sense for both teams.
For who exactly?

Reaction score
Jeff Green, filler (Wilcox and Watson or Joe Smith) and picks.
Do you think Green would be our future SF or PF if that happens? I dont see him playing PF if this team really wants a change. The picks would most likely be protected. I would hope we get our 2010 1st rounder back instead of theres because they will be better than us. I feel meh about this deal.

The only ones I would really like is a Gay/Arthur/filler/1st rounder or a Thompson/Salmons/1st rounder

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
I want to see Nash when a ring as a starter, and I want to see Stoudemire win a ring as a starter. So any team in playoff zone or would presumably place them in playoff zone after the trade.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Do you think Green would be our future SF or PF if that happens? I dont see him playing PF if this team really wants a change. The picks would most likely be protected. I would hope we get our 2010 1st rounder back instead of theres because they will be better than us. I feel meh about this deal.

Jeff Green is a SF, as is Durant, thats why I think they'd be willing to deal Green. The Suns are sending out the far better player, so the picks shouldn't be too highly protected if at all. OKC has 3 freakin' 1st rounders this year, so they're probably not overly concerned about losing a pick or two.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Jeff Green, filler (Wilcox and Watson or Joe Smith) and picks.

Amare's salary is 15M. CBA allows the salary difference to be 25%. We are above tax threshold, so Sarver won't allow Kerr to take more salary back. Meanwhile, OKC is a couple of million under it, so they won't mind.

By all means, Jeff Green is a good young player, he is somewhere between a top role player and star. He is a very solid at SF, not the fastest type of SF you would prefer for a running team, but Hell, under Kerr the new Suns will adapt to half court anyway.

So the right package is Wilcox + Joe Smith + Jeff Green == 14.8M.

Watson is another question. If we get him, there is no need to keep Barbosa, nor enough minutes to share. If add Barbosa into the deal, the deal will be: Amare + Barbosa == 21M. Wilcox + Watson + Jeff Green = 16.3M. It works already without Joe Smith. I'm not sure how much useful Joe Smith can be for us, he could add depth, but Kerr might keep him out to save tax.

Both package looks good for me, and we'll definitely bargain with them about whether the first round pick is protected.

HooverDam

Reaction score
^You want to get rid of LB because you'd be getting Earl Watson? Im not following. LB is a scoring shooting guard, Earl Watson is a Point Guard. Watson would actually give the Suns a nice backup for Nash, and LB could just be the back up 2 guard.

With Green coming over though youd have a log jam at the 3 and be really thin up front. You could add Hill to the deal (whos likely in his last year anyhow) and do this:

OKC sends..............................Phx sends
C. Chris Wilcox.......................PF Amare Stoudemire
PF. Joe Smith.........................SF Grant Hill
SF. Jeff Green
PG. Earl Watson
2010 1st Round pick (Phoenixs)
2009 1st round pick (either Denver or S.A.)

Though Im just not sure if OKC would do a 4 for 2 or not. But Hill gives them a nice backup at the 3 and Im sure they wouldnt mind having him around Durant. The only thing about it is, Id feel terrible shipping Hill out, he's been a great guy, but hey, its a business.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Who care about what Phoenix Clippers would become?

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Though Im just not sure if OKC would do a 4 for 2 or not. But Hill gives them a nice backup at the 3 and Im sure they wouldnt mind having him around Durant. The only thing about it is, Id feel terrible shipping Hill out, he's been a great guy, but hey, its a business.

Send Barnes instead. I love the guy but he's on a one year deal, is sort of in a funk, and Hill is playing out of his mind right now.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
^You want to get rid of LB because you'd be getting Earl Watson? Im not following. LB is a scoring shooting guard, Earl Watson is a Point Guard. Watson would actually give the Suns a nice backup for Nash, and LB could just be the back up 2 guard.

You are completely unreasonable upon my point here : THERE IS NOT ENOUGH MINUTES TO SHARE.

Both Nash and J.Rich averages 35mpg now. We want to reduce Nash's minutes, but he still commands at least 30. Thus, there are at most 21 minutes left at 1 and 2. That is exactly how much playing time Barbosa is getting.

Adding Watson into the mix, who makes 6.2M a year, tell me how you plan to split the 48 * 2 minutes among these 4 players and make them all happy.

We don't want Watson if we decided to keep Barbosa. We ship Barbosa out if we want to get Watson.

I like Barbosa, he is doing great as the 6th man right now. Amare alone for Wilcox + Smith + Green is a nice deal already for me.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Amare + Barnes (16-17M) for Wilcox + Watson + Green (16M). It works financially. I don't think OKC want Barnes (no way we offer Hill, HELL NO!). I seriously doubt they could accept this.

But it might be a very good plan for us. Ship out one of our current SF, J.Rich will get some of minutes at SF which he should do well. We might find a good backcourt rotation:

Nash 30 + Watson 18
J.Rich 24 + Barbosa 24
Hill 24 + J.Rich 10 + Green 14

Furthermore, Green plays quite some minutes at PF in OKC. At 6-9 235lbs, he actually does it reasonably well. His 3p shooting, 41.6%, should make him a good fit alongside Shaq.

Wilcox 20 + Amundson 14 + Green 14

I like this plan, let's see if Kerr can pull it out.

HooverDam

Reaction score
You are completely unreasonable upon my point here : THERE IS NOT ENOUGH MINUTES TO SHARE.

Theres plenty of minutes to go around. If you think Earl freakin' Watson is going to take minutes away from LB you're crazy. There's 2 guard spots, a lot teams fill them with a four man rotation. Remember, JRich can also play the 3 for the Suns, so its not like you don't see Nash-LB-Jrich on the floor together or couldn't see Watson-LB-Jrich or something like that.

EDIT: Here you go, a rotation with minutes, if this were the only deal Phx made:
PG Nash 30--Watson 14--LB 4.= 48
SG Richardson 28--LB 20=48
SF Green 22--Barnes 20--Richardson 6= 48
PF Smith 16--Green 12--Amundson 10--Wilcox 10=48
C O'Neal 28--Wilcox 12--Lopez 8=48

Now you likely wouldn't see an 11 man rotation like that, but maybe if they really want to rest Nash and O'Neal like they say. Plus O'Neal will continue to miss games, so something roughly like that would work.

Send Barnes instead. I love the guy but he's on a one year deal, is sort of in a funk, and Hill is playing out of his mind right now.

I imagine if the Suns blow it up they'd want to keep Barnes next year since he's young, pretty good and could probably be signed to a reasonable deal. Hills likely done after this year, no reason to hang on to him.

(no way we offer Hill, HELL NO!)

You really have an urge to hang onto an aged small forward whos going to retire at the end of the year anyway, why? This team is going nowhere fast, with or without Grant Hill.

Last edited:

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Just curious what you guys think. There is speculation from sportsline the Suns would trade Amare out East only. Here are the 7 trade scenarios that they suggested. Do any of these sound good to you guys?

1. Stoudemire to Raptors for Bosch
  2. Stoudemire and Goran Dragic to the Pistons for Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince
  3. Stoudemire and Louis Amundson to the Wizards for Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison
  4. Stoudemire and Dragic to the Bulls for Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, and Drew Gooden
  5. Stoudemire and Leandro Barbosa to the 76ers for Andre Miller, Thaddeus Young, Marreese Speights, and Willie Green
  6. Stoudemire and Barbosa to the Heat for Michael Beasley, Udonis Haslem, Dorell Wright, and Mark Blount
  7. Stoudemire to the Knicks for David Lee, Wilson Chandler, and Al Harrington

Omg! #2! Get rid of Goran right now while you can. Richard Hamilton and Teyshon know how to defend straight up. Don't ever trade sweet Lou

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I imagine if the Suns blow it up they'd want to keep Barnes next year since he's young, pretty good and could probably be signed to a reasonable deal.

I doubt it. Barnes has worn out his welcome and he's still in the rotation only because he's better than the alternatives, Dudley and Tucker. In January, Barnes shot only 36% from the field, 26% from three-point range, and had more turnovers than assists. He contributed a whopping 6.5 points in more than 20 minutes per game. And so far in February, his shooting numbers are even worse.

The theory that he can be effective off the bench (unlike Hill, who apparently "has to" start) has been proved false. So maybe he'd start posting good numbers again if he was starting and logging major minutes, but I'd rather not take the chance.

(Edit: Also, Barnes is almost 29, which isn't exactly "young.")

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paxson has come out and said Deng is untouchable along with the obvious in Rose. Even a article on ESPN.com confirmed that yesterday. He is playing his best basketball in a long time since returning from his injury. Also, why would the Bulls take on another PG. That one will not happen.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
#4 would just add to the "Sarver Legacy of Stupidity." The Suns could have drafted Deng but gave the pick away because they said all the good players would be gone.