Bucks at Suns 12-15-14

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha and how many games have we lost in the 4th?

The problem for us in clutch situations hasn't been the shooting of Markieff and Bledsoe. It's the fact that Green, Marcus, Goran and others are taking and missing everything in clutch situations or Eric is dribbling the ball away before anyone can even miss their shot.

Steve

Errntknght

Reaction score
I think it would be smart to bring in Mike Malone as an assistant coach. He's said to be a defensive coach and also a hard nosed coach which bodes well with Hornacek's soft personality.

We could certainly use a good defensive coach right now since Mike Longbardi's strategies clearly haven't been working with the Suns being ranked #26 in the NBA in defense.

You seem to be basing that rank on points against per game. I don't like that particular stat because it is pace dependent. The Suns still have a positive point differential per game and since their offense is not all that good, it means their defense is not all that bad. That is pretty much in line with my calculations which have the Suns offense at 3% worse than average (based on all the offensive stats combined) and defense 2.5% better than average (based on all the offensive stats of our opponents combined.)
Last year they finished with the offense 2% below average and D 2% above average. That should mean we'd win 41 games whereas we actually won 48. I interpreted that to mean we were winning close games - Minnesota who couldn't win a close game all year had the opposite state - winning 8 games less that their stats suggested.

scXfreakX

Huh?
Reaction score
The problem for us in clutch situations hasn't been the shooting of Markieff and Bledsoe. It's the fact that Green, Marcus, Goran and others are taking and missing everything in clutch situations or Eric is dribbling the ball away before anyone can even miss their shot.

Steve

Completely agree. I also blame Zoran for not doing a better job wearing his sport coat.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake