Minnesota Fan Source Reports KG in talks with Suns

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
darnit, I know! why do you think I keep slamming every time slin says where he talks about our deal being better than the C's!

but your right - total BS. Complete and utter BS. Believing we're going to get Garnett is like believing that Duncan and Bowen were gonna be suspended. Sometimes (or, all the time for Suns fans seemingly) life just isn't fair!

btw - did anyone flip through late night channels and vomit when they saw Bruce Bowen on the Tonight Show with Leno? It took every ounce of restraint not to get up and throw my TV out the window. Duncan, Parker oreven Ginobli I can buy, but BRUCE FREAKING BOWEN - ON THE TONIGHT SHOW?!

God enjoys torturing Suns fans. There's no other explanation to Bruce Bowen being on Jay Leno. And that being said, I now fully believe that what I wrote and posted two posts earlier was complete crap. We ain't getting KG - too good to be true.

Lowest rated tonight show ever... in fairness I stole that from another forum, but it was pure genius

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wouldn't appearing with Leno be considered punishment? Maybe Bowen finally got what he deserved.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
KG rumor too good to happen unless KG forces them for Suns trade.

Thats pretty much what he's doing. He has an opt-out clause in his contract and has power in where he goes. Garnett can say he won't re-sign if he goes to a team he doesn't want to go to (it also seems that the Wolves are rewarding him for his past loyalty with the team)

He wants to go to a contender and we are one of the few teams that has the pieces in place to get him.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Which he is, why on earth would KG go from the worst team in the west to the worst team in the east?

Ainge is just being greedy in hopes that the suns will sacrifice more in a 3way. Same with McHale saying he is just gauging KGs value and the rumors of amare being traded.

All that is is just dirty politics, and the suns yet again show their class by not leaking anything on their side so far and not commenting on any trade that may be in the works. They deny the ones that are "assinine" and decline comment on everything else. A standup job in my opinion. A perfect place for KG's attitude as well.

Kg would opt out of any boston trade the second he could. If he has a hard time leaving minnesota because of a decade of loyalty, I see no reason for him to stay elsewhere if minnesota ships him out to a team he disapproves of.

Boston would be amputating half their team for one year with Garnett, along with losing their star PF, instead of gaining someone like marion to have a solid trio of jefferson pierce and marion

The wolves are going to have an amazing draft with the #5, their #7, and our #24, and ATL's '08 pick

I challenge your hope-based-pessimism and substitue it with rationality!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which he is, why on earth would KG go from the worst team in the west to the worst team in the east?

the only reason the Celts were the worst team in the East is because they're superstar missed forty percent of the season. And don't forget about ego - KG most likely thinks pretty damn highly of himself and if he thinks pretty damn highly of Pierce (which most in the game do), then he probably looks at Cleveland and says if Bron can get to the Finals by himself, me and Pierce can do the same thing.

as opposed to playing in the west and knowing how tough it is, he can look at the East and realize he'd have a shot to do just as much post-season damage in one playoff season as he has his entire career in the West.

don't underestimate KG's ego in this situation. He also knows he'll be third fiddle on Phoenix whereas he'll most likely be seen as THE savior in Boston.

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
the only reason the Celts were the worst team in the East is because they're superstar missed most of the season. And don't forget about ego - KG most likely thinks pretty damn highly of himself and if he thinks pretty damn highly of Pierce (which most in the game do), then he probably looks at Cleveland and says if Bron can get to the Finals by himself, me and Pierce can do the same thing.

as opposed to playing in the west and knowing how tough it is, he can look at the East and realize he'd have a shot to do just as much post-season damage in one playoff season as he has his entire career in the West.

don't underestimate KG's ego in this situation. He also knows he'll be third fiddle on Phoenix whereas he'll most likely be seen as THE savior in Boston.

To be the first fiddle, he better stays in Minn.:D

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Ash actually replied to my email yesterday but didn't really say anything.. Amare won't be traded and personally he would trade Marion plus whatever it takes to get KG but doesn't think we will get him. Actually I don't think they (Gambo and Ash) have any inside knowledge on it at this point.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Gambo usually has the inside scoop a little before something actually goes down, not always, but most of the time..

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
In other news, I don't think the moon is made of green cheese at this point.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
the only reason the Celts were the worst team in the East is because they're superstar missed forty percent of the season. And don't forget about ego - KG most likely thinks pretty damn highly of himself and if he thinks pretty damn highly of Pierce (which most in the game do), then he probably looks at Cleveland and says if Bron can get to the Finals by himself, me and Pierce can do the same thing.

How would him and pierce have any more chance of getting to the finals than he would on the suns? If he has this ego youre so convinced of, staying in the west with the best PG in the league and the best chance of winning the finals would be the place for him. Why would he leave minnesota and go to boston?

And if he did have an ego, he wouldnt shy away from the challenge of stayin in the west coast. Moving to the east to find the easiest path would be the opposite of an ego, dont you think?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would him and pierce have any more chance of getting to the finals than he would on the suns?

they play in the East, versus the West where the current NBA Champ resides and a team that just won 67 games, not to mention a young and very talented Utah team. it's about equal chance as far as I'm concerned given the pathetic state of the east.

If he has this ego youre so convinced of, staying in the west with the best PG in the league and the best chance of winning the finals would be the place for him. Why would he leave minnesota and go to boston?

by going to the Suns, he's pretty much piggy-backing on Nash and Amare's coat-tails - a team that has already gotten to the Conference Finals and has it's two main stars growing roots in the community, whereas he goes to the Celtics and he's the biggest star of the team as number 1 to Pierce's 1a, much like when Barkley went to the Suns and became numero uno, demoting KJ KJ to 1a. And yes, KG IS a bigger star than Pierce and that city would adore him like a god the same way Phoenix did Barkley.

And if he did have an ego, he wouldnt shy away from the challenge of stayin in the west coast. Moving to the east to find the easiest path would be the opposite of an ego, dont you think?

Bottom line, taking a team to the Finals, any way you get there is an ego-stroke plain and simple and guys look at their best opportunity to win and there's is great opportunity to win in the East with two megastars having the only true inside out game in the Conference.

All that being said, I'm not saying he would pick Boston over Phoenix, but I could see where he wouldn't balk going there as well.

silverstyne

Reaction score
Trade Modification

While thinking about the various trade scenarios that seem to be swirling about our beloved PHX SUNS! Something just hit me - I mean what if the rumored PHX-BOS-MIN three way trade ended up like this due to the fact that MIN/BOS is desperately holding out for Amare:

SUNS Trades:
Amare
Boris Diaw/Thomas
Banks
Trade Filler

SUNS Receives:
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce

BOS Trades:
Paul Pierce
Theo Ratliff
Al Jefferson

BOS Receives:
Amare
Trade Filler

MIN Trades:
Kevin Garnett
Trade Filler

MIN Receives:
Boris Diaw
Theo Ratliff
Al Jefferson

I haven't checked if the salaries if they match up. Well how about that? We get KG and Pierce for Amare and Diaw? Sounds like a good compromise to me.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Gambo usually has the inside scoop a little before something actually goes down, not always, but most of the time..

If they did have an inside scoop they wouldn't always be able to tell you what is going down. They have sources and such and some things need to remain off the record.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While thinking about the various trade scenarios that seem to be swirling about our beloved PHX SUNS! Something just hit me - I mean what if the rumored PHX-BOS-MIN three way trade ended up like this due to the fact that MIN/BOS is desperately holding out for Amare:

SUNS Trades:
Amare
Boris Diaw/Thomas
Banks
Trade Filler

SUNS Receives:
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce

BOS Trades:
Paul Pierce
Theo Ratliff
Al Jefferson

BOS Receives:
Amare
Trade Filler

MIN Trades:
Kevin Garnett
Trade Filler

MIN Receives:
Boris Diaw
Theo Ratliff
Al Jefferson

I haven't checked if the salaries if they match up. Well how about that? We get KG and Pierce for Amare and Diaw? Sounds like a good compromise to me.

Let's assume that the salaries match up for a minute. Boston gives up Pierce, Jefferson, and the #5 and all they get is Amare and filler. Meanwhile Phoenix gives up Amare and a bunch of crap contracts for KG and Pierce.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they did have an inside scoop they wouldn't always be able to tell you what is going down. They have sources and such and some things need to remain off the record.

If Gambo knew any inside info, you can rest assured that he wouldn't keep it to himself.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They couldn't be more confused than we are. :confused:

CHRIS BROUSSARD (at least I think that's who it was) on ESPN radio stated that KG has not requested a trade and clearly has not done it publicly like Kobe did.

IMHO, without a trade demand by KG, no deal is possible.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
How can someone not request a trade AND not do it publicly.

Im not a fan of Broussard, he is a dunce. This is the same guy who said he would give the mvp to dirk because even though nash deserved it this year he shouldnt get it 3 years in a row.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Not publicly. He has broken down in tears saying he is tired of losing, and McHale has been publicly criticized numerous times for his lack of intelligence in front office decisions.

Did anyone see that article that ESPN posted, referring to Forbes Magazine ranking McHale as the most successful sports businessman last year?