Minnesota Fan Source Reports KG in talks with Suns

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
darnit! I've been away from the board for two hours! I was fullu expecting to come back and find that the trade had gone down, or at least there had been twenty new posts on the subject! booooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean, and I'm sure so does everyone else. Everytime you're away from the computer for a while you hold your breath when you open up your browser.

I changed my homepage from espn.com to this forum for luck and also I don't want to open up firefox and Immediately see a Big picture of KG saying something like "Celtic Ticket!." I'd rather get this news by seeing a depressed thread on this page.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
By the way, if the NBA is unhappy about Garnett going to Phoenix. Besides David Stern probably nixing any trade for the Suns.

Why would they be unhappy if Minnesota played in europe with Amare instead of KG?

I watched a documentation on the life of Boris Becker's ex-wife and her 2 boys in Miami and guess whose picture her oldest son (13) had in his room? Amare Stoudemire.

Minnesota probably gets Ratliff, Thomas, #5 , Atlantas picks and more picks and is going to Europe with their biggest stars being Ricky Davis, #5 and Foye.

(Or Barbosa)
I think the Suns don't want to give up Marion and Barbosa for Garnett, that might be the sticky point. Maybe the Suns gave in , who knows. I sure hope the Suns don't value Marion and Barbosa more than Amare.

what if minny gave up foye and phoenix gave up LB?

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you want hope garnett will force his way to phoenix over boston, determined to get a title, this is the best I can give you (remember this is at halfway 2 years ago, he had two and a half years of things getting even worse, imagine how he feels now):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef-f7EeDpYI 4:20/7:00 in particular

Last edited:
OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Man I just hope we don't give up Amare..

Marion , Thomas, Barbosa, Atlanta pick, #29, 2009 pick for Garnett and Jaric.

That's is the absolute most I could imagine us giving up. And I don't think the Suns would offer that much.

Is that worse than Boston's deal though? I say no way.

Marion = #5 Ratliff
Barbosa = Al Jefferson
(Barbosa is signed for 5yrs/30M$ and proved himself on a great team, Jefferson will look for a max extension this summer and hasn't proved himself on any team other than a EC team for just half a season that purposedly lost games)
Thomas, and the picks are better than marginal young talents as Gomes or Green combined with Wally Sczerbiak.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The team that gets the Superstar always gets the most out of the trade. If you have a shot at KG, you go get him and worry about finding role players later.

Trade whatever it takes while keeping Amare & Nash and we will be a great team.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Jaric has a big contract, and the T-Wolves at one time said if they move KG they wanted to move Jaric also. He is a 6' 7" point guard that has never quite lived up to his hype. Here is his next four years salaries. Maybe he can play suns style basketball.?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,050,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,575,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,100,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,625,000[/FONT]

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
Jaric has a big contract, and the T-Wolves at one time said if they move KG they wanted to move Jaric also. He is a 6' 7" point guard that has never quite lived up to his hype. Here is his next four years salaries. Maybe he can play suns style basketball.?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,050,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,575,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,100,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,625,000[/FONT]

ugh.

the suns will add another internatinal player..

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
I would describe Jaric as a rich man's Casey Jacobsen--a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. He's not as exciting as John Salmons and makes significantly more money, but on the other hand, Jesus Christ probably wouldn't object if he was traded to Phoenix.

IMO Jaric could potentially challenge James Jones for JR's spot in the rotation, but the Suns will be eating $14m worth of excess salary if they take his contract.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Jaric thing was just quickly thought up but it actually works under the cap..Marion, Thomas, Barbosa for Garnett and Jaric.

sunsfn

Reaction score
I would describe Jaric as a rich man's Casey Jacobsen--a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. He's not as exciting as John Salmons and makes significantly more money, but on the other hand, Jesus Christ probably wouldn't object if he was traded to Phoenix.

IMO Jaric could potentially challenge James Jones for JR's spot in the rotation, but the Suns will be eating $14m worth of excess salary if they take his contract.

That is a lot of $$ to take along with the big KG contract.

It would be much better if they could get Ricky Davis who the Wolves also are trying to move. He will be on the last year of his contract at [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,817,500.[/FONT]

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Jaric is terrible, but I can imagine some scenarios where the Suns sweeten their offer by agreeing to take him on.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
It would be much better if they could get Ricky Davis who the Wolves also are trying to move. He will be on the last year of his contract at [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,817,500.[/FONT]
Davis' contract would be better, but IMO the Suns would have a better chance to win with Jaric.

Ricky's problem isn't his attitude as much as his fundamentals. For his size and athleticism, he might be the weakest defender in the league.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Wolves might try to move Davis but the thing is that Davis probably has value while Jaric has less value than Marcus Banks.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Davis' contract would be better, but IMO the Suns would have a better chance to win with Jaric.

Ricky's problem isn't his attitude as much as his fundamentals. For his size and athleticism, he might be the weakest defender in the league.

At this point if you are starting to talk the difference in these players, Jaric may be a better defensive player than Davis, but I have seen Davis just bury other teams with his offense and I have never seen Jaric do this. Jaric seems to miss most important shots in a game. On the Suns he would have open shots and that may be a big help to him, but the contract is "YIKES"!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I just hope we don't give up Amare..

Marion , Thomas, Barbosa, Atlanta pick, #29, 2009 pick for Garnett and Jaric.

That's is the absolute most I could imagine us giving up. And I don't think the Suns would offer that much.

Is that worse than Boston's deal though? I say no way.

Marion = #5 Ratliff
Barbosa = Al Jefferson
(Barbosa is signed for 5yrs/30M$ and proved himself on a great team, Jefferson will look for a max extension this summer and hasn't proved himself on any team other than a EC team for just half a season that purposedly lost games)

uh, man, do I think this is just so wrong on every level. You've said many times that Marion's gonna opt-out next year, right? So, he and Ratliff are basically expiring contracts as neither are likely part of Minny future, so really the Marion = #5 Ratliff comes out to:

Expiring deal < #5 pick + Expiring Deal

And Barbosa = Jefferson? On what planet? Big is ALWAYS valued over small, especially REALLY Young PROMISING BIG, over small combo guard. I don't care what Barbs' contract is, he's a sixth man and a great one, but Jefferson is a BUILDING BLOCK DOWN LOW, who can REPLACE KG, which is what the Wolves would be looking for more than anything in any deal.

There's no way, Marion and Barbs is a better deal than #5 and Jefferson for a team that's looking at a complete rebuilding job. One player's already in his prime and looking at FA, likely to leave and the other is a sixth man, as opposed to a high lotto pick in a great draft, cap space and a young stud big who has only scratched the surface.

If the Celts offer that up, we ain't getting KG.

Texsun

Reaction score
Didn't the Celtics pick up Jefferson's option for next year? So in reality Jefferson is only under contract through next year as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't the Celtics pick up Jefferson's option for next year? So in reality Jefferson is only under contract through next year as well.

if that's the case, he's still a restricted FA next year where the Wolves can match and goabove any offer made to him and could offer him the most money.

cly2tw

Reaction score
If Jaric is in the trade, I'd guess we'd be including Diaw, Banks, and JR instead of Thomas and LB. Jaric's contract is much worse than Banks. Yet, he might be a reasonable fit with LB for the back court.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Al Jefferson is up for an extension this offseason I believe and he will likely look for max dollars or near max dollars.

Also cheese, Barbosa is definately a lot more proven than Jefferson. If you look at it Jefferson has done nothing so far except putting up like 17/11 for half a season on a team that purposedly lost games.

First of I don't think Barbosa has less value than Jefferson and 2nd of all no way is Jefferson superior to Barbosa and Atlantas pick.

The Wolves also have a very high payroll as it is. They would approach the luxury tax still after Ratliff expires because Jeffersons extension would eat up all that plus adding 2 lottery picks from 2007 and another from 2008.

And the Marion - Ratliff #5 analogy you made is simply wrong. They are both expiring contracts but Marion could either be used by the Wolves in another trade or resigned when he opts out. Whatever the Wolves prefer... heck they might actually just acquire him and trade him to Boston for Ratliff and #5.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al Jefferson is up for an extension this offseason I believe and he will likely look for max dollars or near max dollars.

Also cheese, Barbosa is definately a lot more proven than Jefferson. If you look at it Jefferson has done nothing so far except putting up like 17/11 for half a season on a team that purposedly lost games.

again, when people just blatantly lie to make their argument stronger, I usually stop paying attention to what they're saying. 69 games, 16 and 11, 1.5blks - how that's "half a season" is beyond me, but if distorting the facts is your only option, than again, I'm done discussing another issue with you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
again, when people just blatantly lie to make their argument stronger, I usually stop paying attention to what they're saying. 69 games, 16 and 11, 1.5blks - how that's "half a season" is beyond me, but if distorting the facts is your only option, than again, I'm done discussing another issue with you.

Oh sorry for not looking up the details of this but the idea is the same

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3832/splits;_ylt=AnZaX6LRM7A3QQGJlWXx01mkvLYF

Pre Allstar game he averaged just 13/10 and shot 48%.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
On a team that didn't even try to win games ... Its not a surprise he got those statistics when Pierce sat out as well.

We will just disagree and I will leave it at that, and the 1 year age difference between Barbosa and Jefferson hardly matters.

Just for comparions sake, Barbosa averaged 18ppg 3rpg 4apg and over a steal per game off the bench for a GREAT team. I don't want to imagine what numbers he could have put up on a god awful team like Boston as the #1 option.

You are not going to convince me that Jefferson is more valueable than Barbosa on the trade market especially considering contract situation and there is no way in hell you could convince me he is worth more than Barbosa and Atlantas pick combined, no way..

PS: Post Allstar Game Barbosa averaged over 20ppg 3rpg 4apg on 49.5%FG and 46.7%3pt%.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS: Post Allstar Game Barbosa averaged over 20ppg 3rpg 4apg on 49.5%FG and 46.7%3pt%.

PS: Post AllStar game, Jefferson averaged 20 PPG, 11.5 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocks, 55 % shooting... and this on a team where defenses actually keyed on him because there was nothing else on the team except for Pierce for a brief period, as opposed to Barbs, where teams had to worry about Nash, Marion and Amare, giving him WIDE-OPEN shots.

and I don't have to convince you, you're wrong - size is always valued over small combo guards and to think otherwise, well, hell, i don't even need to say anything more.