Minnesota Fan Source Reports KG in talks with Suns

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The #31 pick has more value than the #29, probably, so it would make more sense for Boston to send the 31 to Minnesota and let Phoenix stay at 29.

The #31 is more valuable in a weak draft, but not in a deep one like this. There is a good chance of drafting a player at #29 that a team will want to retain for several years. A first rounder can be kept on a cheap contract for more years than a second rounder. This was the case with Boozer. He slipped into the second round and then could bail after 2-3 years.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This was the case with Boozer. He slipped into the second round and then could bail after 2-3 years.

The latest CBA has changed the rules to make it much harder to steal away another team's second-round pick after his first contract. I can't remember the details, but you can go to Coon's FAQ and search under "Gilbert Arenas Provision" (or "Rule," or something like that).

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Based on what evidence?

i don't have any evidence for that, but it seems that a 6th man, role player, and pick would be a fair trade for a guy who was once the MVP and who fills in the suns 2 major holes (inside D and rebounding).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
darnit! I've been away from the board for two hours! I was fullu expecting to come back and find that the trade had gone down, or at least there had been twenty new posts on the subject! booooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Something interessting for the few pro-Amare trade guys..

We know Amare's regular season statistics and all is all screwed up from trying to give him rest and him not getting the touches he usually should get but if you take statistics of the 4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left,
neither team ahead by more than 5 points and then compare Amare Stoudemire and Kevin Garnett.
What would you expect?

On 48mpg basis

Amare scores 32ppg on 54%FG
Garnett scores 25ppg on 38%FG

Amare draws fouls on 25% of his plays, Garnett draws fouls on 10% of his plays.

Amare gets MORE rebounds than Garnett. And more blocks as well.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Update from "Inside Source"

paperwork on trade to phx started yesterday mourning...also addidas and nba are upset about this cuz kg was supposed to be the big draw when the twolves go over seas to play some pre season games next season...

http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=929119

So if this is true :rolleyes:.... it should be announced any time.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

paperwork on trade to phx started yesterday mourning...also addidas and nba are upset about this cuz kg was supposed to be the big draw when the twolves go over seas to play some pre season games next season...

Geez this is getting ridiculous, costing me some sleep , at least its so hot and most of the time humid that its not easy to sleep anyway.

I can't decide wether this is all ******** what that guy writes or legit...

However why are the Suns (Griffin) shooting down JAmison and Kobe rumors so quickly but no word on KG rumors?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i don't trust anyone who spells morning with a "u". BS!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't trust anyone who spells morning with a "u". BS!

I hear you. The thing is that this guy has told everyone he knows NYC232 from REALGM (which everybody there seems to trust) and NYC232 has not denied it. Still think it's B.S. but we shall see. I would have to image the "Paperwork" won't take that long if this is true.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I hear you. The thing is that this guy has told everyone he knows NYC232 from REALGM (which everybody there seems to trust) and NYC232 has not denied it. Still think it's B.S. but we shall see. I would have to image the "Paperwork" won't take that long if this is true.

It would still be up to Phoenix and Minnesota to announce it whenever they want I guess.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Geez this is getting ridiculous, costing me some sleep , at least its so hot and most of the time humid that its not easy to sleep anyway.

However why are the Suns (Griffin) shooting down JAmison and Kobe rumors so quickly but no word on KG rumors?

I find that rather conspicuous as well....

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It would still be up to Phoenix and Minnesota to announce it whenever they want I guess.

This dude also says he thinks stoudemire is in the trade, so who knows. We're gonna have to wait, I'm saying until probably next week, one way or another.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Now that dude also wrote

kg has and opt out next year and no team will trade for him unless he agrees to waive his opt out. He has agreed to waive his opt out if he goes to the suns...he hasnt for boston...so basically its 99% done to phx unless the suns go back on it in the 11th hour....and i dont know who the twolves are gettin back for sure...i have been told that it is thought to be stoudamire

only reason im thinkin its so hush hush is that no official team rep wants to say something b4 its goes thru cuz of the high profile players this involves they dont want to ruffle anyones feathers if for some unforseen reason it falls thru, big pr nightmare...also i dont think the total package of what the suns are sending back has been decided yet. steve kerr just got the job so he prolly is a little gun shy on mortaging the future by giving up amare ....this is all pure speculation of course

Amare is not going to be traded!! -_-

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I find that rather conspicuous as well....

The other thing I find odd if that he was going to start making details up for today's update saying

"also addidas and nba are upset about this cuz kg was supposed to be the big draw"

seems to be a bit out of left field even for making stuff up. Who knows, maybe he is a made skillz genius. :pullhair:

Amare is not going to be traded!! -_-

Well he also did say the package isn't decided yet. I will give em that.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
That detail caught my eye as well. I think (hope) that there is some fire to this smoke - so long as Amare stays as well....

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I agree.

At least it was something new today. I am not much for waiting. :thud:

I mean, unless this dude is a complete sadist, this is not some collection of information that one compiles out of memory for nothing, IMO. Me? I'd have to go and look up what companies were endorsing KG and I'd also have to look up what their preseason schedule was and then diabolically add 2 and 2....

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
By the way, if the NBA is unhappy about Garnett going to Phoenix. Besides David Stern probably nixing any trade for the Suns.

Why would they be unhappy if Minnesota played in europe with Amare instead of KG?

I watched a documentation on the life of Boris Becker's ex-wife and her 2 boys in Miami and guess whose picture her oldest son (13) had in his room? Amare Stoudemire.

Minnesota probably gets Ratliff, Thomas, #5 , Atlantas picks and more picks and is going to Europe with their biggest stars being Ricky Davis, #5 and Foye.

(Or Barbosa)
I think the Suns don't want to give up Marion and Barbosa for Garnett, that might be the sticky point. Maybe the Suns gave in , who knows. I sure hope the Suns don't value Marion and Barbosa more than Amare.

Last edited: