Suns Training Camp, October 1st through 4th, 2024

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Plumlee and Nurk are vastly different. Plumlee would have been solid in Vogel's schemes because he's an athletic big that plays within 10 feet of the basket. He's like a poor man's JaVale McGee. That isn't Nurk, never has been. While I like Plumlee as a backup here he's an odd fit for Coach Bud's offense. Nurk is a poor man's Jokic, can pass and play the post while being a beast on the boards but that's about it.

Frank is more of a Bud style Center and does play more like Nurk on offense but he's a bad screen setter and afraid of hard contact and getting physical. That's not Nurk or Plumlee.

The 3 Centers we have are quite different though so really don't understand how you are getting the idea we brought in backups who play the same as Nurk.
I was just talking Nurk and Plumlee. Frank is not officially on our roster yet. Plumlee is an underrated passer from the center position like Nurkic. There have been lots of comparisons online about how the two centers are similar. I just heard it this week on the Locked on Suns Podcast. Anyway, we can argue styles. The basic point is Plumlee is an upgrade over Eubanks.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
LOL! I used to put chairs in the corners of the court to keep my guys from getting doubled by dribbling into the corners of the court. Games would start and first thing they would do is dribble into the corner and get doubled! LMAO!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure opposing teams will welcome that. Nurk and 3’s sound better in theory than in reality.

Nurkic hasn't shot a lot of threes in his career. As long as he can hit enough to keep defenses honest, it might work. I'm not counting on it until I see it.