The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude is still not coming off the PUP list during week 6? That means, it’s week 7 at the earliest with at least a couple weeks to practice before he gets going?

I’m starting to even doubt my Week 9 prediction.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude is still not coming off the PUP list during week 6? That means, it’s week 7 at the earliest with at least a couple weeks to practice before he gets going?

I’m starting to even doubt my Week 9 prediction.

I guess with this season being what it is that the concern is more to make sure there is no relapse than getting a few extra games out of him.

I assume they think a slow return that sticks is better than a quick one that doesn't.

I think when he does start practicing they use the full 3 weeks too. Might be week 10 before he's back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess with this season being what it is that the concern is more to make sure there is no relapse than getting a few extra games out of him.

I assume they think a slow return that sticks is better than a quick one that doesn't.

I think when he does start practicing they use the full 3 weeks too. Might be week 10 before he's back.
That’s assuming he even gets off the PUP next week.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't find anything that says that. Do you have a link?
The player has to remain on the reserve/PUP list for at least the first four regular season games (Oct. 3 or 4 this season), which is new this season.

Once a player leaves the reserve/PUP list, he has up to 21 days to return to the 53-man roster. He can practice with the team until he’s taken off the list. If the player still isn’t able to play in games after the 21-day span, he’ll stay on the reserve/PUP list for the rest of the season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The player has to remain on the reserve/PUP list for at least the first four regular season games (Oct. 3 or 4 this season), which is new this season.

Once a player leaves the reserve/PUP list, he has up to 21 days to return to the 53-man roster. He can practice with the team until he’s taken off the list. If the player still isn’t able to play in games after the 21-day span, he’ll stay on the reserve/PUP list for the rest of the season.

That only answers the question if he comes off the PUP list and can’t return in 21 days.

Is there a cut off for PUP list guys where they either have to come back by a certain date or get moved to IR for the year?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

But he hasn't left the reserve list yet.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't find anything that says that. Do you have a link?
I am sorry. That is the old rule when after six games they had to be on " IR designated to return" or just IR. Now, if I understand what I just read, they can be on PUP all season.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its probably nothing or possible he wants the Cowboys to trade for Hollywood...
We beat the Cowboys in a rebuild year and we have two of his best friends on the roster. He might see us as greener pastures. It's probably nothing, but I think he's pissed at what McCarthy has done with the offense.

Or he's just celebrating the win over Texas.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We beat the Cowboys in a rebuild year and we have two of his best friends on the roster. He might see us as greener pastures. It's probably nothing, but I think he's pissed at what McCarthy has done with the offense.

Or he's just celebrating the win over Texas.

Lol… that guy doesn’t see the Cardinals as greener pastures. His team is still probably headed to the playoffs. Our team is headed toward the toilet… and most of us HOPE that’s the case so we can actually get some talent on the team!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he debuts week 9. We won't play him without a couple weeks of practice, so he starts practicing towards the end of the month and then plays against the Falcons. I don't seem him playing any earlier, that is for sure.

With the way the Pup list works, if he isn't active by 12, by rule, he is done for the season.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think he debuts week 9. We won't play him without a couple weeks of practice, so he starts practicing towards the end of the month and then plays against the Falcons. I don't seem him playing any earlier, that is for sure.

With the way the Pup list works, if he isn't active by 12, by rule, he is done for the season.
I would be shocked to see Kyler in game conditions before game 12. My gut says we don’t see him this year.