Commanders at Cardinals gameday thread 9-29-24

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Kyler 104 rating
Daniels 96 rating

Which QB empirically had the better day?

You moving the goalposts?

Look, you are so obviously smarter than everybody else man. You know? It's pointless to argue with you.

You want to put it all on Murray fine. Cut Murray tomorrow and draft the Alabama kid next April. Or draft whoever. Let's see if that changes things.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You moving the goalposts?

Look, you are so obviously smarter than everybody else man. You know? It's pointless to argue with you.

You want to put it all on Murray fine. Cut Murray tomorrow and draft the Alabama kid next April. Or draft whoever. Let's see if that changes things.
There’s not one person on this board putting it all on Kyler. But to act like he had no part in this is silly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So Petzing thinks a poorly designed pass play on 3rd and 1, then 4th and 1 is a play that compensates for the QB who isn't good enough?

Because if that were the case I would think he would run Conner for 1 yard like everybody else on the planet would expect.

Sounds like you are really grasping at straws to defend utter coaching incompetence and put all the blame on the quarerback
Naw, I am close to all the way out on petzig. But I can recognize that both were bad today.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, really Krang? You’re really putting the defensive performance on Murray? Seriously?

Daniel’s had all fvcking day to throw today, while our oline couldn’t protect Murray at all. And you’re really going to compare the two situations?

Both those takes are ****.
We were supposed to keep up offensively! We couldn’t!
It wasn’t just the Oline, Murray had plenty of blame!
This was a terrible performance by most everyone dressed in a Cardinal uniform!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was a comment about people saying he was a dumb gamer (video games) and doesn't study film. I know for a fact that dude studies his butt off. I also know his OC isn't putting him in a position to succeed on gameday. Go back and watch the offense in the Buffalo game (first half for sure) and Rams game, then watch it the last 2 weeks. Something changed
What do you think changed and why?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this "building" you are speaking of? The Cardinals have the worst defensive talent I've ever seen and on offense they have 2 good pieces

I would hope the GM has a long term plan to build the team into a winner. That's his job.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
There’s not one person on this board putting it all on Kyler. But to act like he had no part in this is silly.

Sigh... fine.

We threw for it on 4th and 1, that one time, right? I didn't like the throw to Wilson very much. I'll have to go back and watch it but he seemed to throw behind MW a little on that play, giving defender a chance to make a play.

Was Murray 1-3 on 4th down today? I think there were two 4th a shorts we failed to convert. Both incomplete passes.

I think on a critical play like that, K1 is better off running for it than forcing a throw.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was a comment about people saying he was a dumb gamer (video games) and doesn't study film. I know for a fact that dude studies his butt off. I also know his OC isn't putting him in a position to succeed on gameday. Go back and watch the offense in the Buffalo game (first half for sure) and Rams game, then watch it the last 2 weeks. Something changed
And actually you replied to me. I have never made a comment about gaming. So your reply is disingenuous.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dan Snyder got the boot & now the Commanders are flourishing.

I really hope the same happens to Bidwill real soon.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Swerve from what? Because some on this board were foolish enough to think we would have a good offense going into this season? You won't find a quote from me saying that. There is very little talent there.
James Conner
Trey McBride
MHJ
Paris Johnson
Froholdt
Hernandez

are all solid to really good players on offense. The talent to be good is there. The QB does not appear to be. If he needs more than this then he isn't it. You can't field All Star teams in the NFL.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
However, it kind of gives that impression. IMO, the Cardinals are building around the wrong quarterback.
If they were building it around him he should have a hell of a lot better OC don’t you think? Don’t you think maybe you should roll out your Uber fast athletic QB? Maybe have a few plays for him to take off? This was a poo game plan and just assuming Wash D is bad after 3 weeks is comical, they have much more talent than we do and provided a constant pass rush and blanketed our receivers, but yeah let’s just run the ball be predictable take the two best players on the team in MHJ and Kyler and relegate them to the poopy vanilla play calling lol….

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the coaches sending Kyler out to hand the ball off as we ran out the clock was telling..
Yeah telling that the game was far decided so why do anything crazy hand off a few times and end the misery… not sure what in the world anyone would read into that but go ahead enlighten everyone?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unless Kyler's hurt and they are hiding it, I don't know. Only thing I can think is that Pet was feeling himself and all the praise after the first two weeks and he wanted to make sure it was all about him
This is next level cope.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they were building it around him he should have a hell of a lot better OC don’t you think? Don’t you think maybe you should roll out your Uber fast athletic QB? Maybe have a few plays for him to take off? This was a poo game plan and just assuming Wash D is bad after 3 weeks is comical, they have much more talent than we do and provided a constant pass rush and blanketed our receivers, but yeah let’s just run the ball be predictable take the two best players on the thems in MHJ and Kyler and relegate them to the poopy vanilla play calling lol….

It's not always just the staff. Sometimes it is both the staff and the players.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
James Conner
Trey McBride
MHJ
Paris Johnson
Froholdt
Hernandez

are all solid to really good players on offense. The talent to be good is there. The QB does not appear to be. If he needs more than this then he isn't it. You can't field All Star teams in the NFL.

Chopper, I'm not saying Kyler was great today, I'm not. I'll go with "average". If you want to say "he stunk" fine. I'm not going to argue any more.

Can you just please answer me one or two questions?

Why does a guy who's averaging 11 yards a carry not have one designed run called for him all game?

Why does the QB with the best QB rating while outside the pocket not have one roll out called for him all game?

It's DP's job to put Murray in a position to succeed. Isn't it fair to say that's not happening?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah telling that the game was far decided so why do anything crazy hand off a few times and end the misery… not sure what in the world anyone would read into that but go ahead enlighten everyone?
Tune is in at QB every other time we’ve been in that scenario

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
James Conner
Trey McBride
MHJ
Paris Johnson
Froholdt
Hernandez

Conner, Froholdt, and Hernandez are replacement level players.

Johnson is young and it's his first year at LT. He's doing decent but not much above average.

MHJ is a rookie playing his 4th game

Mcbride is above average at his position but obviously not out there today

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake