Game 5 Lakers at Suns

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How was what raja did any worse than luke walton? Both situations a guy gets buy you for an open layup, since you're behind him you can't make a play on the ball so just tackle him.

Of course with the b.s. we've seen I fully expect him to get suspended.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was an incredibly dumb play by Raja Bell.

He will likely be suspended for Game 6. I can't fathom why you do that when you are waaaay up in Game 5.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
hsandhu said:
How was what raja did any worse than luke walton? Both situations a guy gets buy you for an open layup, since you're behind him you can't make a play on the ball so just tackle him.

Of course with the b.s. we've seen I fully expect him to get suspended.

Who he did it against. Does the league pay more attention on flagrants made on Tim Thomas or Kobe Bryant? There's a tough call :sarcasm:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next person that curses in this thread faces a three day ban. Don't try changing letters around, counting on the curse filter...whatever.

Say what you have to say and keep it clean.

mribnik

Reaction score
and I presume you were calling for Luke Walton to be suspended too for his cheap shot on Tim Thomas.

baltimorer

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, it's gonna be a tough game 6 without Raja Bell.

And that doesn't even account for the fact that, if there is a game 7, and raja comes back to somehow hit bryant again, kobe now has 4 full days to think of something else other than the "brush my shoulder off and smile while shaking my head" which has been pretty much his go-to move this series. He has shot the fadeaway i think 7 times, while he has gone to the "brush my shoulder off" 9 times. If he thinks of something new by game 7, a Raja elbow might not be enough to quell the Lakers energy.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Give me a break Kobe elbowed Raja in the face 4 plays before. These two were going back and forth and the NBA owes the suns that one. They better not screw us seeing as it will show a big double standard.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Espo said:
Give me a break Kobe elbowed Raja in the face 4 plays before. These two were going back and forth and the NBA owes the suns that one. They better not screw us seeing as it will show a big double standard.

Prepare to see a double standard. He'll be suspended guaranteed

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was a great play by Bell. Next time we should throw in a goon to really jack up the kobester. If he gets suspended it will be total bs. The Lakers have been playing dirty all series, too numerous to list, but I didnt see Bell hovering over Kobe like they did a couple of games ago.....Go Suns, Lakers suck, BEAT LA

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Raja as much as the next guy, but what was he DOING?!

He's definitely gone in the next game and that means we're done. That sucks.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If raja is gone, we can play big with thomas/diaw/mario/jones/nash w/ marion on kobe, and diaw/jones(w/ his length) going on odom.
Of course d'antoni will go small w/barbosa, and we'll get murdered inside.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you guys, I LOVE the Suns, but to compare Walton's foul, on a guy who right underneath the hoop going for a layup and Berll straight out clotheslining someone and then throwing his ass to the ground is ridiculous.

We showed up too physical too late - hopefully it taught us something for next year though.

I'll say, the NBA would be smart NOT to put Bell on the bench - Game 6 with everyone playing will be an all-out war.

xmykro

Reaction score
mribnik said:
and I presume you were calling for Luke Walton to be suspended too for his cheap shot on Tim Thomas.

How can you even compare the 2? Luke got Tim Thomas on his ARMS and he was making a play on the basketball.

Raja made no play on the ball and clotheslined Kobe across his neck - Then He threw him to the floor.

Raja is getting suspended.

mribnik

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I'm sorry you guys, I LOVE the Suns, but to compare Walton's foul, on a guy who right underneath the hoop going for a layup and Berll straight out clotheslining someone and then throwing his ass to the ground is ridiculous.

We showed up too physical too late - hopefully it taught us something for next year though.

I'll say, the NBA would be smart NOT to put Bell on the bench - Game 6 with everyone playing will be an all-out war.

I don't think it's that ridiculous, although I see your point. YOu forgot to mention that Tim Thomas was in the air when that happened. You know what happens on those types of plays? Ask Zarko.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

This has been a great first round all around, but is there anything much better than this series?

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Lakers fans are praying Raja is suspended because they are worried. This was a statement game and with or without Raja on thursday its on.