Wk 2 of the Preseason (w/o the twitter links). 08/12/24-08/18/24.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tyler Drake
https://x.com/Tdrake4sports
@Tdrake4sports
·
43s

Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon with some major praise for rookie Darius Robinson:"For what he's done in training camp and in that game, I think he's right where he needs to be to be a person who affects winning in a positive way for us on defense right now."

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss
@joshweinfuss
·
3h
Darius Robinson, who played at Mizzou, said today that the speed of the NFL seemed a little bit faster than college, but added that the size of the Saints were about the same as the other SEC teams he faced in college.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss
@joshweinfuss
A few takeaways from Jonathan Gannon's press conference today:

- Gannon said the plan is for the Cardinals to not alter their approach to practicing this week in Indianapolis but he said they're gonna be "two very intense, hard, long practices." "They're gonna practice the exact same way they've been practicing. That's how [Colts coach] Shane [Steichen] and I are gonna do it. Just got off the phone this morning. It's gonna be a good two days of work."

- Playing time for Saturday's game against the Colts will in part be decided by how Wednesday and Thursday go in practice against Indianapolis, Gannon said.

- Gannon said the plan in Indy is to keep the players off their feet as much as possible during the day with both practices against the Colts scheduled for night. He said they'll sleep in, have some meetings, give them some free time on both days. Then they'll have a mock game on Friday followed by some meetings and then Friday afternoon off. On Saturday, they'll have a walk through.

- Gannon was high on Darius Robinson after the rookie's first preseason game. "He's tough to block if he does the right things," Gannon said.

- Asked if Robinson has a chance to push for a starting job, Gannon was frank: "1,000 percent, yeah."

- Gannon wants to see Robinson clean up how he plays blocks, both in the way and the consistency; wants him to keep his motor running and his violence high; and wants him to "execute his rush plan both individually and collectively."

- Gannon said DL Roy Lopez's pass rush has been his biggest improvement this year.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Howard Balzer
@HBalzer721
·
1h
The Cardinals reported tryouts with WRs Daylen Baldwin, Jalen Camp, Wayne Ruby; G Chuck Filiaga; RBs Hassan Hall, Anthony McFarland; C Chris Murray.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like what I'm hearing about DR. I know it's preseason talk, but still. We need some hopium.
He looked the part in limited snaps. He obviously needs work as a pass rusher, but I liked how he took on blocks and disengaged in the run game.

His floor is good rotational DL, but he has a pretty good ceiling if he fixes some of his issues.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like what I'm hearing about DR. I know it's preseason talk, but still. We need some hopium.
Size, athleticism, work ethic, and motor as a combination of traits tends to turn out well. I would love to see him and JJ Watt connect at some point. Just any former great to help speed up his learning/technique process. I am keeping my hopium to myself for now because it is so early.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bo Brack
@BoBrack
·
2m
The Arizona Cardinals have signed WR Daylen Baldwin and RB Hassan Hall and has released WR Jeff Smith.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Bo Brack
@BoBrack
·
2m
The Arizona Cardinals have signed WR Daylen Baldwin and RB Hassan Hall and has released WR Jeff Smith.
We won't be seeing any more of MHJ or either Michael Carter or Trey Benson this preseason.

Maybe all three.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Howard Balzer
@HBalzer721
Prior to leaving for Indianapolis to practice with the Colts, the Cardinals signed WR Daylen Baldwin and RB Hassan Hall, while terminating the contract of WR Jeff Smith. Most recent transactions: Baldwin waived by Falcons Aug.1, Hall by Chiefs June

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giugurta