Amare - Likely Destinations

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
omg you waste an additional two pages talking about hill in a trade. You are officially wasting everyone's time on purpose now.

This is very unbecoming of you Hoover.

HooverDam

Reaction score
omg you waste an additional two pages talking about hill in a trade. You are officially wasting everyone's time on purpose now.

This is very unbecoming of you Hoover.

No ones forcing you to read anything. How am I wasting your time, does your mouse not have a scroll wheel?

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
That seems quite delusional. What part of "Dont bother putting Hill in trade scenarios because he won't be traded" is horsesbacksideish?

I understand youre just going to continue to entrench yourself in your opinion, but I would really suggest just giving it up.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
ESPN Insider today says that Golden State has been in direct contact with the Suns as of this morning. It doesn't mean that the Suns are interested, just that they're making an offer.

Looking at their assets they have some young forwards: Brandan Wright & Anthony Randolph. Expiring contracts: Adonal Foyle and that's it for this year with any real salary.

In fact, looking at their roster it would take just to much to get it done unless they were going to part with some of the guys they like more. Maybe Foyle (expiring), Wright, Belinelli, and 1st rounder 09. I don't know if I like that.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
wouldnt make that deal my priority. i think we can definitely get someone better (marion or Bosh) outta STAT if he is really getting traded.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I like the Marion, Beasley idea the best because Marion is an expiring contract AND a quality player. He's probably the only player I've read about that is both.

I actually believe that the Suns would be a little better after making this deal but still not contenders unless Nash can keep playing like he did last night.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I like the Marion, Beasley idea the best because Marion is an expiring contract AND a quality player. He's probably the only player I've read about that is both.

I actually believe that the Suns would be a little better after making this deal but still not contenders unless Nash can keep playing like he did last night.

Forget about it, Marion + Beasley is more salary than Amare. 1 more dollar salary, 1 more dollar tax. JUST FORGET ABOUT IT!

Reaction score
Amar'e Stoudemire told Don Shane of WXYZ that being traded to Detroit is something he would welcome and that Phoenix's interest in trading him has to do with financial issues."It would be phenomenal," said Stoudemire about joining the Pistons. "I think the fans here have been probably the top fans in the world since I’ve been in the NBA. They’re always cheering their team on and every time we come here, their always loud and rowdy, so it would be fun to play here.WXYZ.com

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Amar'e Stoudemire told Don Shane of WXYZ that being traded to Detroit is something he would welcome and that Phoenix's interest in trading him has to do with financial issues."It would be phenomenal," said Stoudemire about joining the Pistons. "I think the fans here have been probably the top fans in the world since I’ve been in the NBA. They’re always cheering their team on and every time we come here, their always loud and rowdy, so it would be fun to play here.WXYZ.com

I think Amare's doing a good job of staying positive and acting like a professional.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I would really suggest just giving it up.

Why do you continually tell people what they should and shouldn't post? Thats the question here. If you dont like a particular discussion going on, scroll on by. It seems to me for someone who's so hung up on not wasting peoples time you ought to practice what you preach instead of routinely telling others what to do and thereby bloating the thread even more.

Last edited:

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Via Daily Herald

Mike McGraw of the Daily Herald is reporting that the Phoenix Suns have little interest in Miami forwards Michael Beasley or Shawn Marion in any deal involving Amare Stoudemire. Phoenix, apparently, see the Bulls Tyrus Thomas as a better fit than Beasley.
The Suns had traded Marion to the Heat for center Shaquille O'Neal last year.

HooverDam

Reaction score
If Tyrus Thomas is the centerpiece of an Amare deal I'm going to lose my mind. I really will probably break down and cry, I can't believe what an unbelievable doofus Steve Kerr is.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Thomas has come on as of late now that he is seeing consistent playing time. I think Kerr likes the idea of developing Tyrus, because he has all the tools to be a stud on the other side of the ball, just like Josh Smith is.

The other good thing about a trade with Chicago is that thanks to Gooden's mid level expiring contract, the Suns could also take back some other young guys in the deal.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
If Tyrus Thomas is the centerpiece of an Amare deal I'm going to lose my mind. I really will probably break down and cry, I can't believe what an unbelievable doofus Steve Kerr is.

Tell me exactly how good you think Amare is? How far he is behind Tim Duncan? How far he is ahead of Tyrus Thomas?

Tyrus Thomas is not a super-star material for sure. The ceiling for him is probably a top-notch role player. So what? Amare is probably just a little more than top-notch role player. Thomas + a lottery pick is a fair price for Amare.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Tyrus Thomas is too skinny to be a legit PF. If we are going to settle for a young big man, I like Noah much better and then Maxiell ... Is there any better one on table?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Tell me exactly how good you think Amare is? How far he is behind Tim Duncan? How far he is ahead of Tyrus Thomas?

Whats the scale here? Duncan is a Hall of Famer, Amare is an All Star, Tyrus Thomas is neither, hows that?

Tyrus Thomas is not a super-star material for sure. The ceiling for him is probably a top-notch role player. So what? Amare is probably just a little more than top-notch role player. Thomas + a lottery pick is a fair price for Amare.

Amare is the type of guy who gets invites to play on the Olympic team. He regularly makes All NBA squads, and is a multiple time All Star. Thats quite a step from 'little more than a top notch role player'.

I like Noah much better

What on earth would posses anyone to say they like Joakim Noah? Especially as a centerpiece for an Amare trade.

... Is there any better one on table?

We have no idea whats actually on the table or not. Reading idiotic proposals from guys like Chad Ford doesn't really tell us what is or isn't out there. That is one of the tricky things about evaluating trades as a fan is we'll never know what was truly offered, so the missed opportunities can't be accurately evaluated.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
This is from hoopsworld

Chicago The Front Runner: The Chicago Bulls might have the pieces for a deal, it now comes down does Chicago really want to make a deal? Sources near the Bulls said they are still not sold that landing Amar'e makes them a better basketball team now or in the future. It seems some of the waffling revolves around Tyrus Thomas who over the past week has averaged better than 15 points per game, and has a double-double or close to it, in his last 7 games. The Bulls' discussions for Stoudemire are said to include Thabo Sefolosha, the ending contracts of Drew Gooden and Cedric Simmons and Thomas. It seems that this may be the deal that gets it done from Phoenix's point of view, but Bulls sources said neither Bulls' GM John Paxson or Vinny Del Negro have agreed that this deal works for the Bulls. The belief is this thing will not get resolved before the All-Star break, and that the Bulls want to "sleep on it" for a few days.

Detroit In The Mix: The Pistons are in the mix for Stoudemire, their offer is said to be built around the ending contract of Rasheed Wallace and likely Amir Johnson. Much like the Bulls reported offer, this deal does give the Suns what they said they wanted, and that's future flexibility and enough talent to compete for homecourt. Say what you will about Rasheed Wallace the person, Rasheed Wallace the player could bring the grit and toughness defensively the Suns are missing, and Amir Johnson is an exceptional future talent. Terry Porter's familiarity with Wallace certainly would make the transition easier. If the Pistons put a first round draft pick in the mix, that might be the best deal for the Suns' defined goals of flexibility and a first round playoff berth this season. Can the Suns squeeze a little more talent out of the deal remains to be seen. Pistons sources said Joe Dumars is not really engaging in talks about possible deals around the team, but the source said Joe tends not to be chatty when he's working on a deal.
There is actually another reason to hold up with the Bulls, Drew Gooden is currently injuried. Though it is just light things such as strain or so, he hasn't played for a week or 2. The deal doesn't work without a healthy Gooden. Don't underestimate him. He is a solid experienced PF/C with 13.1 and 8.6 in less than 30mpg, his defence is quite OK, and that rebound rate (0.29) is much better than Amare (0.21). He is going to be the starting PF if this deal fall through.

If Joe Dumars wants to edge out the Bulls, he might have to sweeten his offer with something else. I don't know about Amir Johnson, how is this kid? Stats said he has an excellent rebound rate 4.5 in 16.8 minutes (0.27), and 59.4 FG%, a lot of dunks?

Last edited:

Snoop06

Reaction score
Whats the scale here? Duncan is a Hall of Famer, Amare is an All Star, Tyrus Thomas is neither, hows that?

What on earth would posses anyone to say they like Joakim Noah? Especially as a centerpiece for an Amare trade.

I don't post much, but I had to log in to second both of these. IMO Amare for Noah as the centerpiece is laughable, and even a lottery pick is a bit risky. Bosh is the only guy I would be interested in trading Amare for, but I also wouldn't mind keeping Amare and trying to shop Shaq more. If we had a big that could shoot (like Z, obviously not possible but someone similar), and be a threat out of the lane I think Amare would start to really pick up again. He can't operate when Shaq and 3 defenders are down there, he doesn't have the finesse.

HooverDam

Reaction score
If those 2 HoopsWorld deals (chicago and detroit) are really the best Kerr can do he needs to throw himself out of his window at USAC, they're awful.

EDIT: VV Certainly and they're going to use Kerrs reputation as a lousy GM to try to low ball them as well. If thats the case the best thing the Suns can do is stand pat and hold on to Amare. Its better to keep him, have the chemistry be an issue and get bounced in the first round than to ship the 2nd best Power Forward you've ever had for a pile of beans because he isn't exactly what you'd always hoped and dreamed for.

Last edited: