Andrew Bynum

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Clippers, Heat Interested In Andrew Bynum If Waived

The Los Angeles Clippers and Miami Heat would have interest in signing Andrew Bynum if he is released by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

The Cavaliers have suspended Bynum indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team. The Cavaliers are searching for a trade of Bynum before Jan. 7 when the remaining $6.2 million of his $12.2 million contract becomes guaranteed.

Bynum has dealt with chronic knee problems.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...ers-fyi-20131229,0,333452.story#axzz2opxJc6tc
Bynum, Beasley and Oden possibly on the same team? :p

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Heat actually got Bynum I bet they'd waive Oden.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The Cleveland Cavaliers suspended center Andrew Bynum indefinitely Saturday for conduct detrimental to the team.

In addition, the Cavs will begin aggressively looking to trade Bynum, sources told ESPN.com.

This being said we know he is a head case who has worn out his welcome with 3 teams but has tremendous talent. He is showing he can play. We do have an excellent training staff. Is he worth the risk if we could trade Frey and Indiana's pick. He has a partially guaranteed contract. HE could come here and be great or be a bust. IF he is a bust they can let him go. Sounds like they can buy low

Nope. Not a huge fan of Frye - and Bynum is clearly the better player - but removing Frye eliminates the stretch 4 that the Suns depend on. Plus Bynum is just a headcase that isn't worth the time.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sheesh...I am sure Cavs are thrilled his peen is in top shape. If only, he can translate that "scoring" to the court!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Looks like we get the news 1st. I did not think goofing off in practice would get him suspended this quickly. We remember how fast JRich was shipped out of town here

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did J-Rich do?

It was rumored that he slept with Steve's wife, IIRC. I never put too much credence in any of these rumors though. They may all be true but some of them are so far out there that I tend to discount all of them until a really good reason to do otherwise.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I said "Steve's wife", I meant "Steve Nash" not "Steve, me". My wife reads this board and I didn't want her to think I was calling her out here.

Steve

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I said "Steve's wife", I meant "Steve Nash" not "Steve, me". My wife reads this board and I didn't want her to think I was calling her out here.

Steve

This is funny stuff. :)

Budden

Registered
Reaction score
I could see Sarver pushing for Bynum based on the way his contract is structured. Only half of it is guaranteed for this year, and it's not guaranteed at all next year. If Robert Sarver met with Jeff Hornacek to discuss Bynum's contract, you could describe both guys as "Horny".

Even if Bynum had DeMarcus Cousins' basketball ability, and the Cavs were looking to get rid of him for basically nothing, I'd still not want to make the trade. This team is thriving based on (among other things) its great chemistry. It's not at the level of the 2010 Suns (according to most people associated with that team, nothing comes close), but this team's success has so much to do with the simple fact that guys like each other, like playing with each other, and like playing for Horny. At best, because of the bond the players have formed as a unit, Bynum would simply become an outcast; at worst, his attitude might rub off on one or two players, the team loses a few games in a row (as is bound to happen to any team), and then that attitude sort of creeps through the locker room like a disease.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Steve

Yes, I am sure you intended to keep that other matter private.

;)

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I could see Sarver pushing for Bynum based on the way his contract is structured. Only half of it is guaranteed for this year, and it's not guaranteed at all next year. If Robert Sarver met with Jeff Hornacek to discuss Bynum's contract, you could describe both guys as "Horny".

Even if Bynum had DeMarcus Cousins' basketball ability, and the Cavs were looking to get rid of him for basically nothing, I'd still not want to make the trade. This team is thriving based on (among other things) its great chemistry. It's not at the level of the 2010 Suns (according to most people associated with that team, nothing comes close), but this team's success has so much to do with the simple fact that guys like each other, like playing with each other, and like playing for Horny. At best, because of the bond the players have formed as a unit, Bynum would simply become an outcast; at worst, his attitude might rub off on one or two players, the team loses a few games in a row (as is bound to happen to any team), and then that attitude sort of creeps through the locker room like a disease.

There is no incentive for Sarver to go after Bynum. Cap situation is great, and the Suns don't have any terrible contracts. Bynam's appeal is in that you can trade for him, waive him, and save millions in payroll. Suns have the 2nd lowest payroll in the league, and are in great shape for next year.

If Cavs gave us an unprotected pick, I'd give them Frye and two lower picks 8and then immediately waive Bynum. Outside of the picks, there is absolutely no incentive for the Suns to trade for Bynum.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Steve

Thanks for the clarification. I was more shocked by the thought that you were discussing yourself in the third person.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am sure you intended to keep that other matter private.

;)

You got it. What happens in Moreno Valley, stays in Moreno Valley. Which works fine because most people have no clue where Moreno Valley is.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I was more shocked by the thought that you were discussing yourself in the third person.

Feel free to give me a cyber knock up-side the head if the Steve ever starts talking about The Steve in the third person.

The Steve