Leinart is not our QBOF

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
In his first two starts, he was clearly NOT locking on to 1 WR...and that was against Chicago and KC...two of the best defenses in the NFL.

Absolute gut wrenching losses, a change at OC, and defenses adjusting to him and their ability to stop the run without 8 man fronts, have contributed to a lack of confidence and some bad habits, IMO. Plummer, Losman, and others have never shown the quality read progression that Leinart had in his first two games...he will get it back. He is a winner, a champion, and not only our QBOF, but could end up being the best QB in Cardinal history.

Wow...what a thread.

I am very disappointed in myself for this post. :) I loved drafting Leinart at #10...thought it was the greatest day in Cardinal history at the time. I look back and don't remember when I changed my mind about that.

K9 is still the voice of reason.

Love seeing a post from Skkorp!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wow...what a thread.

I am very disappointed in myself for this post. :) I loved drafting Leinart at #10...thought it was the greatest day in Cardinal history at the time. I look back and don't remember when I changed my mind about that.

And a post by Duckjake :)

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that if Denny Green had stuck around(in more ways than one) that Leinart's career would have gone a lot differently. Whis/Haley got the most out of Warner but their approach seems to be much more geared toward a seasoned vet who needs to focus than it is in developing a young QB. Considering all their other stops since then.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that if Denny Green had stuck around(in more ways than one) that Leinart's career would have gone a lot differently. Whis/Haley got the most out of Warner but their approach seems to be much more geared toward a seasoned vet who needs to focus than it is in developing a young QB. Considering all their other stops since then.
Haley doing pretty good in Cleveland with a rookie.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leinart should come back and bring the cards to glory! Oh wait he is probably beer bongin with hot college girls somwwhere.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Wow...what a thread.

Man you went all in on Hollywood Matt Leinart. :)

Cut yourself some slack. It's really hard to evaluate QBs, and Matty showed pretty well for his first few games. A lot of people bought into the hype.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Be that as it may but Leinart was made of glass. He was given the opportunity to take over the Texans and he lasted what, half a game?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Be that as it may but Leinart was made of glass. He was given the opportunity to take over the Texans and he lasted what, half a game?
His injuries certainly suggest that he probably would have had to deal with them regardless of which team he was on but I don't know if it's as cut and dried as that.

But I was talking about the coaching and schemes that he got as a Cardinal. Denny seemed to get the best out of him while Whis/Haley seemed to chew up what good there was.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Apparently he wasn't willing to put in the work required to be an NFL QB and wanted the reins handed over to him. That didn't go over well with Whiz/Haley.

Dont' know about Rosen's work ethic ... hopefully history will not repeat itself.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I remember Leinart’s first start vs the Chiefs. After the first qtr I thought he was the franchise QB. He hit Q for a bomb and hit Larry for a TD. We were up 14-0 then gave it up. Next was the Bears on MNF. :eek:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I remember Leinart’s first start vs the Chiefs. After the first qtr I thought he was the franchise QB. He hit Q for a bomb and hit Larry for a TD. We were up 14-0 then gave it up. Next was the Bears on MNF. :eek:

Paired with Fitz and Q in their prime. Then he took his eye off of football AND broke his collarbone. Never had arm strength and was older than Rosen as a rook

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the greatest thread bump ever.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow, this brings back memories. I remember the MNF game so well, as many do, thanks in part to Green's epic postgame rant. But after the first half, after Leinart TD passes to Bryant Johnson and Anquan Boldin, the Cards were up 20-0. Leinart looked like a possible QBOF at that point.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

IIRC, he did alright early in the game (Chicago), then the coach handcuffed him with play calling.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Leinart's issue was off the field. Too much partying, overly entitled, and didn't work on his craft.

But yeah, he looked great as a rookie especially those first two games that Chokers blew.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know what's great about this thread... pretty much EVERYONE is massively wrong about at least one thing.

I admit... I thought Matt was the real deal. I can still remember meeting Ouchie in the beer garden at Coachella a couple hours after he was drafted and we were jumping around and dancing in celebration that we just drafted the next Joe Montana. And after the way he showed in those first two games, we were even more certain of it.

Hell, I even argued that Matt needed to start over Warner AFTER Warner's half season where he lit up the stat sheet on TDs and turnovers. But that pre-season before the Super Bowl year he just looked atrocious and after that disastrous 3rd game against the Raiders, I finally realized we were WRONG. Just DEAD wrong.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Hell, I even argued that Matt needed to start over Warner AFTER Warner's half season where he lit up the stat sheet on TDs and turnovers. But that pre-season before the Super Bowl year he just looked atrocious and after that disastrous 3rd game against the Raiders, I finally realized we were WRONG. Just DEAD wrong.

......hmm, some of us continued to fight even after the Raiders game. :doofus:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Nice.

One of the few Leinart threads where I kept my mouth shut. We can keep my madness hidden thank you very much. LOL

Me too. Surprised I didn't weigh in...I was SO hoping (and convinced in my head at least) he was the real deal.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know what's great about this thread... pretty much EVERYONE is massively wrong about at least one thing.

I admit... I thought Matt was the real deal. I can still remember meeting Ouchie in the beer garden at Coachella a couple hours after he was drafted and we were jumping around and dancing in celebration that we just drafted the next Joe Montana. And after the way he showed in those first two games, we were even more certain of it.

I was actually pleasently surprised with what i wrote. Looking back, it was a solid take of where Leinart was at the time. Yeah, he had flashed great but some red flags were starting to flash the more.he played that year.

I miss on a lot of things, so that is why i was surprised to read what i wrote.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05