Suns Training Camp, October 1st through 4th, 2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the Suns Training Camp Roster. Camp goes October 1st through 4th, 2024.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

By Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic:

The Phoenix Suns are scheduled to hold training camp Oct. 1-4, tentatively set for 10 a.m. to noon each day at the team's Verizon 5G Performance Center practice facility.

The Suns play the Lakers in a preseason game in California on October 6th. It's the first of five preseason games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It stands to reason media day is on Monday, although I haven't heard it officially announced.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has now. Starts at 11:30 am. Looking forward to seeing the guys again! And the new guys!

The Suns have some young guys now to watch where my love for the Suns really became ingrained when attending their camps.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope they earn some floor time, though I don’t expect it with how raw they are.

We have a G League team now, and in the Valley, so hopefully if they are glued to the bench on the main roster then they can see some minutes there. I'm not sure how NBA practices are run but I would imagine the G-League team being in the same city would allow some of our youth to practice some with the main guys and play with the G-League.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they earn some floor time, though I don’t expect it with how raw they are.

Yeah, the rookies are raw and they were drafted late, Dunn (28) and Ighodaro (40), but one can always hope. Jalen Bridges could surprise as well, but opportunities will likely be limited. Even Collin Gillespie is intriguing.

I'd like to know who was primarily responsible for scouting and targeting these players, whether it was James Jones or someone else. The same goes for Camara in the 2023 draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coach Bud is getting me excited about the upcoming season. Okay, I'm easy to convince. Maybe it's because the Suns have quality point guards this season, will play faster and distribute the ball to the open shooter.

Here are some of his comments about Tyus Jones.

BY KELLAN OLSON, Arizon Sports:

"Tyus can help us play faster," Budenholzer continued. The Wizards led the NBA in pace last season, but only won 15 games.

"He’s great with the kick-aheads, he’s great with getting teammates involved in transition,'' Budenholzer added. "But then also in the half court. He’s a guy who has always been a high assists guy, low turnovers. He can get us organized. Everyone talks about how much talent we have. Hopefully he can put them in positions to be their best."