Philadelphia Phillies @ Arizona Diamondbacks series thread. 08/08/24-08/11/24

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So he's basically giving credence to Montgomery's complaints about the heat and humidity in the ballpark being too much. That combination can easily cause cramps if you aren't hydrated enough.

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
The cooling plant to my knowledge, is not owned by the park or the city. It used to be owned by NRG, then Westwind, now Cordia I believe. Contractually, or via other means, it may be obligated to serve the ballpark first; I think it was even put in because of the ballpark. It also provides chilled water to a number of other properties in the area, including the Phoenix Biomedical Campus a couple blocks north - I was the Director of Facilities Management there for a decade. The plant may be providing sufficient cooling water - when the Dbacks say "the HVAC is broken" (or doesn't work well, or whatever) - it could be anything from the exchangers, to the air handlers, fan coil units, VAVs, design, configuration, programming, etc. The problem (usually) with chilled water cooling like that is typically with a building it is like turning a battleship. Takes a long time to cool down a load that big. District cooling is friggin expensive - one of my (huge) buildings was like a million bucks a year for chilled water

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Interesting to see McCarthy in RF over Carroll…
Thomas in CF stands out I guess as Alek has been even worse than Carroll at the plate as of late. But Thomas is so damn good defensively, his weak arm notwithstanding…

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Interesting to see McCarthy in RF over Carroll…
Thomas in CF stands out I guess as Alek has been even worse than Carroll at the plate as of late. But Thomas is so damn good defensively, his weak arm notwithstanding…
Problem is Katel should be DH & Gricek should be in right & Jake in Center. Carroll has been underwhelming against everyone let alone lefties all year

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Carroll just came in?

He is in for Gurriel but not hearing why?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat