Be very careful what you believe.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One month before the 2018 draft, everyone knew that the Cleveland Browns were going with one of two players with the first overall pick. Mike Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks, Mel Kiper, Matt Miller, Charles Davis, Peter Schrager, Peter King, Todd McShay and our own Albert Breer and Robert Klemko were all in agreement: either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen would be the Browns’ pick.

Click here to read the entire article by the talented Kalyn Kahler.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Another breakdown of Murray.

Murray's completion percentage is artificially inflated because he's often throwing to wide-open receivers. In Lincoln Riley's space-and-pace offense, Oklahoma uses an assortment of alignments, route concepts and play fakes to get receivers into open space, giving Murray easy throwing windows.

As is the case with most young, athletic quarterbacks, Murray will sometimes drift backward or look to run because of pressure when he should just side-step or slide in the pocket to avoid it and make a throw.

Most importantly, Murray hasn't shown the ability to consistently move through his progressions to find the open receiver and make the proper play. Also, Murray lacks the anticipation ability to throw receivers open in the NFL, as Murray is more of a see-it, throw-it passer at this point in his development.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...ed-nfl-breaking-positives-negatives-skill-set

I know a lot of comments have been made about Rosen being late on throwing the ball or not throwing a good timing route pass. Seems this may also apply to Murray.

Also found this analysis.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kyler-murray

Last edited:

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score

Murray's completion percentage is artificially inflated because he's often throwing to wide-open receivers. In Lincoln Riley's space-and-pace offense, Oklahoma uses an assortment of alignments, route concepts and play fakes to get receivers into open space, giving Murray easy throwing windows.

As is the case with most young, athletic quarterbacks, Murray will sometimes drift backward or look to run because of pressure when he should just side-step or slide in the pocket to avoid it and make a throw.

Most importantly, Murray hasn't shown the ability to consistently move through his progressions to find the open receiver and make the proper play. Also, Murray lacks the anticipation ability to throw receivers open in the NFL, as Murray is more of a see-it, throw-it passer at this point in his development.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...ed-nfl-breaking-positives-negatives-skill-set

I know a lot of comments have been made about Rosen being late on throwing the ball or not throwing a good timing route pass. Seems this may also apply to Murray.

Exactly what Ive been saying since the start of this debate

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Probably u see things that many here don't see

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I dont remember allen being considered 1st overall
Mayfield name as potential Brown's pick come out 1 month or more before the draft

I don’t know about that. As far as I remember it wasn’t a big rumor before very shortly before the pick was made.

I have found a video (click here to see it) of Adam Schefter on draftday saying “there’s a growing belief” that the Browns could take Mayfield. Or there’s this tweet from Ian Rapaport (click here) the same day stating “[Mayfield going #1] is the buzz…”

Then there’s this tweet (click here) on draftnight from Benjamin Allbright (who, by the way, someone recently brought up as a highly trustworthy source who says that Kyler Murray to the Cards are a done deal): If I were a Browns fan, I'd start prepping for Mayfield. I was wrong on Darnold.”

There’s also this quote “Kiper previously had QB Josh Allen going to Cleveland in every one of his mock drafts, so he made the concession for Mayfield based on all of the reports today.” Or Todd McShay from his mock draft on draftnight: “I’ve had Darnold here in every mock I’ve done, dating back to my Way-Too-Early mock in May 2017, so why waver now?” (Click here to read the article)

Speaking of Allen to the Browns I think you are wrong as well.

Other than the quote from Kiper, there’s this quote from Pete Prisco of SI.com on April 12th (click here to read the article): "I think [Allen’s] going first overall," Prisco said. "I hear that too much from guys I respect in the business, who know a lot of people in the business. I'm talking about scouts and personnel people, who know guys and know Dorsey. I just keep hearing -- I've been saying it for a long time, and I just keep hearing it more and more that he will be the guy who goes No. 1 overall when it's all said and done." A couple of days earlier came this tweet (click here) quoting Daniel Jeremiah saying: “people that know people inside the Browns fully expect Josh Allen to be the pick at No.1.”

You see where this is going?

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Rosen is the QB you saw last year!
KK cannot miraculously make him better. If we stick with Rosen get ready for a replay of last year!
I say let’s see what Murray can do as a dynamic passing running threat.
and Quit getting hung up on 5’10”, it’s not that much shorter than others!
We stunk it up last year and Rosen did nothing to inspire hope.
Let me ask you this, Who have we picked up on offense to make you think it will suddenly be any better than last year?
I don’t want to suffer through another year of that miserable play! We are the laughing stock of the NFL!
Draft Murray and let’s light up this offense!
Go get your man KK!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
KK cannot miraculously make him better. If we stick with Rosen get ready for a replay of last year!
Let me ask you this, Who have we picked up on offense to make you think it will suddenly be any better than last year?
I don’t want to suffer through another year of that miserable play! We are the laughing stock of the NFL!
Go get your man KK!
Dude, if KK can't make him better, why did we hire him, with that as a talking point?

Why "quit getting hung up on 5'10" when all of the evidence more or less proves otherwise?

Why is it hard for the Murray supporters to see that the rest of us think he's going to make us even more of the laughing stock of the NFL? A team with a fired college coach completely pretending we are the exception to the rule.

The honest answer to "who have we picked up on offense to make you think it will suddenly be any better than last year?" Not much of anyone. That's the problem.

So let's accept reality: our team isn't very good, compared to the rest of the division or conference. Let's not blow three picks last year, and the top pick this year in order to take a hail mary, shot in the dark guy, with a wild hope and a prayer that we go from worst to first. Build a roster with a dominant front 7, develop our QB with tons of potential, play football in a way that gets you wins, not flashy stats.

There's a built-in safety net in the next two years with much more alluring QBs.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Go get your man KK!

And why do you think Murray is going to suddenly make this offense so much better if nothing else has changed to make the offense better?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
And why do you think Murray is going to suddenly make this offense so much better if nothing else has changed to make the offense better?

Yeah, people need to stop pretending that Murray is a plug-and-play QB. Wherever he goes, he’s going to need to adjust and develop

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This talk about Murray reminds me of the talk about Tavon Austin. We all saw how that worked out. He never lived up to his 8th spot selection.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
He’s 5 foot 9 inches and yea, he’s much shorter than everyone else

/cardcrazy

Uh...I thought he measured 5’10 1/8” at the combine. Maybe they made a mistake or maybe he paid them off to make it an inch taller!

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score

We’ll have you watched film on Murray? For one, He is probably the best QB runner I’ve seen coming out college. The defense has to account for him running for a first down on every play. He will be the quickest player on the field. His passings not bad either!
It will be fun to watch! Rosen wasn’t fun to watch at all...kinda made me a little sick to my stomach.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We’ll have you watched film on Murray? For one, He is probably the best QB runner I’ve seen coming out college. The defense has to account for him running for a first down on every play. He will be the quickest player on the field. His passings not bad either!
It will be fun to watch! Rosen wasn’t fun to watch at all...kinda made me a little sick to my stomach.
"Fun to watch" doesn't matter when you're winning games. Not that Rosen has done that yet, but Vick, again... RG3, again... hell, Jake Plummer. Always on the move, insane to watch... but not sustainable.

He will be the quickest player on the field, maybe (we can't measure that, he won't let us), but he'll almost certainly be one of the smallest. 2-3 exciting plays to start preseason with an accompanied broken leg is pointless.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
"Fun to watch" doesn't matter when you're winning games. Not that Rosen has done that yet, but Vick, again... RG3, again... hell, Jake Plummer. Always on the move, insane to watch... but not sustainable.

He will be the quickest player on the field, maybe (we can't measure that, he won't let us), but he'll almost certainly be one of the smallest. 2-3 exciting plays to start preseason with an accompanied broken leg is pointless.

I’ll take fun to watch and mediocre over boring and mediocre any day.
I actually enjoyed the Jake Plummer days!

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
I actually believe that KK was hired based on his plan of drafting Murray to develop his NFL version of the Air Raid Offense. I think Murray was his man all along starting from recruiting him in College. Now he has the chance to make it happen with his favorite QB. If he has to try and develop Rosen it will be forced and probably won’t work.