Commanders at Cardinals gameday thread 9-29-24

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
It's funny to watch QBs in better situations crushing it, like Darnold and Baker, then you have HOF QBs like Aaron Rodgers, behind a pretty bad line struggling. Hell, everyone forgets Kurt Warner after his Rams years and how everyone said he sucked and was washed up, because he was behind and awful line and had a suspect playcaller and was benched.
People don't get it. The Cards are sunk as a franchise with Bidwill at the helm.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ah the classic "he's not very smart" trope...
That’s not what I said. I don’t know kyler personally. I don’t know if he’s smart or not. But there’s a difference between being intelligent and having a high football IQ or fast processing capability. I have not seen anything to convince me he has the latter. But there’s been a bunch of historical evidence that’s point to the contrary.

Btw, if you are pointing the racist card my way in this conversation you’re barking up the wrong tree. Just go stroll the P&R board to learn how racist I am (cue all P&R posters laughter).

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe, and note I am not a petzig fan, but maybe he’s calling plays that he feels are necessary to compensate for a qb who isn’t good enough to carry a team.

So Petzing thinks a poorly designed pass play on 3rd and 1, then 4th and 1 is a play that compensates for the QB who isn't good enough?

Because if that were the case I would think he would run Conner for 1 yard like everybody else on the planet would expect.

Sounds like you are really grasping at straws to defend utter coaching incompetence and put all the blame on the quarerback

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is such nonsense take, no fuckig QB even Mahaomes is gonna succeed behind this line with this play calling and with this Defense just total nonsense! We up 7-0 then proceed to be outscored 42-7 that’s not rucking Kyler what part of this can’t you clowns grasp? Defense blows no one NO ONE on offense making timely plays geesh

I'd like to give it a try, though.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You have MJH and Murray yet your genius game plan is to only throw 22 times when getting boat raced? And some of those 22 passes very late in the game, seems to me or anyone with freaking eyes that the play calling is garbage!
I mean when we start passing more it doesnt lead to faster scoring it just leads to 3 and outs. Our passing game is awful unless we trick the defense into thinking its a run play.

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That’s not what I said. I don’t know kyler personally. I don’t know if he’s smart or not. But there’s a difference between being intelligent and having a high football IQ or fast processing capability. I have not seen anything to convince me he has the latter. But there’s been a bunch of historical evidence that’s point to the contrary.

Btw, if you are pointing the racist card my way in this conversation you’re barking up the wrong tree. Just go stroll the P&R board to learn how racist I am (cue all P&R posters laughter).
This was a comment about people saying he was a dumb gamer (video games) and doesn't study film. I know for a fact that dude studies his butt off. I also know his OC isn't putting him in a position to succeed on gameday. Go back and watch the offense in the Buffalo game (first half for sure) and Rams game, then watch it the last 2 weeks. Something changed

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
This is an unacceptable game on every level.
JG better get this fixed and fast. The MO drafts and FA have been completely underwhelming. We are two years into this and look worse than before.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for perspective from a friend who is a Washington fan.

"As James (other friend) said that's one of the worst defenses I've ever seen. How do you have no pass rush, soft coverage and weak tackling all at the same time? Your offense is bad, no speed at all, Conner is tough as nails but he has no speed. Benson at least has speed but that fumble won't win him any non garbage time carries. Murray was bad, he held the ball too long those quick drops if you don't throw right away he's got to run, seems like he doesn't want to run anymore. Harrison Jr looks legit but he's got no help. Sorry Russ long year for you."

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not having Murray rollout once is insane. He might as well be Bryce young with a plus arm standing in the pocket. Play to your players’ strengths. Comms are playing simple ball and playing to their strengths it’s not rocket science. Apparently for our staff it is
This is crazy talk, according to people in this thread

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
However, it kind of gives that impression. IMO, the Cardinals are building around the wrong quarterback.
Conspiracy theory: MB wanted to save the money because this year was a "make or break" year for Kyler. If he continues to regress, we will likely be top 5 and perhaps may draft a QB, depending on how the rest of the season goes.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Conspiracy theory: MB wanted to save the money because this year was a "make or break" year for Kyler. If he continues to regress, we will likely be top 5 and perhaps may draft a QB, depending on how the rest of the season goes.
Conspiracy theory? You say this like Bidwill is known for making smart football decisions.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope this scenario is being given full consideration.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You think he's thinking "I better not get Kyler out on the edge, we'll be more successful keeping him in these shakey pockets?" c'mon
I do question not getting kyker on the move. But kliff didn’t either. That’s two coaches that didn’t do it. And if I recall, kykers passing on the move is pretty poor.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We can’t get off the Kyler contract. We’re stuck in purgatory

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I do question not getting kyker on the move. But kliff didn’t either. That’s two coaches that didn’t do it. And if I recall, kykers passing on the move is pretty poor.
Not everything even needs to be on the run, even moving the pocket has shown to be successful too, there was nothing in this game or last week.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Meh. You and bunch of other guys want to scapegoat Murray for the team's poor perforance, which is ridiculous.

Was Murray perfect today? No.

Did he single handedly lose the game today? No.

Could he possibly have beaten some of the four sacks with a better decision? Probably.

Could his offensive teammates played better today. Yes.

Could Petzing have called a much better game? Yes.

JFC Ouchie how many times did Petzing roll Murray out today?

Before today Murray was averaging 11 yards per carry, and how many designed run plays were there for him? NONE!

Bad, bad BAD game plan by DP.

But you want to lay it all on Murray!

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This game was Dave McGinnis era bad!! It reminded me of that game against the Jags where they scored a touchdown on every possession. The honeymoon is over for Gannon. The “process” and “great culture” are wonderful off-season sound bites to give fans optimism. In the brutal reality of NFL football the only thing that matters are those 3 hours on a Sunday. So far Gannon is 5-17 as a head coach. That start is right there with McGinnis and Co.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake