Who will the Suns draft at #13?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Shaun Powell: Hornets will entertain offers for 10th pick if someone also agrees to take Ariza or Okafor contracts. via Twitter

Now thats a deal i might be willing to make. Ariza/#10 for TPE.

PJII @ #10 and Rivers @ #13

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score

I've sen a post elsewhere that brought up a couple ideas.

Gortat to Portland for #11 and Crawford (S&T)
then
Warrick to N.O. for #10 and Okafor --> Not sure if N.O. would do this one
then
#13 to Boston for both of their 1st rd picks

My little twist to this scenario would be:

Add Lopez (S&T) with Warrick to N.O. since I don't thing they'd do Warrick straight up for both Okafor and #10.
or
If N.O. would take that deal, package Lopez (S&T) with #13 to ATL for Smith.

So with the #10 and #11 picks we take 2 wings, a SG and a SF. My choices would be between Jones, Ross, White, Rivers, Beal, Lamb, Miller.

Then try to sign Lin to a 4 yr deal to back up and learn from Nash for the next couple years. That would give us Nash, Lin, Telfair to man the PG spot. Nash would get plenty of rest throughout the year. Amnesty Childress.

Nash/Lin/Telfair
Dudley/Crawford/1st rd pick
Hill/1st rd pick
Smith/Morris
Okafor/Frye

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Gortat for #11 and Crawford is AWFUL

Gortat has to have way more value than just the '11 pick and getting Crawford is a NEGATIVE

Also please you don't trade #13 for 2 picks in the 20s. If you want a later pick buy one. Just overall awful deals.

If we traded Warrick and capspace for Okafor and #11 I would try to play Okafor at PF and Gortat at C. And if Portland has interest in Gortat they would definitely have to give up #6.

Another interesting idea might be to shop Jared Dudley for #5 or #8. Sacramento and Toronto are looking for a good veteran SF. That is Jared Dudley and he is on one of the best production per dollar contracts in the league. That would be a deal similar to the Shane Battier for Rudy Gay draft day deal.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Gortat has to have way more value than just the '11 pick and getting Crawford is a NEGATIVE

Also please you don't trade #13 for 2 picks in the 20s. If you want a later pick buy one. Just overall awful deals.

If we traded Warrick and capspace for Okafor and #11 I would try to play Okafor at PF and Gortat at C. And if Portland has interest in Gortat they would definitely have to give up #6.

Another interesting idea might be to shop Jared Dudley for #5 or #8. Sacramento and Toronto are looking for a good veteran SF. That is Jared Dudley and he is on one of the best production per dollar contracts in the league. That would be a deal similar to the Shane Battier for Rudy Gay draft day deal.

I wont' say this often, but right on all accounts!

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Warrick to N.O. for #10 and Okafor --> Not sure if N.O. would do this one

How is Warrick a trade asset? He is absolutely worthless. Okafor has been hurt and is overpaid, but he can rebound and play defense. Warrick plays no defense, can score a little but does nothing else. There is no way anyone gives up a decent player or a pick for Warrick. Giving up both would be madness.

Every time someone on this board suggests a trade that involves getting something of value for Childress or Warrrick, a puppy dies.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
How is Warrick a trade asset? He is absolutely worthless. Okafor has been hurt and is overpaid, but he can rebound and play defense. Warrick plays no defense, can score a little but does nothing else. There is no way anyone gives up a decent player or a pick for Warrick. Giving up both would be madness.

Every time someone on this board suggests a trade that involves getting something of value for Childress or Warrrick, a puppy dies.

warrick is not the asset, money is the asset - instant cap relief also

Besides Warrick is expiring in 2013 that alone makes him an asset this season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wow, for once we actually agree on something.

Yes, this is the kind of thing the Suns should do with their cap space. Take on players on bad deals to acquire good draft picks and stockpile youth.

And by the time the team is ready to do anything competitive again Oakafor and Ariza will have become expiring contracts than can be moved for productive parts.

And I agree on the following posts. I wouldnt take Crawford for free. The dude sucks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And the Suns should be looking to move Gortat. Ideally something like a mid to late-lotto first this year and a future first. I dont think his value will ever be higher than it is right now, and if our situation at PG next year turns out awful, and the interior help he has is Morris and Warrick then his stock will take a beating.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Probably the first time ever but I agree with everything you said.

And the Dudley thing would be nice but it seems too far fetched cause there are rumors that Philly and Memphis are offer Igoudala and Gay for SAC and TOR and Dudley is no where close to as good as them....

Oh and you should NEVER EVER play Okafor and Gortat together...just thought I should say that.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Calm down, I'm sure he isn't using Warrick as an asset but both Warrick and Okafor have horrible contracts (with Okafor having a far worse one) so he included a trade with Warrick going to New Orleans.

Nobody is saying Warrick has value.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
For those of you harping on the Hornets rumor...

From Marc Stein: "Draft buzz: Hearing that teams calling Hornets being told that it'll take more to get No. 10 pick than taking on Ariza or Okafor contract."

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And the Suns should be looking to move Gortat. Ideally something like a mid to late-lotto first this year and a future first. I dont think his value will ever be higher than it is right now, and if our situation at PG next year turns out awful, and the interior help he has is Morris and Warrick then his stock will take a beating.
I totally agree. I think Gortat could net us Houstons 2 picks and a young player like Morris very easy. I could also see a few teams in the late lotto offering us their pick+a player for Gortat as well. We all know Portland would love the Gortat. He could fill that huge hole that Bogut left in Milwaukee. It could be interesting for Sacramento to run a Cousins/Gortat tandem.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
#14 and #16 is way too low for Gortat. Those picks are not worth that much.

A proven starting center should be worth a lottery pick at least.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The measurements that should matter to GM's are standing reach, wing span, weight, and then the athletic measurements. Player height alone just really doesn't matter a lot of time. I haven't seen Robinson's standing reach, but I did hear he has a 7'3" wingspan. If he's explosive and has a standing reach north of 9' he's not really under sized.

It just doesn't matter how tall somebody is head to toe anymore. It's length, weight, and athleticism.

And by the way, this is the time of year when the draft picks get overvalued and teams are trying to shed player salary. Some of you guys are overvaluing what teams will give up for our players (surprise, surprise). I might agree with you regarding their actual value, but teams considering trades will not.

Joe

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I hope it wasn't Phoenix. Don't need another Barbosa. Unless I am confusing Waiters with someone else, this would be terrible.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I think making promises at #13 is just plain stupid. What if we get a chance to trade up to #3, or someone drops to us? :bang:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it wasn't Phoenix. Don't need another Barbosa. Unless I am confusing Waiters with someone else, this would be terrible.

Precisely. Undersized shooters. Pass.

Our needs are as follows:

#1. Rebounding and interior toughness from the 4. Morris' and Frye's need not apply.

#2. PG that can actually play some defense. (Looking at you Brooks and Nash)

#3. Athlesticism from the 3. (Love ya Duds but you aren't a mismatch creator)

#4. Shooter that can get his shot off if covered.

This team is so poorly constructed it is embarrassing. How Gentry won as many games as he did is a mystery.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In an article written by Paul Coro at azcentral dated 6-8-12, he gives the measurement on who the Suns may select at #13. I haven't narrowed my search of candidates as yet but I like what I know about Rivers.

Terrence Ross has a body fat of only 3.2%. Can this be right? I guess body fat can go down to 2% for an Olympic competitor... but still.

See link below for measurements.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/163913

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
God I just want the draft to happen already!

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
In an article written by Paul Coro at azcentral dated 6-8-12, he gives the measurement on who the Suns may select at #13. I haven't narrowed my search of candidates as yet but I like what I know about Rivers.

Terrence Ross has a body fat of only 3.2%. Can this be right? I guess body fat can go down to 2% for an Olympic competitor... but still.

See link below for measurements.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/163913

Wow, I can't believe I forgot all about Ross. I think he is going to be much better than Rivers, and he is a good defender as well.

I am also surprised that Moultrie is not on that list. I still like Sullinger, but Moultrie has more potential.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I don't think he has the creativity, aggressiveness, isolation skills to be a truly great NBA guard.

I see him best case as an old Jason Richardson who is a good athlete but rarely attacks the rim and is basically a catch and shoot player.
I don't think Terrence Ross is the player that many want him to be. He has intriguing prototype measurements but that is it. If he was so good why did nobody talk about him as a lottery pick 2 month ago after his sophomore season?