Tuesday Morning At Flagstaff!

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
I drove up this morning and I have to second what Redheart said about Watson. He is an absolute load up the middle! Plays with a certain amount of nasty. Talked to him after the practice and I couldn't get over how nice and down to earth he was. Great pickup.

Francisco appears (to me anyway) to be the future at FS. He was flying all over the field, playing with alot of energy. If there was more contact allowed, he would have absolutely KILLED Walters.

Pace looked rather comfortable at SAM, had a nice pass breakup, and I could hear the coaches singling him out for praise.

Wakefield is a gamer and puts out a ton of effort........BUT.....he can't start too many games. In one-on-one drills Okeafor just body slammed him. He's letting himself get too upright.

Leonard Davis appears relaxed as hell, like it's easy for him.

Edge was everything Redheart mentioned, the play where he slipped and fell on the sideline made me gasp also, but what had me more stunned was to see him flying out of bounds on the opposite sideline only a few seconds later. Marcel looks good, so did Arrington. It was kind of disappointing to see JJ so unafraid of contact in practice and to think about how it was different on gameday last year. I hope he has found wherever he misplaced his huevos and it's different this year.

Capshaw was just BOOMING punts, (plus he wears a regular facemask, which was nice to see).

Navarre HAS to read and react faster. The mental clock in his head is set between 4-5 seconds, just taking way too long. Other than that he looked sound.

Darnell appears more hype than anything. Was getting stoned in one-on-ones, at least in my humble opinion. (Insert "stoned" jokes here).

Got alot of autographs for my boy, Warner, Watson, Okeafor (especially him), Lutui, and Neil Rackers were all very pleasant.

That's about all for now, just wanted to add my two cents.

Sorry about hi-jacking the thread!

Edit: Rohan Davy is a waste of roster space, can't throw for squat and he is completely out of shape, looks like 245 lbs of jello.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
Capshaw was just BOOMING punts, (plus he wears a regular facemask, which was nice to see).

He has to wear a regular facemask. The single-bars were outlawed five or six years ago, but players who already had them were grandfathered in. Scott Player will be the last man in the NFL ever to wear the singlebar...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
Pace looked rather comfortable at SAM, had a nice pass breakup, and I could hear the coaches singling him out for praise.

According to K9 that's completely impossible. There is no way a Bust of a draft pick like Pace could cover someone.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
According to K9 that's completely impossible. There is no way a Bust of a draft pick like Pace could cover someone.

Man-to-man, I'm still not sure that he can, but against our below-average tight ends (not counting Pope), I suppose that anything's possible.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
The reason Dockett was getting stoned was because of Milford Brown. I saw practice on Monday and Brown really impressed me. Wakefield will be better just having a solid guy next to him. Last season they never had a solid guy at right guard all year and that made the right tackles look even worse.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
We just have so much talent on the line, I would even say we have the deepest line in the NFL.

I'm gonna say that Jacksonville, Carolina, Atlanta and the Colts are gonna beg to differ with you there.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I'm gonna say that Jacksonville, Carolina, Atlanta and the Colts are gonna beg to differ with you there.

I'd take our top 8 DL over their top 8s anyday and twice on Sundays. None of those teams has a third end at the level of Antonio Smith (except Mathis, who is only a pass-rusher) or the raw talent at backup DT like we do (save Rob Meier, who is an excellent player).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I'd take our top 8 DL over their top 8s anyday and twice on Sundays. None of those teams has a third end at the level of Antonio Smith (except Mathis, who is only a pass-rusher) or the raw talent at backup DT like we do (save Rob Meier, who is an excellent player).

oh come on now - has Antonio Smith EVER proved anything on the field? Has Watson? No - plain and simple. Not to mention that those other teams starting D-LINES have proven the ability to a) stay healthy and b) DOMINATE opposition.

That's not to say our D-line shouldn't be very good, they SHOULD AND WILL BE - but they aren't comparable to the top 4 D-lines in the league right now.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
oh come on now - has Antonio Smith EVER proved anything on the field?

I thought he performed to a solid backup level last season and even showed promise of being able to be a decent starter in a year or two. He wasn't great but he didn't look like a piece of driftwood getting washed downstream like so many of our previous defensive linemen.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Man-to-man, I'm still not sure that he can, but against our below-average tight ends (not counting Pope), I suppose that anything's possible.

just curious ...is that something you saw or read .....

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

one other point...please identify who the "average" tight ends are...thanks

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
lobo said:
just curious ...is that something you saw or read .....

one other point...please identify who the "average" tight ends are...thanks

Ron Wolfley mentioned that Pace can't cover in his "Frankenfive" article a couple weeks ago. Honestly, I'm skeptical about his ability to do anything at a starter's level once the games start to count, and his career to this point seems to support that opinion.

Average tight ends in the NFL? Jermaine Wiggins. Brandon Manumaleuna. Kyle Brady. Anthony Becht. Christian Fauria. Aaron Golliday. Steve Heiden. Doug Jolley. Jimmy Kleinsasser. Kris Mangum. Itula Mili. Robert Royal. Any of those 13 guys would present a significant upgrade over Adam Bergen and Eric Edwards, and that doesn't count the 10-20 guys that I consider the best at the position, or the most promising.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05