John DeFilippo Film Study

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Man, talk about impressive attention to detail and coming up with new wrinkles each week, particularly in red zone preparation.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've heard a lot about it being a gimmick in philly. I can't remember who it was on NFL network said it was the system that they run and the fact there O-line is so dominate really helps pretty much any NFL QB can suceed if they have time.

Look at Prescott now this year his line isn't there and it's on him now and it's showing

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t forget Mitch, he made a rookie Derek Carr look solid & even got something out of Johnny Manziel as well.

He’s similar to McVay. He absolutely should be our #1 target.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Don’t forget Mitch, he made a rookie Derek Carr look solid & even got something out of Johnny Manziel as well.

He’s similar to McVay. He absolutely should be our #1 target.

I think he's going to get one of the HC jobs. What veteran QB would be a match for JDF? I'm wondering if Kurt Cousins would be JDF's guy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he's going to get one of the HC jobs. What veteran QB would be a match for JDF? I'm wondering if Kurt Cousins would be JDF's guy.
I don’t know, but I know a pairing of him & Lamar would be amazing.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do not get overly impressed with these videos of commenting after the fact because I think a lot of coaches would impress us if they allow us into their think tank and scheming... I bet for all the shrapnel we give Arians, if he did a video like this we would be equally impressed with him

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jackson scares me he weights like a 150 soaking wet

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
DeFilippo is just the kind of young coach i have been mentioning this year that I hope the Cards pursue. Out with the old regime of recycled coaches. It's a new era in the nfl and we need to get out in front of it, or we will remain also rans for another coaching generation.

I am thrilled we are looking at Arians swan song. It's simple what to do now if Arians, Fitz, and Palmer are gone, and personally I would send them packing on the same train out of town with exception of Fitz, who I would keep on as a future WR coach (letting him play another year if that is what it takes).

The first thing is to get OUR guy for coach. Secure healthier and younger experienced QB for next couple years, while making whatever move we have to make to draft the kid our new coach wants to groom as our long term franchise QB. Spend a year or two, if it takes that long, to build a fricken OL to protect the new kid. Make some trades or deals to acquire as many draft choices that we can. If we can't get our future qb this draft, this might be a year to trade our #1 to get a second, third, and #1 for 2019.

Whatever the case, I hope we reshape the whole thing .... The future begins now. Have a completed new product to begin the 2020 decade .... With new uniforms, slogan, the works....including "new" name - The Arizona Card-i-nals'

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
DeFilippo is just the kind of young coach i have been mentioning this year that I hope the Cards pursue. Out with the old regime of recycled coaches. It's a new era in the nfl and we need to get out in front of it, or we will remain also rans for another coaching generation.

I am thrilled we are looking at Arians swan song. It's simple what to do now if Arians, Fitz, and Palmer are gone, and personally I would send them packing on the same train out of town with exception of Fitz, who I would keep on as a future WR coach (letting him play another year if that is what it takes).

The first thing is to get OUR guy for coach. Secure healthier and younger experienced QB for next couple years, while making whatever move we have to make to draft the kid our new coach wants to groom as our long term franchise QB. Spend a year or two, if it takes that long, to build a fricken OL to protect the new kid. Make some trades or deals to acquire as many draft choices that we can. If we can't get our future qb this draft, this might be a year to trade our #1 to get a second, third, and #1 for 2019.

Whatever the case, I hope we reshape the whole thing .... The future begins now. Have a completed new product to begin the 2020 decade .... With new uniforms, slogan, the works....including "new" name - The Arizona Card-i-nals'

I agree. We need a new energy, better organization and smarter game planning.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I have some serious doubts here

One single year as a coordinator in the NFL

Works for an offensive coach Philly. How much of that thinking is Doug Pederson's, with this guy implementing?

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One year as a coordinator with the mighty 2015 Browns, the rest as a QB coach and you guys are ready to give him the reins of the whole team? Is it just blind hope that this guy will bring "better organization and smarter game planning"?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
One year as a coordinator with the mighty 2015 Browns, the rest as a QB coach and you guys are ready to give him the reins of the whole team? Is it just blind hope that this guy will bring "better organization and smarter game planning"?

Any head coach is only as good as the bright minds he brings on board with him. I would take this "kid" over any of the repackaged older guys floating around, with maybe the exception of Chucky. He would be a hoot to be around, although I doubt that he has the energy to put in the 24 hour days the younger guys have.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Any head coach is only as good as the bright minds he brings on board with him. I would take this "kid" over any of the repackaged older guys floating around, with maybe the exception of Chucky. He would be a hoot to be around, although I doubt that he has the energy to put in the 24 hour days the younger guys have.

Sure, the assistants and position coaches matter. I think we can all agree on that here. This guy is not even the coordinator for the Eagles, who have an offensive minded HC overseeing everything, and some are ready to make him the Head Coach.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Sure, the assistants and position coaches matter. I think we can all agree on that here. This guy is not even the coordinator for the Eagles, who have an offensive minded HC overseeing everything, and some are ready to make him the Head Coach.

You are correct, but as I said "DeFilippo is just the 'kind of young coach' I have been mentioning". If not him, someone along those lines young, vibrant, intelligent, an up and comer. The next Joe Bugel ..... I mean Jeff Fisher .... no, that's not it, uh, help me out here ........ uh, uh

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
You can tell the guy knows his stuff. I wouldn't mind him as the OC. I haven't seen enough of him to know if he would be a good head coach or not. I personally would like to see a guy have at least a few years as a coordinator before handing him the reigns.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You can tell the guy knows his stuff. I wouldn't mind him as the OC. I haven't seen enough of him to know if he would be a good head coach or not. I personally would like to see a guy have at least a few years as a coordinator before handing him the reigns.
Shurmur as HC and DeFilipo as OC??

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry but he needs more than one good season for me.