Do you guys think Bell will get a one-game suspension?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
baltimorer said:
So you HAVE been reading my posts!

Well, you said that I was some obnoxious kid who got banned on this forumn like 5 years ago and now is back trying to annoy people with his nonsensical bullsh... er, I mean nonsense. Now, obviously you didn't say that word-for-word, but that's my impression of therealhardaway from prior references, so to insinuate that is just the same.

Um, you need to settle down. I've never had you on ignore, and I've never claimed to have you on ignore, so you need to read what you're writing and start coming up with an apology, because I never said anything about nonsensical whatever.

Obviously I didn't say that word-for-word? Well, no kidding, sherlock. I never said any of it.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
LOL

I didn't even say anything in this thread about you other than who you are.

And I still trust that the doctors knew what they were doing. Amare's left knee was fine, and it STILL is fine.

OK, now you're just taunting Eric. :rolleyes::lol:

baltimorer--I guess if you don't want to be confused with TRH, you need to change your posting style. Maybe Chap can give you some pointers. ;)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
OK, now you're just taunting Eric. :rolleyes::lol:

baltimorer--I guess if you don't want to be confused with TRH, you need to change your posting style. Maybe Chap can give you some pointers. ;)

Or at least deny that he even is therealhardaway. Personally, I don't care. I never had him on ignore in the first place. Maybe he got me confused with Eric, I don't know.:shrug:

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
one last thing on this and i'll go to bed. bell will get suspended because it was kobe. just like if smush parker would have done this to nash, parker would be suspended because it is nash. the league obviously wants to protect their best players and make it well known to other players that they can't commit fouls like this against star players. just like quarterbacks get treated differently in the nfl, superstars get treated differently in the nba. not saying if this is right or wrong. the nba is a business and they don't want their most valuable assets i.e. kobe, nash, lebron etc. getting hurt.

tlim

Reaction score
I think there is a difference between Luke's foul and Bell's foul. Remember, that Raja's was a flagrant 2, and Walton's was a flagrant 1.

But that's not the difference. The biggest difference between the two fouls between Walton and Raja is that when the foul was made, Raja just wanted to hurt Kobe, no matter what. He wasn't anywhere near the basket, and it wasn't to even try to prevent him from making a basket.

Raja just wanted to deck him, and found an excuse to deck him, when the chance arose.

I think that's what Stu will look at.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
bko32 said:
just like if smush parker would have done this to nash, parker would be suspended because it is nash.

You really think so? Because I'm thinking they would call it a "clean strip". :lol:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
ROFL, excellent. Baltimorer describes t.r.h. as "an obnoxious kid who got banned like five years ago," when nowhere has it been recently revealed that t.r.h. was "obnoxious" (even though he was), a "kid" (even though he probably was, and only the person himself would know for sure), or that the first banning happened about five years ago (which it did).

Classic.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like the fact that he blames me for "bringing him down".

You can blame me for a lot of things on this board (right, Mike? Chris?), but causing baltimorer to cry about posting here is definitely not one of them.

:D

HooverDam

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
well, everyone's referring to him standing over him afterward - it was an elbow, down low and a hard foul, but a bordeline suspension call - it wasn't an arm around the throat, predmeditated - ah, screw it - there was a reason I stopped reading and posting here - a total lack of objectivity.

Go Suns.

Oh come on now. I have been one of the most objective posters in this thread. I beg you, watch the Kwame video. There was nothing borderline about Kwames play. I've played plenty of basketball, hard elbows sometimes do happen. But there is NO reason to fully extend your arm to try to knock someone out like Kwame did. And the taunting at the end of the play just shows he did it on purpose.

But I agree w/ your last sentiment, Go Suns.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
tlim said:
I think there is a difference between Luke's foul and Bell's foul. Remember, that Raja's was a flagrant 2, and Walton's was a flagrant 1.

But that's not the difference. The biggest difference between the two fouls between Walton and Raja is that when the foul was made, Raja just wanted to hurt Kobe, no matter what. He wasn't anywhere near the basket, and it wasn't to even try to prevent him from making a basket.

Raja just wanted to deck him, and found an excuse to deck him, when the chance arose.

I think that's what Stu will look at.

Nice post up until the point you played mind reader.

Raja said he just lost his head a little and admitted it was a mistake.

I don't think he tried to hurt anyone. He meant to foul him hard and did.
As soon as Raja doesn't follow through Kobe makes it an and 1.

Bell's foul was more flagrant but Waltons came closer to hurting someone.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the front office will suspend Raja because the refs have let this series get out of control and this will be a place where they can step in and play clean up.

I don't think Raja deserves a suspension but I think he will to send a statement

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He clotheslined him, and then slapped him in the head with his other hand on the way down. If the clothesline itself doesn't get a suspension, the slap will.

And the clothesline will get one, no doubt in my mind...you can seriously injure someone like that. He'll be lucky that the extra swipe to the head doesn't earn him a second game, if it gets that far.

Rajina is the weakest little girl on your team...I can't stand his flopping and whining, and neither can Kobe. It's fitting that although Rajina is pushing and shoving just as much as Kobe, that the girl took the b move and clotheslined Kobe.

If you think that what Luke did is even in the same stratosphere as what Raja did, you need some help. If you are going to start taking it to the Kwame foul, then you need to return to Earth because that is just ridiculous.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Rajina is the weakest little girl on your team...I can't stand his flopping and whining, and neither can Kobe. It's fitting that although Rajina is pushing and shoving just as much as Kobe, that the girl took the b move and clotheslined Kobe.

I'm sorry but there is a long history of cheap shots on Raja from Kobe going back to the 1st game of the season where Kobe elbowed him in the mouth and cut him up prety good. I don't understand how you can call him a little girl and completely ignore Kobe blatent elbows he throws Karl Malone style

sacrebleu

Reaction score
I usually just lurk opponent's forums during the playoffs but I just had to register and put in my 2cents on this...

That was a freaking dirty play. You can see the hate in Bell's eyes when he was sizing up Kobe for that take down. Walton's & Kwame's fouls were both unwarranted and rightly got flagrants but those were in the heat of battle. What Bell did was premeditated, calculated and meant to do harm. Bell himself admitted he was retaliating in the post-game.

If Posey's suspension sets any kind of precedent, Bell stays home on Thursday.

For the record, I picked the Suns in six. I believe Nash deserves the MVP and have catched almost all the Suns games when they are televised. I understand the homer tendency to justify Bell's actions but any true fan of the game has to admit that crap like that has no place in basketball.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
He clotheslined him, and then slapped him in the head with his other hand on the way down. If the clothesline itself doesn't get a suspension, the slap will.

And the clothesline will get one, no doubt in my mind...you can seriously injure someone like that. He'll be lucky that the extra swipe to the head doesn't earn him a second game, if it gets that far.

If you think that what Luke did is even in the same stratosphere as what Raja did, you need some help. If you are going to start taking it to the Kwame foul, then you need to return to Earth because that is just ridiculous.

Here we go......

.... we're even.

Let's play some ball. Everybody pull their skirts up.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I hate to agree here, but he's right. Luke and Brown's flagrants at least came somewhat within the context of the game. Players get fouled hard going to the hoop in nearly every playoff game. Players throw cheapshot elbows in nearly every game, including tonight when both Kobe and Tim Thomas were guilty of said infraction.

But players don't clothesline a non-shooter 20 feet from the hoop and then smack him on his way down without even showing somewhat of an attempt to play defense. Raja is probably gone for the series and in all honesty, he probably deserves it. Had Smush Parker done something similar to Nash what would this board's reaction be?

mribnik

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

I guess I need some help then. A flagrant foul on somebody who is in the air is just as dangerous as what Raja did. It didn't look as bad because Tim Thomas is 6'10" and was able to land on his butt. If he doesn't correct himself, he breaks his wrist or worse. Raja's foul was ridiculous, but if Raja Bell fouled Kobe while Kobe was going up for a dunk, like Walton fouled Tim Thomas, it would've looked just as bad, if not worse.

mribnik

Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Players get fouled hard going to the hoop in nearly every playoff game.

They absolutely do. However, that was a flagrant foul on a player that was airborn. That's dangerous.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I hate to agree here, but he's right. Luke and Brown's flagrants at least came somewhat within the context of the game. Players get fouled hard going to the hoop in nearly every playoff game. Players throw cheapshot elbows in nearly every game, including tonight when both Kobe and Tim Thomas were guilty of said infraction.

But players don't clothesline a non-shooter 20 feet from the hoop and then smack him on his way down without even showing somewhat of an attempt to play defense. Raja is probably gone for the series and in all honesty, he probably deserves it. Had Smush Parker done something similar to Nash what would this board's reaction be?

Did you see Kwame's 'bow? That's a "suspendable" offense. But, the NBA chose to ignore it.

The NBA set a precedent by letting Kwame get away with it.

Fast forward to Bell's meltdown tonight.

How can the NBA suspend Bell, but not Kwame?

You can't be picking and choosing. If an elbow is thrown upstairs, a player is maliciously clotheslined, or someone's getting their balls grabbed... you have to remain consistent with the suspensions.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I'm sorry but there is a long history of cheap shots on Raja from Kobe going back to the 1st game of the season where Kobe elbowed him in the mouth and cut him up prety good. I don't understand how you can call him a little girl and completely ignore Kobe blatent elbows he throws Karl Malone style

They have been chippy with each other since Bell first came in the league. They both dislike the other, regardless what they say (when they say they don't at least). There is so much contact BOTH WAYS with those guys it's stupid. Bell clutches and grabs all the time, and Kobe throws elbows..both creating space.

What Raja did was a straight up b move, and to see some of you defending him is really sad. That kind of malicious act not even on the ball deserves no place in basketball...and his smile afterward guarantees his suspension.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
sacrebleu said:
I usually just lurk opponent's forums during the playoffs but I just had to register and put in my 2cents on this...

That was a freaking dirty play. You can see the hate in Bell's eyes when he was sizing up Kobe for that take down. Walton's & Kwame's fouls were both unwarranted and rightly got flagrants but those were in the heat of battle. What Bell did was premeditated, calculated and meant to do harm. Bell himself admitted he was retaliating in the post-game.

If Posey's suspension sets any kind of precedent, Bell stays home on Thursday.

For the record, I picked the Suns in six. I believe Nash deserves the MVP and have catched almost all the Suns games when they are televised. I understand the homer tendency to justify Bell's actions but any true fan of the game has to admit that crap like that has no place in basketball.

Just because "its in the heat of battle" does not excuse cheapshot, thug tactics. I don't care if it was a Suns player or not. All 3 deserved suspensions. PERIOD

To excuse two and have the 3rd have major consequences only leads to one conclusion ... a double standard set in the league. If you let the 1st 2 go, the 3rd should not result in a suspension

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sly fly said:
Did you see Kwame's 'bow? That's a "suspendable" offense. But, the NBA chose to ignore it.

The NBA set a precedent by letting Kwame get away with it.

Fast forward to Bell's meltdown tonight.

How can the NBA suspend Bell, but not Kwame?

You can't be picking and choosing. If an elbow is thrown upstairs, a player is maliciously clotheslined, or someone's getting their balls grabbed... you have to remain consistent with the suspensions.

Because the NBA says anything on the neck is a suspension...Kobe got two for a malicious elbow to the throat on Mike Miller in the regular season.

Bell gets at least one. I really wouldn't be suprised at two.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at the game and it looked disgusting. I'm watching it on the DVR right now, and just watched it at game speed.

That's a suspension. No doubt. Absolute cheap shot with no remorse.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Because the NBA says anything on the neck is a suspension...Kobe got two for a malicious elbow to the throat on Mike Miller in the regular season.

Bell gets at least one. I really wouldn't be suprised at two.

So grabbing somebody by the balls and then yanking isn't suspendable but hitting the neck is. Now there's a precedent for you