Commanders at Cardinals gameday thread 9-29-24

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was the worse performance under Gannon.

I think the team rolled into this game expecting a win. I think the offense thought it was going to be a walk in the park against a defense that has been poor. I'm sure the staff said all the right things but this felt like one of those games where everyone turned up thinking the win was in the bank.

Same thing happened yesterday with the Steelers and the Jets.
What gives this team the right to overlook a team?

They haven't earned anything

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks! So tradeable, just not cutable. Trade it is, then :)

If they try to trade him he becomes valueless. The mere fact they want to move on after hyping him up so much would be a huge red flag.

Plus teams should really have wised up to this by now. DeShaun Watson and Russell Wilson have both been huge expensive busts. Aaron Rodgers has done little for the Jets. Matt Ryan was trash in Indy.

The only big QB trade in recent history that has worked is the Matt Stafford and Jared Goff swaps.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was the worse performance under Gannon.

I think the team rolled into this game expecting a win. I think the offense thought it was going to be a walk in the park against a defense that has been poor. I'm sure the staff said all the right things but this felt like one of those games where everyone turned up thinking the win was in the bank.

Same thing happened yesterday with the Steelers and the Jets.
The idea that a Gannon team, that has previously gone 5-15 under him, thought they were gonna stroll into any game and it would be a W would be an organizational failure.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The idea that a Gannon team, that has previously gone 5-15 under him, thought they were gonna stroll into any game and it would be a W would be an organizational failure.

Like I say, I doubt this coaching staff made those noises, it's often a subconscious thing rather than overt, but I think it was quite obvious a bunch of players expected an easier game, especially on offense. Kyler being the main culprit.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Like I say, I doubt this coaching staff made those noises, it's often a subconscious thing rather than overt, but I think it was quite obvious a bunch of players expected an easier game, especially on offense. Kyler being the main culprit.
This is 100% conjecture. Particularly making kyler the “main culprit.” We don’t know Jack about these guys’ mindsets going into a game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't hear his press conference after the game yesterday. But, the clip i saw didn't really reflect any sense of disappointment in how the team was prepared. Instead, he was saying the "positive" was going to be the game film so they can correct mistakes and be ready for next week.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't hear his press conference after the game yesterday. But, the clip i saw didn't really reflect any sense of disappointment in how the team was prepared. Instead, he was saying the "positive" was going to be the game film so they can correct mistakes and be ready for next week.

He’s got Brandon Staley written all over him right now. Defensive coach who’s defenses are awful, no identity and consistently makes terrible fourth down decisions.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said they need to improve in all 3 phases of the game - offense, defense, and special teams. He said they need to stick with the process and the process works. He took on the blame for the loss. Said they need to be better prepared and have better overall coaching and ultimately that leads back to him.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He said they need to improve in all 3 phases of the game - offense, defense, and special teams. He said they need to stick with the process and the process works. He took on the blame for the loss. Said they need to be better prepared and have better overall coaching and ultimately that leads back to him.
So, garbage talk. No, worse than garbage talk because the process clearly doesn't work. Now is the time to go off script because your script is, actually, garbage. Ugh. Faith in Gannon is pretty low right now.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that the defense isn't supposed to be the strength of the team but I just don't understand the 3 man rush that the Cardinals used the majority of the game. Daniels was so comfortable back there he could have been sitting a La-Z-Boy while he waited for someone to get open.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake