The Positive Kyler Murray News Thread

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? So he can say "He's ready when he's ready" again?
I think the Cardinals from DAY 1 planned when he would come back, and won’t stray from that plan. They know he needs to play in 2023, but it’ll be according to that pre-set plan and not a day sooner. Wouldn’t be surprised if he comes off the PUP next week, and then 2 weeks of practice before we see him. 2023 was always going to be an evaluation year for this team, so they’re in no rush with Murray. Let’s be honest, all they really need are maybe 4-5 weeks to watch him & make sure the injury hasn’t affected his skill set long term.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals from DAY 1 planned when he would come back, and won’t stray from that plan. They know he needs to play in 2023, but it’ll be according to that pre-set plan and not a day sooner. Wouldn’t be surprised if he comes off the PUP next week, and then 2 weeks of practice before we see him. 2023 was always going to be an evaluation year for this team, so they’re in no rush with Murray. Let’s be honest, all they really need are maybe 4-5 weeks to watch him & make sure the injury hasn’t affected his skill set long term.
I’ll be very disappointed if he’s not back before week 10. He needs as many reps as possible.

Reactions: PJ1
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's kind of shocking how easily many people shifted from "actually I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kyler Murray starts Week 1" to "I'm not bothered at all if Kyler isn't playing until after Halloween."
a lot of fans carry false hope in their saddle bags:)

From the beginning we know a player will not be at his prior performance level until season 2 after this type of surgery. I do not like KM returning this year especially with this team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's kind of shocking how easily many people shifted from "actually I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kyler Murray starts Week 1" to "I'm not bothered at all if Kyler isn't playing until after Halloween."

Lol… it’s not shocking and you know it. It’s par for the course.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
in this day of modern sports medicine-- there are metrics the training staff are monitoring.

Murray probably has to hit certain metrics before he gets cleared -- things like various measures of strength differential between the two legs, etc.

also very curious to see if he comes back with a brace on the leg

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol… it’s not shocking and you know it. It’s par for the course.

Just to be clear who are you referencing?

I saw some people say maybe he could make it back for week 1, like back in April, and I've seen some others say now he should take his time.

Both reasonable positions at the time under the circumstances, but I don't think they are the same people.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Doesn’t matter. Unless we’re picking top-3 Kyler is our QB going forward whether he plays this year or not.